Stage 4. Daydreaming

Six Stages of Having a Crush

Choir was very enjoyable today. Well, choir has always been enjoyable but today it's extra enjoyable because they were singing love songs as an exercise and Taeyeon can't help but feel all happy and tingly because Endless Love was a song practically composed for her and Jessica.

She imagines sharing the stage with Sica, singing a duet. Their duet. Theirs. Their Endless Love.

Thinking about it makes Taeyeon feel all giddy inside.

Maybe someday, she and Sica will be together. Like, what if an opportunity comes for them to hangout together? Like camping or something. And then they're somehow forced to share a tent. And then in the middle of the night, Sica asks her to hug her close because the night is so scary. And then they'd hug. And THEN...

Taeyeon thinks that she hates Tiffany. She loves her best friend, she really does, but right now she decides she hates Tiffany. She was just about to get to the good part and Tiffany just had to ruin it for her only to say that practice was over early and they have to stop by the nearest bookstore because she finally has saved up enough for Sophie Kinsella's new book. Damn Tiffany and her book lust.

An irritated Kim Taeyeon grumbles her way into the bookstore. What do people see in these things? There're no pictures in them! The store doesn't even sell manhwas. Manhwas! What kind of bookstore does not sell manhwas? And Tiffany's browsing shelves when she clearly said earlier she'd be buying one book. One. How hard is it to buy one freaking book? Taeyeon feels so bored.

She heaves a loud sigh, secretly hoping Tiffany would get the message and finally notice Taeyeon's been standing for fifty years. She doesn't. If only Sica were here. They've never talked to each other before but Taeyeon bets if Sica were standing here with her in this bookstore right now, she would know exactly what to say to make things fun.

Or maybe Sica and she can ditch Tiffany and go to that coffee shop a block away and order some latte and a share a slice of vanilla cake because that would be so romantic. Sica would then tell her they had to go back to help Tiffany because she's nice like that. Then they'd leave the cozy coffee shop. Then Sica would hold her hands because she feels cold and then Sica would kiss her hands and then---

Her hands feel heavy. Tiffany just handed her five thick books and made her carry them to the counter because apparently the eyesmile girl needed to get her wallet first which is coveniently burried deep inside her backpack. Taeyeon was tempted to drop these pictureless abominations down on the floor but she remembers she's a good friend and maybe Sica liked people who are nice to their best friends. Besides, Sica did post that she liked books.

"Are you sick?" asks Tiffany.

They are now sitting at the park with triple scoop ice cream supreme in their hands. Taeyeon's been quiet this whole time. She carried Tiffany's newly purchased books without being told to do so, opened the freaking door for her on their way out, and bought strawberry ice cream with chocolate sprinkles when Tiffany asked for some. Not once did Taeyeon complain. This absolutely worried the eyesmile girl. Her best friend has always been  generally compliant but she always had something to say before begrudgingly doing what she's asked to do.

"I'm feeling okay."

"Taetae, did you catch a bug while at the bookstore?"

"I don't think so. I'm not itchy anywhere."

"Are you sure? You've been awfully nice since we left there."

"What are you talking about? I'm always nice. Always. You have to tell people that, Fany-ah. Kim Taeyeon is a nice person."

A pregnant pause lingers in the air.

"Taetae, I'm your best friend and I love you but you have to know that using drugs is not good---"

"Wait whoa hold up. Drugs? What the hell, Fany!"

"Well, you're being weird! I don't know what you're on and I just figured, hey, drugs. I've known you for a long time and you do not do anything without complaining first. Also, why do I need to tell people that you're nice? Do you want me to become a liar? You are a terrible person, Kim Taeyeon."

And for the first time in their long history of friendship, Taeyeon realizes how dramatic the two of them can get. She wonders whether Sica would feel weirded out with her and Tiffany's normal version of a conversation or would she join in and be crazy with them? Probably the latter. Sica is a nice person, after all.

"But honestly, Taetae. What's up with you?"

"Nothing. I just thought Jessica might like me more if I'm nice around my friends."

"Have you even ever talked to her before?"

"No but that's irrelevant. Do you think she likes strawberry flavoured ice cream in a cone?"

"Huh, you actually do like her."

"I think she'll look pretty in a sundress. She'll like going on walks to the park with me and i'll get her strawberry ice cream. In a cone. Because she'd like that."

Tiffany pulls her up and tells her it's time to go home. Taeyeon carries her best friend's newly purchased books after Tiffany subtly reminds her how Jessica Jung just might like people who are nice to their friends.

That night, Sunny and Yuri finds out the secret code: Jessica Jung.