Step 3

Boxing Gloves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

so you'll either hate me or love me for this chapter

probably hate

i dont care lol just read it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next week caught up to Seohyun when she was greeted by JungKook's smile and remarks of whatever she didn't care about. Yuri was out the door once again and Seohyun couldn't necessarily say she was surprised. After all, Seokjin meant so much to Yuri.

 

And Seohyun was back to not caring again, when all she did was raise an eyebrow at JungKook in greeting. "Nice to see you, too, Seohyun. Did you miss me?"

 

"Oh, please, don't make me laugh. No," she responded. JungKook chuckled.

 

"You can laugh?"

 

"Get dressed, Jeon. You're gonna teach me Step 3 today."

 

Soon enough, JungKook stood in front of her with his boxing gloves on, unable to wipe the giggly grin off his face before he just stood up and covered his mouth to laugh. "Why are you laughing?" She hissed, ready to punch him in the mouth. She'd be doing the world a favour then, by taking his taunting voice out and replacing it with sobs through his bloody teeth. JungKook looked her straight in the eyes with a mischievous grin on his lips, and she was absolutely convinced that he would end up in a hospital bed after this.

 

"I'm just thinking about how I'm gonna win this fight," he growled lowly. She widened her eyes at the line and threw a punch just to make him flinch.

 

"What the do you mean, you're gonna win? That's hysterical. Let's not forget who the real boxer is here," she warned him, confused as to where this sudden confidence came from. Confidence looks bad on you, JungKook. You'd look better cowering in a corner.

 

"But everyone has a weakness, don't they?" He asked before she went deaf. She caught up to the twisted and competitive look in his eyes, like this should've been a game and the game should've had an actual goal and he would win this game if it killed him. Seohyun hoped to god it would.

 

She watched his piercing eyes for a few more seconds before his smirk deepened. "Go," he whispered.

 

Seohyun was blind with fury when she threw all those punches, couldn't even see what she was staring at, but she recognized the pain of her missed punches all too well. JungKook was damn good at blocking, that was it. But could he really fight? She wanted to believe he couldn't, but when he started giggling at her insignificant punches, Seohyun started to think he knew what he was doing.

 

That's nonsense. He's a ing loser, he has no idea what he's doing. He's being a coward! She reminded herself, rage pooling in her stomach with every missed punch. Seohyun was understandably confused and equally infuriated by the fact that Jeon JungKook had yet to throw a ing punch and it still felt like he was on top.

 

That was when she looked into his dark eyes and time stopped. She couldn't hear anything else if she tried - even though the world was pulsing around her and forcing a cacophonous symphony on her distant mind - when JungKook's harsh breaths through his grin formed sounds. Seohyun hung on every word like she was clinging to the Hangul for dear, wretched life. "YongHwa was right. You can't fight for anything."

 

Her heart dropped. It shattered into a million pieces and she felt like she would never be able to put it back together again. Seohyun never expected anything like that to leave JungKook's mouth, and she never expected it to hurt more than anything because JungKook was the one saying it.

 

But there it was, ing around with her broken heart and bouncing around her rib cage while she stood there, motionless and broken with the slightest hint of pain in her eyes. And she hadn't really cried in a long time, not since she caught YongHwa, but it was in that moment that Seohyun dropped her fists and tears filled her eyes before she could count on them. I should be stronger than this, she thought, but then again, JungKook stabbed her in the only weak point in her steel armour: her heart.

 

He smirked with satisfaction at her state. "Step 3. Hit 'em where it hurts, Darling," he added. Seohyun nodded gently, taking off her glove to wipe her eyes. By god, he's ing brilliant, she thought as she stepped out of the ring. He knows exactly how to manipulate people so he'll win. He's a fantastic partner, she tried to console herself, but it did nothing to get rid of the powerful stinger in his words. She began to sob as she sat against the wall, her face buried in her hands because she couldn't take it if anyone saw her cry over this.

 

YongHwa was right. You can't fight for anything.

 

He knew where it would hurt, all because Seohyun had told him about YongHwa before. JungKook didn't even have to hit her, but he won. All he did was block and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter