Stage 5. Small Talk (2)

Six Stages of Having a Crush

Every sane person hates Mondays. That's a fact of life right there. Mondays is when the week starts and people have to go to work and students have to wake up and attend classes and when Kim Taeyeon has to finally face her crush AKA love of her life AKA Jessica Jung.

And Kim Taeyeon is not prepared.

First thing she does when she arrives in school is to shove her head inside her locker. That's how miserable she felt. Of course she was being a bit dramatic but you really can't blame her when the universe basically made sure her stars skip grade school and don't understand what is 'being aligned'. Proof you ask besides her blubbering idiocy last week?

Exhibit A:

She asks her best friend Tiffany for free English lessons which basically means JUST the speech part because who effin cares about noun-verb agreements and gerunds? It's not like she's gonna take a test for them. So being the wonderfully supportive friend Tiffany is, she got her English lessons after buying a whole pint of strawberry flavored ice cream with a pink container.

By the end of the weekend, Tiffany declares Taeyeon's tongue as the most inflexible muscle in her body and she didn't even have to kiss her to find out.

Exhibit B:

Jessica loves chocolates.

Taeyeon's used up all her money for her pink monster of a best friend.

 

Some things in life are just not meant to be and apparently, so is Taeyeon impressing Jessica Jung. This is one of the many reasons why Taeyeon hates logic. It's in love with the idea of messing up her life.

Tiffany tries to console Taeyeon because she's just that friend.

"Taetae, maybe you can ask Jessica to quote unquote 'help' you with English? I mean, as an excuse to get close to her."

"And embarass myself some more? You said it yourself Fany, I'm an impossible case."

"Fine, be all sulky and miserable then. When you're all done being dramatic and finally get your head out of your stupid , I'll be fixing my makeup in the bathroom," Tiffany says as she huffs and walks away.

Taeyeon hates upsetting Tiffany. She knows her best friend will get over it pretty quickly but she still feels all guilty inside. Taeyeon counts to five in her head before closing her locker and heading to the bathrooms.

And then she sees Jessica Jung in the hallways surrounded by her friends. Taeyeon thinks the frown on her lips and the quirk in her brows makes her beautiful so being the reasonable and perfectly normal person she is, Taeyeon openly stares like a... like a... like a thing that stares weirdly (author vocabulary nonexistent and or damaged, apologies). Jessica huffs visibly and Taeyeon absolutely swoons. She's just a teenager, after all.

Then lo and behold, exactly two seconds later Jessica looks her in the eye all the way across the hallway and smiles. Smiles. At her. Kim Taeyeon.

Somebody call the pope, we have a miracle in our midst! Also, possibly 911 because Taeyeon doesn't think her adolescent heart can take this much damage and expect her brain to function normally for the rest of the day. She's sure about it and it's also the truth because Taeyeon can't remember how in the seven gates of hell she arrived in the bathroom all red faced and breathless and feeling like she needed to sit down because her legs are weak and running .

But it's a bathroom and sitting on the toilet (cue song lol jk) is kinda gross so Taeyeon settles on the counter beside the sink Tiffany's using.

"Fany," she says.

"Did you decide to stop being an idiot yet?" Tiffany asks.

"Jessica Jung smiled at me."

"Okay. Talk to me when you're sober. Class is gonna start in ten."

"NO! Wait! She really did! Honest!"

"...Are you sure?"

"Yes. Totally. I swear, it happened. I was there and I saw it myself."

Tiffany knows her best friend is an utterly hopeless idiot but she loves this idiot, platonic it may be, so she placates said idiot by boosting her ego and fueling her hopes for reciprocation from a certain Jessica Jung.

"Maybe she finds your id-- er... little mishap last week kinda cute?"

And the works.

"Damn, i am so attractive."

Oh well. An annoying self-importance infested Kim Taeyeon is more tolerable than an annoying histrionically lovelorn Kim Taeyeon.

"Now is the perfect time to execute Plan B," says Taeyeon.

"You have a Plan B?"

"No. But if I did, now would be a perfect time to use it. I mean, Jessica Jung already finds me attractive."

Tiffany starts to regret adding fuel to Kim Taeyeon's burning fire of delusion. But then again this might turn out to be funny so she shoots down that guilt like an expert marksman and hope for the best. The best for whom, she's not really sure. She can always ask Sunny later.

"Let me know if you think of a new plan, then."

The day continues and Tiffany finds her best friend stealing secret gazes towards a certain Jessica Jung using the mirrors in the dance studio. It was their last period for the morning meaning it's Taeyeon's only shared class with her crush. Tiffany shifts to best friend mode and pairs up with Yuri once Kahi Seonsaengnim announces they had to have a paired up presentation due next week. She wanted Taeyeon to ask Jessica to be her partner but Taeyeon just ends up feeling betrayed.

Taeyeon starts to look around for other available people because in spite of feeling confident about her Sica's attraction towards her, she's not at all too sure if her heart can take and intimate act with her crush AKA dancing.

Fate (or something), however, had other plans.

"It looks we're the only ones without partners. Wanna pair up with me?"

Jessica's melodious voice. Jessica stood in front of her. Jessica offered to be her partner. Jessica, Jessica, Jessica... her heart. She's going to be Jessica Jung's partner for dance class because who in the seven kingdoms of hell would be crazy enough to say no to those uncertain eyes that look so scared? Taeyeon is definitely not. Besides, Yuri knows CPR, she can always revive her later.