Don't Leave

Boxing Gloves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It kinda seems like a quick update to me, but i update every other day and the last update was two days ago, so....

_______________________________

 

Three weeks later, JungKook showed up at the gym, the biggest, goofiest, and most vulnerable smile on his face when he saw Seohyun. "Hey, beautiful," he greeted her. She remained stoic and strong, jabbing at the punching bag like she was angry.

 

"Hey, Kookie. Let's pretend we're not dating here, okay? I think it would be better, so we don't worry about hurting each other. Is that alright?" She asked hopefully. JungKook nodded, the same smile shining brightly on his face even though it had dulled when she told him to be careful in the gym with her.

 

"Sure," he responded.

 

It wasn't long before they were fighting like they always had, with JungKook's constant teasing and Seohyun's explosive responses. And it was all good and fun before he walked in.

 

Seohyun saw him out of the corner of her eye and looked to the front door, earning a light hit in her face because she was no longer paying attention. "Oh, sorry," JungKook apologized sheepishly.

 

Standing there at the front door was a certain man she knew very well, and she found herself lulled by his presence, drawn to him as she pulled JungKook along. "Seohyun-Noona!"

 

"Oh Sehun, I thought I'd never see you again," she stated, letting go of JungKook to hug the taller guy. JungKook had an expression on his face like he was intimidated and afraid and he wasn't sure whether he should be jealous or not because Oh Sehun didn't look like much of a threat. "So how are you doing? How's Kai? Are you two engaged yet?" Seohyun teased.

 

"Oh, not yet. Maybe when we get our money together," Sehun replied with a shy smile. "Who's this?" He asked, meeting JungKook's gaze. The boy smiled in response and tried as hard as he could to disappear.

 

"Oh, are you serious? Okay, well, the shy little child trying to hide behind me is Jeon JungKook, my boyfriend," she stated, reaching behind her to catch one of his hands.

 

"Well, he's very handsome. Not as handsome as Kai, but I can see why you found him attractive," Sehun giggled. And then the dreaded moment came to life. If Oh Sehun was about to work out, surely his good friend YongHwa would follow, right?

 

Precisely.

 

He stood close behind Sehun, with that disgusting smirk playing on his face like he would never apologize for his existence, like he had every right to intrude on Seo Joo-Hyun's gym because why? That's right, he ing made her into a boxer, and he ing used her like a little paper doll because she could bend, and she would wrinkle at his rude words, and in the end, he ripped her apart and never found the time to care about putting her back together.

 

JungKook felt the tension and stood next to her, eyeing him and tightening his grip on her hand. "And you remember YongHwa, right?" Sehun stated quietly, presenting his friend.

 

Seohyun nodded in his general direction.

 

"Hey, Seohyun. It's been a long time, how've you been?" He asked.

 

Seohyun wanted to walk out just seeing his face. She wanted everything in the world to kill him, but if she didn't want charges pressed, she'd be polite. She wouldn't talk to him. She wouldn't look at him. She'd just smile at Sehun and let her jealous boyfriend hold her hand and give her lasting attention while YongHwa lost interest all too quickly.

 

Realizing how uncomfortable Seohyun was, JungKook took control of the situation. "Hey, it's been nice meeting you guys, but we gotta go in like- oh, damn, it's already 4:30. Babe, what do you say we go get dressed and head out to see my dad, huh?" He offered. Seohyun nodded and looked up to meet his eyes, relieved that JungKook understood what was going on - for once. Okay, maybe he deserved a little more credit. He seemed to get it. And for love of all cheesiness, he seemed to get Seohyun, too.

 

It was 4:38 when they got in JungKook's car and Seohyun sat there in the passenger side with a soft smile. "Thanks for getting me out of there," she said, unable to think of anything else to say because she'd never been good at talking to boys she liked and the boyfriend-label didn't ebb the nervousness. But JungKook chuckled and took her hand because he seemed to know what the he was doing in a relationship. He must've dated people before. Seohyun thought YongHwa would be her only boyfriend, but thank god this ball of ferocity and playfulness showed up because she was starting to grow sick of the idea.

 

"Don't worry about it. So where do you wanna go? We've gotten this far," he told her.

 

"Let's go to your place," she answered. JungKook bit his lip.

 

"Or we could go to your house and play with Jinju," he returned. Seohyun giggled and scooted closer to his side.

 

"Or we could go to your place," she replied, leaning over the middle and kissing his lips softly. JungKook chuckled. "Yes?"

 

"No~" he said in a sing-song voice. Seohyun caught his lips again, lingering a bit longer on his mouth.

 

"How 'bout now?" She asked with quite possibly the stupidest grin on her face, but honestly she couldn't care less.

 

"It's still a no, Hyunnie," he teased. Seohyun laughed and gave him a few more open-mouthed kisses until he gave in. "You're lucky I ing like you, okay, Hyun?" He giggled, playfully nipping at her bottom lip before he started the car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter