Stage 3. Show and Tell

Six Stages of Having a Crush

If school had a subject about Jessica Jung, our dear heroine named Kim Taeyeon would ace it. She's read every profile that existed about the girl, can name the girl's friends (or at least those who interacted with Jessica Jung online), knows the books she'd read and movies she'd watched based on the quotes the girl has posted, and that her mood depended on which type of music she'd recently listened to. She even knows the girl has a younger sister who goes to school in a private all girls academy and gets annoyed of barking dogs.

Taeyeon looks at her lockscreen adoringly. Last night, she'd downloaded pictures of her crush AKA Sica (because Jessica Jung is a mouthful and so Taeyeon's made a secret nickname for her). Her phone's lockscreen is Sica in a bikini and her laptop's wallpaper is a Jessica Jung face-collage (which she stayed up all night creating after ushering Tiffany out of her room and convincing her she was okay so that she can be all mushy in silence).

It's officially acknowledged. She's crushing on this chick big time. Sica's pictures are in a folder in her phone labeled Sica <3 because the girl is simply too precious to not bring around.

She and Sica have never really spoken to each other. She's not even sure the girl knows she exists because apparently they only share one class together for the whole semester and like Taeyeon discovered last night, staring and cursing her study plan will change nothing because printed words on paper are fearless creatures. Also, heartless because they don't care if she and Sica don't share more classes together.

Although they only share one class, Taeyeon keeps her staring admiring to a minimum in case Sica (heart heart) for some reason feels like turning around and might accidentally find her looking and meet her eyes. Because, dude, she's not ready for that much intimacy yet!

Lunch came and this time, Taeyeon checks her banana milk's expiration date before settling on their table. Her tuna sandwich looked as appetizing as an uncooked masticated deer. Taeyeon's never really seen one but she imagines it to be gross anyway. But hey, her milk's not expired and she's surrounded by her friends who are now, for a change, talking about that cute newly transferred student a grade below them. The situation is perfect. It's now time for affirmation on the awesomeness level of her new crush.

Always the dramatic, Taeyeon purposefully clears to indicate silence though her friends have not talked for about two minutes as they are busy chomping on their respective cafeteria food. It gains their attention, though and Taeyeon feels important.

"So... I have a crush," she says.

A pause.

"Which game is this character from, this time?" asks Sunny.

"No no no, not a virtual crush! A crush-crush."

"Taetae, eat your food before the hypothetical flies get to it."

"No, Fany. I really have a crush! For real this time, I swear!"

"And who's unfortunate caught the eyes of our resident weirdling?"

"Shut up Sunny. I really like her, okay?"

"Are you sure you're not crushing on just her ?"

"No Yul, I'm crushing on her as a person. And maybe her too but that's not the point. She's hot and I can prove it."

Her ever trustworthy phone is whipped from her pockets as she begins to make a presentation on Jessica Jung 101 by using six selected pictures from said girl's social media accounts.

Yuri makes a comment about how hard it would be for her to make fun of Taeyeon since she sits next to Jessica in Dance Class during lectures and that she actually knows the girl. Tiffany wipes a nonexistent tear from her eyes and mutters something about her baby bird leaving it's nest. Sunny just stares and makes vocal inappropriate observations about the Jessica in the pictures, all of which Taeyeon already had thought of before.

So Jessica and Taeyeon never talked to each other before. Pfsh, big deal. All that matters is that Jessica Jung is hot, her friends thinks Jessica is hot, and her milk is not expired.