Stage 1. The Discovery

Six Stages of Having a Crush

Three years, five months, two weeks, and two days. That's how long Kim Taeyeon has been attending this drag of a school for supposedly gifted children which is really just another way to say: we're exploiting your talents once you graduate.

And yes, she's counting.

She lets out a long quiet sigh as Kahi Seonsaengnim's words float in her ear and out the other. Really, as much as she loved performing, she could care less about learning dance theories and philosophies. So she lets her eyes wander instead and subtly tries to look for anyone who was as bored as she was.

She tries to poke her seatmate slash best friend Tiffany who not only shrugged her off but also gave her a bother-me-one-more-time-and-i-will-kill-you glare. Taeyeon puffed her cheeks. She's not even that great of a dancer, Taeyeon thinks then quickly erased that thought before glancing at Tiffany in fear of getting hit. I'm sorry Tiffany I love you you're an awesome dancer. Tiffany probably can't read minds but in the words of the Little Prince, one never knows.

So who can Taeyeon bother?

Yuri, sitting right in front of Tiffany, is definitely out of the question. Her hyper menace of a friend is listening so intently to the teacher with such a calm concentration that Taeyeon actually considers the idea that Yuri has been replaced by some alien and the real one is held captive in a UFO somewhere. She toys with this line of thought for a little while until Yuri bends down seemingly to get something from the floor before giving said something to a girl sitting on her right. It was a fallen eraser. No, it wasn't just a fallen eraser. It was a fallen eraser in the form of a minion. Like Minion, minion. Yellow and goggles and blue jumper minion whose cuteness should be illegal.

And said Minion eraser went straight to the hand of one smiling Jessica Jung.

A smiling Jessica Jung looks so cute. She should also be illegal.

Taeyeon has always known that Jessica Jung is pretty. But today she notices Jessica's thin lips that for some unknown reason looks kissable. She notices her dyed brown hair which looked soft to the touch. She notices the slight curve of her eyes when she smiled appreciatively to kind Yuri who picked up her Minion eraser. She notices her jawline that was so sharp, she could probably grate cheese on it. And Taeyeon loves cheese which only makes her more attracted to Jessica Jung.

She feels a nudge from her right before seeing a slip of paper subtly placed on her desk.

"Wipe your drool" it said on pink gel.

She whipped her head at Tiffany and flashed her a mean look before scribbling on the paper for a reply then passing the paper back while maintaining her glare.

"I was so not drooling >n<) MYOB"

Tiffany just rolled her eyes before scribbling something back.

"Taetae, tell that lie to someone who believes it. IDK what you're looking at but you look dumb."

The bell rang before Taeyeon could close in disbelief of her best friend's words and scribble back a response so she settles for yelling an "No, YOU'RE dumb!" at Tiffany who eyesmiled her way off the hook. Taeyeon notices Jessica Jung get up from her seat in her periphery and she could have sworn the girl had glorious curves. The girl mentioned slid out of the classroom, however, before Taeyeon was able to turn towards her direction to properly check her out.

Damn.

She finds herself getting dragged to the cafeteria by an irritated Tiffany (followed by an excited Yuri) before figuring out that said irritated girl was talking to her about something and she just flat out ignored her. Jessica Jung was distracting but lunch is important so she forces the intriguing girl into the back of her head and orders one hamburger pizza and a banana milk because she can.

Sunny was already seated at their table by the time they finish ordering. They settle their trays and their butts before digging in to cafeteria food.

"Taeyeon looked dumb today," says Tiffany off-handedly to which Taeyeon scoffed at. Way to start a conversation, she thinks.

"When does she not?" Sunny asks nonchalantly.

"Ugh, excuse me? I'm right here. Hello?" complains Taeyeon.

"Aww, you guys. You're hurting her feelings," Yuri says before turning to Taeyeon. "You only look dumb most of the time."

"Maybe you should consider getting laid, Taeng."

"Yeah, Taetae. Maybe it's time for you to start dating. The real-life kind."

Taeyeon starts to reconsider her choice of friends. She was about to retort when racuous laughter resounds from a nearby table. She turns her glare towards mentioned table, willing the people seated there to burst into flames as compensation for disturbing her line of thought about something she was mad at and now completely forgotten about. The laughter subsided and she was about to tell her friends she might have psychic powers when she notices someone sauntering with her tray towards said table. Jessica Jung made the noisy people shut up. And Jessica Jung looks hot.

She shifts her eyes lower. Jessica Jung has a cute .

Did Jessica Jung always look hot or was she becoming more desperate?