The Brat Will Wait

Sweeter than Cupcakes

It was Monday. Luhan groaned, he dreaded Mondays. Sehun worked all day, leaving a needy Luhan at home with nothing to do. He sighed, dragging his feet out of his bed in one lazy motion. He wished Sehun could stay home with him… but the latter wasn’t quite as lucky as him. While Luhan received weekly allowance from his parents, Sehun’s claimed he had to ‘be a man’ and go out and earn his own money. Although he was always happy to- it was Luhan who opposed the idea.

 

He sighed, walking over to his dresser and carding a hand through his smooth blonde locks. Frowning at his reflection, he grabbed a hairbrush and fixed a few rebellious strands of hair. Something’s off… He leaned in, pouting his lips a little as he pored over his appearance. His eyes traced soft pink lips, a small delicate jawline, and lustrous chocolate-coloured eyes framed by doll-like skin. “Why must I be cursed like this… Aish… I look like a girl.” He frowned, swiping a finger over his eyebrow and opening the topmost drawer of his dresser with his free hand. He grabbed a simple grey HBA hoodie and matching sweatpants of the same colour.

 

Once he was dressed, Luhan looked in the mirror and pouted in annoyance once more. He looked adorable… draped in a loose hoodie that made him look swamped in fabric, he was supposed to look manly! He groaned, raking his hands through his hair rather violently. “That’s it!” he yelled dramatically, walking to his closet and grabbing a few bottles of hair dye his sister had gifted him. “I’ll dye my hair red. That’s manly, spontaneous, and brave!” He counted his words off on his fingers, a digit for each term. Grinning, he made his way to the bathroom and whipped up the hair dye quickly, eager to get it done before Sehun got home. He’ll be calling me manly in no time… Luhan smirked, using a tint brush to dollop the dye onto his scalp. Luckily, his hair was already a fresh shade of blonde, so he wouldn’t need to bleach it again.

 

Luhan wrapped his head in a shower cap, his ears poking out and making him look like Dumbo the Elephant. He grabbed the bottle his sister had given him and skimmed over the instructions. Thirty minutes. Alright, I can stay occupied for that long. He walked back in his room and grabbed his phone, swiping it open only to drop it back on his bed with a surprised scream as it vibrated in his hands. “One new message from Sehun…” he muttered, “pshh, brat.”


 

To: Luhan <3<3<3

From: Sehun

Are you up yet? I’m bored and on my lunch break. :P

 

To: Prince Sehun My Beloved <3

From: Luhan

Did you really changed your name to ‘Prince Sehun My Beloved <3’?

You really outdid your stupidity this time.


 

Despite his words, Luhan grinned, typing Sehun’s new contact name into his phone. He bit his lip as he waited for a response, and surely enough, Sehun messaged him back seconds later. “Doesn’t he have anything better to do than annoying me? He messages back so fast it’s scary.”

 

    

    To: Lulu <3<3<3

    From: Sehun

    I’m hurt, princess.

    Gotta go, see you @ home.

    

    To: Sebrat 3

    From: Luhan

    Who are you calling princess? I’ll beat you up.

    Bye. Come home soon, I’m bored.

 

    To: Lulu <3<3<3

    From: Sehun

    I’d like to see you try, shorty.

    Aww miss me, boo? <3<3 :*:*


 

Luhan groaned, flopping back to his bed. “I’m not even going to dignify that with a response…” Whoever introduced Sehun to emojis deserved a fate worse than death, whatever that was. He checked his clock. Only ten minutes went by, which meant Sehun had been not texting Luhan for thirty minutes of his lunch break. Luhan huffed, mildly annoyed. His heart beat nervously, am I… jealous? He let out a shriek of impatience, rolling over so his face could sink within the comfy confines of his mattress. Before he knew it, he had fallen asleep. Boy was he grateful for the alarm on his phone. Beeping rang in his ears as he trotted to the bathroom, nearly tripping over several objects littered throughout his floor, before making it safely to his shower.

 

After he had washed his hair, Luhan bounced excitedly to his mirror. He leaned into his mirror, and immediately grimaced. “What… the… Oh. My. God.” He put a hand to his forehead, whipping his phone out and calling his sister.

“Hey Hannie!~” his sister greeted him cheerfully. She was a few years older than him, but less mature than Luhan by far.

“Biyu! What the hell is this hair- dye my hair… mY HAIR!! Biyu I- You’ll never see the… liGHT of DAY AGAIN I Swear to g- BIYU THE HAIR MY HAIR it’s ruined!” Luhan screamed into his phone, his cheeks tinted red in anger, tears threatening to leave his eyes.

“Hannie, I can’t hear a word you’re saying…” Biyu said calmly into the phone, unphased by her younger brother’s anger.

“MY HAIR!” Luhan pounded his fist on his bathroom sink frustratedly.

“Oh, Lu! What about it? Oh, did you use the hair dye I bought you? I think you’ll look good in red.” Luhan could tell Biyu was smiling innocently even through the phone. Curse his sister’s airheaded nature. She probably just bought the wrong coloured hair dye.

“It’s. Pink. Biyu. It’s Pink!” Luhan whined into the phone, giving the bottle across the room a dirty look.

“W-what? I could have sworn I bought red.” Luhan could imagine his sister rubbing her head with a finger in confusion, her usual habit when she made an absent-minded mistake.

“No! IT’S PINK!” Luhan spat.

“Well… you could have read the bottle…” Biyu muttered quietly, but Luhan heard.

“DAMMIT BIYU YOU HAVE RUINED MY MANLY IMAGE AND I CAN’T EVEN GET A SORRY?!” Luhan cursed, too angry to care about getting scolded by his older sibling.

“Alright, sorry sorry! Luhan, I’m sure it looks fine, you could pull off like any colour you know.” Biyu said sympathetically.

“I guess…” he groaned, “but I look cute.” Luhan pouted, turning to eye his horror-stricken expression in the mirror again.

“Luhan, you are cute. Even with red hair you would have been.” Biyu chuckled at her brother. She was immature, but Luhan was the real drama-queen of the two siblings.

“Yah! I’m manly jiě jie. But NOW I’m going to be single forever.” He frowned, brushing his now pink hair out of his eyes.

“Nonsense Hannie, what about that Selun- Seahun?- fellow. You two are clearly in love. How’s that been going? I’m rooting for you Hannie!~”

“What?! No we’re not! Sehun is a friend, nothing else! I would never never neeeeverr in a million years like him!” Luhan replied defensively, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Right. Sure. Because I don’t notice the way you look at him. What do you think older sisters are for Hannie? Anyways, I have to go, good luck with your boyfriend!”

“YAH! He’s not-!” Luhan heard the line go dead as his sister hung up on him. Brat…

 

It had taken Luhan two hours to style his hair up to his satisfaction. He smoothed it down over his head and smiled. It wasn’t too bad… he did look… god-damn adorable. He smiled a gummy smile and blushed in embarrassment. He looked like a child, not a twenty year old man. He blinked wide eyed for a second. That’s right… it was his twenty-first birthday in a few days. They had already celebrated Sehun’s nineteenth birthday about a week ago. Sehun was getting so old, he felt like the latter was catching up with him, even though they would always be two years apart. ‘Well now with this hair colour I look like I’m seven anyways. Twenty first birthday or not…” he sulked, finally turning away from his appearance and leaving the bathroom.

 

 


 

It was just past three when Sehun arrived home early from work. He sighed, arching his back to stretch his sore muscles. He had no problem with working, and his boss, Junmyeon, was always lenient, but sometimes work was difficult. He recalled a few fellow students coming to the diner to spend their break eating with friends. They started talking about Luhan, describing the elder as, ‘utterly able’, and he completely lost it, punching the kid square in the jaw. Thankfully Junmyeon was kind and let him off with a strong warning telling him to leave early and not to come into work tomorrow. Though Sehun didn’t regret it. The kid had scrambled away from Sehun’s angry expression as soon as the blow landed, spitting blood out of his mouth, and crying like an ugly child. ‘Is that Luhan’s boyfriend or something?’ he’d asked his friends, who merely shrugged as they proceeded to walk away in a group. Sehun probably would have gotten away with it if junmyeon hadn’t been standing directly behind him when the action went down. ‘Not that those kids didn’t deserve that… but maybe you should take a break… you are at work. As your boss I can’t just let you off the hook.’ Junmyeon had said. He smiled, Junmyeon was so understanding to him.

  

  Sehun walked into their apartment, slipping his shoes off and tip-toeing quietly to the living room. He wasn’t sure what he was avoiding, but Luhan could very well corner him into telling him why he left work early and proceed to unleash his wrath on the taller for being reckless. After quietly entering his room and setting down his belongings, he proceeded to the kitchen to make food, feeling his hunger grow by the minute.

 

  Luhan didn’t know what he was doing, but as soon as he heard Sehun unlocking the door, he’d panicked and locked himself in his bathroom. “Oh my god my hair is pink I look bad oh my god what if Sehun never wants to look at me again oh my god oh my go-” he stopped rambling and clamped a hand over his flushed face. He pushed his self conscious thoughts out of his mind, trying to summon the courage to twist the knob of the door and face Sehun’s judgement. He opened his door and walked quietly to his bedroom door. He could just barely see the kitchen from his hiding place. Sehun walked around softly, with a frown on his face. Luhan frowned too, he looked sad? Angry? Annoyed? Maybe all at once. He wanted to turn the frown into a smile either way.

 

Luhan peered out, cursing himself when his door creaked open, and he stumbled out of his bedroom. At least he had enough balance to prevent himself from falling flat on the floor. Sehun looked up at the noise, stifling a laugh as Luhan stumbled out of his room. He walked a few feet, leaning down and slowly wrapping his arms around the latter, nuzzling into his neck and breathing in the scent of Luhan’s strawberry scented shampoo. He wanted to hold the other in his arms forever, just so he could place his head against Luhan’s milky skin and call him his.

Luhan felt his face heat up as he felt Sehun close the gap between their bodies, bringing him into a warm hug. His first expression had been relief? Did he even notice my hair?... Luhan pushed away the pang of disappointment he felt, and situated his arms around Sehun’s neck, feeling that the younger probably needed a hug.

“Before you yell at me, I had the tiest day, so please keep that in mind before you scold the living daylights out of me.” Sehun mumbled dejectedly, startling Luhan with his deep voice. Luhan shivered, feeling the vibrations of Sehun’s voice against his chest. He sighed and leaned closer into Sehun’s chest to hide the blush that was spreading to the tips of his ears.

“I- Uh… you might yell at me too… I did something awful…” Sehun moved to back away, but Luhan held onto him tightly, “I don’t want you to look…”

Sehun’s eyes widened… was that… a whimper? Did Luhan actually do that. He was half curious, half fangirling inside at Luhan’s cute whine.

“Why? Look at what?” He questioned. Luhan held him so tightly he couldn’t even turn his face to look at Luhan’s. Normally he could hardly complain, but he was beginning to feel suffocated in Luhan’s vice-grip.

“I… Please don’t look Sehun. I look ridiculous.” Luhan let out an embarrassed sob. Sehun wanted to feel bad, but the other was so damn cute, and he could tell Luhan wasn’t crying by the perfectly dry state of his own shirt.

“Okay what do you plan on doing? Holding me here forever?” He chuckled, feeling the other’s grip loosen on him. Luhan hadn’t thought of that. He pouted, his ears as red as a tomato.

“Uh… yes?” He questioned defeatedly. He closed his eyes and backed away, pout still intact.

 

Sehun’s brown eyes widened, and the corners of his mouth lifted into a grin. Never in his life has he seen anything as cute as the blushing man in front of him. He was as whipped as a teenage girl. Luhan opened one eye, and then the other, pursing his lips, confused at Sehun’s lively expression. He stood there staring at him like an overjoyed murderer claiming his next victim. “S-Sehun?” he stuttered, waiting for his smile to turn into a horrified frown.

Instead, he was crushed against the other’s chest once again as Sehun brought him into a bone-crushing hug.

“Oh my god Lu I love it babe, I’m going to cry you’re so so so cute and squishy looking, you’re cuter than Minseok hyung!” Sehun shouted enthusiastically, unaware just how much the term ‘babe’ affected Luhan. Luhan’s heart beat nervously, but he couldn’t speak Sehun was holding him so tightly. He was almost glad, he doubted he could utter a word even if Sehun wasn’t hugging him. He looked away, avoiding Sehun’s eyes as the other backed away and turned to face him.

