Stage 2. Research

Six Stages of Having a Crush

Taeyeon's school day dragged on ever so slowly and it's definitely not because Jessica Jung was not in any of her afternoon classes. Nope. Clouds aren't fluffly balls of condensation either. Her stomach felt funny, too, so Jessica Jung may only be a part of her restlessness. A major one.

When the final bell rang and respectful bows for the teacher were executed, Taeyeon raced with the other kids to get out of the stiffling classroom and into the safety of the dorms and wherever else teenagers might go to after classes. She sent a quick text to Tiffany informing her that she'll be skipping choir today because the milk she got for lunch was probably way past expiration date and her stomach was now a venue of a wild party she gave no consent to.

One trip to the bathroom and three glasses of water later, Taeyeon felt her stomach settle. Or maybe four trips. Taeyeon wasn't sure. She didn't bother counting. The important thing is that she is now flopping on her bed comfortably with her fluffy blanket and character pillows (Minions and Dookongs!). All is well.

She replies to Tiffany's worried "OMG You okay? Do you want me to get soup?"  with an "I pooped it all away."

Taeyeon is a good student. Usually. Sometimes. If she wants to be.

Like every other high school student, she had a ton of homework to do but like every other normal self-respecting teenager of her generation, she tells herself she can definitely finish all of these later after ten minutes or maybe an hour on the internet.

Five hours later, Taeyeon finds herself watching episode four of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. Feeling disturbed out of her wits and still confused how she got there from watching cute videos of cats and the occasional babies e.g. Kim Yebin videos, she closes the multiple (about thirty) tabs on her browser.

So to remove the thoughts of disturbingly weird muppets singing about digital style or some and showing nightmarish images she'd rather not think about, she follows Fraulein Maria's advice and thinks of her favourite things. She closes her eyes.

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, Jessica Jung...

Taeyeon opens her eyes.

"Jessica Jung."

She opens a regular non-incognito browser window and opens her accounts in facebook and instagram. She types in Jessica Jung on the facebok search bar and thanks all beings from the yokais of Japan to the gods and goddesses of Mt. Olympus including the old titans that the girl did not set her profile to private.

The last status was updated a week ago and there weren't much tagged photos of her on her wall. Of course, being the proper stalker that she is, Taeyeon applies etiquette and reads every single one including the comments section if available while being careful and not accidentally liking posts from three years ago or something stupid like that. She also clicks open Jessica Jung's instagram link displayed on her facebook profile and stalks her photos, which were also barely updated by the way.

"Oh. My. Freaking. Fruitcakes. Jessica Jung is smoking hot."

Bless whoever this Ok Taecyeon is because Jessica Jung's tagged bikini photo is probably the best thing she's ever seen.

"She went to the beach... I love the little mermaid as a kid. I even know all the songs! We're so meant to be."

Taeyeon is smiling.

"She performed a song for a talent show. I'm in the freaking choir club. This is such a weird coincidence."

Taeyeon is now grinning. Gleaming teeth and all.

"She likes spending time in the library. I have a best friend who is a book freak."

Taeyeon is now squealing.

"Oh my stars she uploaded a picture of a tuna sandwich captioned Fish <3. When I was a kid, I owned a goldfish."

Kim Taeyeon and Jessica Jung are practically destined to be together.

So much connection.

And thus is the reason why Taeyeon has been giggling uncontrollably while feeling too much kilig (it's a legit word. Taeyeon's read it officially becoming a part of the dictionary from somewhere) even from selected biased information she obtained from the most reliable sources of information in this day and age AKA facebook and instagram (because Jessica Jung apparently did not have Snapchat or Twitter or Askfm. Or maybe she did but just did not link it on facebook, much to Taeyeon's disappointment).

Tiffany enters her dorm and is welcomed with a squirming (unsightly) Taeyeon and she seriously contemplates whether takeout soup bowls also functioned as a weapon against deranged best friends.