Sehun smiled down at the blushing boy. Twenty years my … He loved the way he could make Luhan blush with just a word. He leaned down and before Luhan could stop him, he planted a chaste kiss on Luhan’s forehead. Luhan gulped, his heart beating so fast he was sure he was going to need an ambulance.

“S-sehun!” he whimpered a few seconds later. Sehun looked at him confused. Did a small kiss on the forehead make him that sad? Luhan should have been used to Sehun’s skinship even by now even if he didn’t like Sehun back.

“What?” Sehun asked with a worried tone.

“I think we need to call for help, my heart is beating so fast, I think there’s something wrong with me!” He said so seriously, Sehun choked on his own laughter. He put his hand against Luhan’s chest easily, delighted as it quickened to his touch. Damn Lu you are a bucket of nerves… “See Sehun! You feel it, right?”

“Lu, there’s nothing wrong with you,” he replied, eyes softening, “I just make you nervous. Because,” he paused, “You. Like. Me.” Luhan gulped, heart beating harder. Sehun’s hand on his chest felt too hot to bear. “See Luhan, you feel it, right?” He mimicked Luhan, leaning into Luhan so close, the older wanted to scream. Sehun didn’t wait for him to respond. “But you know, that’s quite alright, because my heart beats really fast when you’re around too. Which means…” he paused, smiling at the other sweetly, “I. Like. You.” Luhan stared into Sehun’s genuine eyes, wanting to feel lost in their honest expression. “Say something?” Sehun said, looking nervous for time. He’d confessed to Luhan plenty of times, but this was the first time he’d left the latter speechless. Usually he’d respond with a quick quip, denying he had any feelings for Sehun at all.

“Um… I have to go to the bathroom…” Luhan finished lamely, pulling away from Sehun’s gaze, and dashing for cover from those piercing eyes Sehun possessed. Sehun simply shrugged and went back to cooking. “I’ll wait as long as it takes…” he whispered to himself, watching after the cute boy he’d liked for so long.

 

Luhan leaned against his door, Sehun’s words cutting into him like he was butter. It made sense seeing as he was literally melting for Sehun. ‘I’ll wait for you as long as it takes,’ he felt bad making Sehun wait. Maybe he did like Sehun… but he was so afraid. “I’m such a coward…” Luhan frowned, and peeked through his door to see Sehun failing miserably at making cup noodles. How anyone could do that, only god knows. Sehun could find a way to fail at cooking anything.

Luhan smiled, enjoying the view as the other got frustrated. Part of him was jealous of Sehun’s height advantage, but Sehun was so handsome he left Luhan breathless. He blushed, letting his eyes wander the younger’s figure, feeling something other than envy now.       Sehun suddenly turned to him, and frowned cutely. How did he know I was standing here?

“Lu, are you going to keep standing there looking at my nice , or are you going to help me cook this?” He lifted up the burnt cup of noodles and chuckled. Luhan simply nodded.

“What am I going to do with you… You’re an adult now you should know how to microwave noodles, and Sehun, your is painfully average, don’t flatter yourself.”

“Whatever, you’re totally jealous. You wanna get some of this booty~” Sehun pouted, patting his rear for Luhan to see. Though he was personally very fond of Luhan’s . He didn’t mention it though. Luhan probably needed a break from his constant ‘charm.’

Luhan groaned, noticing how easily Sehun calmed his heart. Then again it was his fault it had started beating so quickly in the first place.

 

Brat… but you do have a nice ...

 

 


 
(A/N)
 

Did you like the chapter? I'm not sure what I just wrote. I'm updating early and this chapter is longer than the others because I feel bad for not updating on time last chapter. This chapter is more fluffy eeheheh.

Though I am pretty happy with the chapter. I like it better than the first two. What did you think? How long do you think Luhan is going to hold up against Sehun's annoying charm?

Also, as you read, Luhan and Sehun are college students on break. The age difference is only two years though. Sehun is 19 and Luhan is (about to be) 21. Also the fanfic is set around April near their birthdays. ^^ (I guess they're on spring break.) 

I added a little mention of Minseok and Junmyeon xD Did you like that? Thinking of adding some ot12 when they start attending classes again ehehe.

Comment what you think! leave some feedback! Whatever! I live for comments I love them No pressure!