(Un)Expected Confession

Sweeter than Cupcakes

Luhan eyed his cupcakes with delight, smiling at the finished product. He felt the sweat glistening on his forehead, and nodded with a smile as bright as the sun. It had taken him at least four hours to complete the cupcakes, and his pants were covered in flour and other assorted ingredients, but it was worth it. He looked around, surveying the mild disaster that surrounded him; pots and pans scattered about, each dirtied with an unknown concoction that would later be made into the delicious treats Luhan was now looking at with pride. Suddenly, the sound of a door opening interrupted his thoughts. He let out a groan, knowing exactly who had arrived home… his room-mate, Oh Sehun. Though he did not relish the thought of speaking- no, not even looking at the other.

 

-Flashback-

 

It was a sunday afternoon, and of course Luhan would spend it with his best friend Sehun. He smiled, rolling himself out of bed and nearly screaming as his door was thrown open by none other than said male. Sehun laughed at the expression on Luhan’s face, enjoying the latter’s surprise. But soon his expression changed into a mischievous one as he pounced onto Luhan’s bed, just a few feet away from him. Luhan smiled brightly at the male, pushing away the nagging feeling that the other was up to something. He turned to face Sehun, his chocolate eyes wide with mock surprise.

“A wild animal in my bedroom?! Of course I’m surprised!” he smirked, sarcasm evident in his tone. Luhan smiled smugly, hoping he’d got his payback for being barged in on like that, when suddenly the wind got knocked out of him. “Kyyyaaa!~” he let out a shriek as Sehun let his hands roam around Luhan’s body in the places he knew were ticklish. Luhan giggled uncontrollably, his body twitching under Sehun’s strong grasp.

“Apologize, deer!” Sehun yelled, sticking his tongue out childishly. Luhan was a few years older than him, yet the two were like kids together, and Luhan was just as immature as Sehun. Sehun continued to tickle him, thinking the male was about to apologize, when suddenly Luhan looked right into his eyes with his doe-like ones. The sun shined on Luhan, light reflecting off his milky skin, highlighting each graceful feature on his perfectly sculpted face. His eyes sparkled, their caramel color especially beautiful in the sunrise. Sehun felt his heart quicken, and he realized he’d been staring at Luhan for a few seconds now, hands hanging to his side. “Lu, you look beautiful…” Sehun stated, a dumbfounded expression clouding his face. Luhan felt his heart nearly jump out of his chest as his eyes became as wide as saucers. His lips parted cutely, revealing a set of crooked bottom teeth- which Sehun loved to no end. Luhan coughed, and his lip, wetting the plump pink flesh, making Sehun nearly choke at the cute action. Sehun let his hand travel to the other’s hip, and held back a gleeful smile when he felt Luhan twitch under his warm hand. Of course, Luhan tried to rationally view the situation, even though the look Sehun was giving him made his heart beat faster.

What do I say? Can he hear my heart beating? he thought frantically.

“Yah! I’M NOT BEAUTIFUL YOU I’M MANLY! And I like girls, girls don’t like beautiful men, Sehun-ah.” Luhan quickly took the chance to run away from his grinning friend, entering his bathroom and ignoring the yells of ‘hyyuunngg~’ he heard resounding from the room he’d left. He looked in the mirror and nearly choked at his round red cheeks. Why is my face so red? he wondered. This also brought his attention to his hands, which were nearly shaking. Why did those words sound like a lie when I said them? Luhan clutched at the hem of his shirt, leaning against the bathroom wall. Am I really gay? He asked himself. To be honest, he had been thinking about it for a while, and he was finally ready to admit to himself the truth. But the thought of Sehun knowing made his heart thud in his chest. He was well aware of Sehun’s feelings for him, as he made it quite obvious every ing day of his life. Luhan frowned. I don’t like Sehun though! He’s my best friend! How could I like him? Never, no, not in a million years! “But if he finds out what will he do…” he shivered, feeling like his brain would explode at the thought. Would Sehun try to pursue him? The thought made Luhan want to hide under his covers and never come out of his room. He looked in the mirror again, and yelled angrily, “WHY THE - MY FACE IS SO AGHHHHhhhh!” he put a hand up to his red cheeks, feeling the heat rise to them. He felt the heat deep in his stomach, and it felt as if it was taking control of his body. He sighed and fanned himself with his palm. Oh Sehun what are you doing to me?  he wondered, as if the latter’s gay could ‘rub off’ on him. He shook his head and closed his bathroom door, opting to get ready instead of wasting his time thinking about useless things.

Sehun couldn’t stop a grin from appearing on his face as he watched his friend run to the bathroom with blood-red cheeks. Ever since he’d met Luhan they’d been good friends, but after a while, Sehun had started to develop more than just friendly feelings toward the man. At first Sehun was merely attracted to Luhan, and enjoyed teasing him and sneaking glances at him so he could check out the other at times, but after highschool he realized his feelings had grown beyond that. Sehun smiled and brought his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them and tucking his head against his long legs. He wanted to sit on Luhan’s bed forever, and enjoy the sweet honey-like scent of the boy he had grown to like so much, but he had plans to carry out. He quickly bolted off the bed and ran to his bedroom. He decided on a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, which were practically illegal considering how tight they were- and considering how nicely they clung to his rather well endowed .

A deep maroon shirt caught his eye, and he grabbed that too, tossing it carelessly with the other consignments that littered his bed. Sehun took one last look at his dresser, and then skipped to the bathroom, clothes in hand.

“Hmm… the pants are a must… but what shirt…?” he muttered mindlessly, holding a few articles of clothing against his chest. He had already changed into what would be dubbed, ‘The Tight- Booty Jeans,’ and he stood pleased with his reflection in the mirror. He slipped the maroon shirt down his broad shoulders, deciding that if it had caught his eye, it would surely be noticed by Luhan. By now, Sehun was almost jumping up and down just thinking about his plot. He quickly snagged a leather jacket off its hanger on the way out, and then shut the door of his closet loudly, heading to Luhan’s bathroom.

Luhan smiled as he powdered his face, completing his masterpiece, or, most commonly called- his face. A light copper shadow surrounded each eye, fading into a black liner. The whole ensemble complimented his eye color quite nicely. With haste, he brushed his hair, parting the light pink strands in the center of his head. Giving himself one last check in the mirror, and tucking a few wisps of hair behind his ear, he nodded and turned to exit the bathroom and was met face-first with toned muscle as he collided with Sehun’s chest. He pulled away, his face red and embarrassment, “yah, Sehun why were you outside m-my door? You nearly gave me a heart attack!” Sehun leaned closer, placing two hands against the wall, pinning Luhan between them. Luhan’s face heated up and Sehun chuckled with a satisfied grin, simply turning away knowing that Luhan would follow him.

    “Let’s get some bubble tea, hyung!~” he said innocently, a wide smile graciously adorning his face. Luhan smiled, easily melting for Sehun’s cute aegyo act.

    Luhan was so deep in thought, he hadn’t realized the car had come to a halt until Sehun’s deep voice jolted him out of his trance. The feeling of Sehun’s hot breath against his ear was more than enough to bring him back to reality, and Luhan didn’t even pay attention to what the younger was saying as he hopped (ran) out of the car, shutting it closed. Sehun merely shrugged feeling amused. He only asked what type of bubble tea Luhan would like…

    When they were settled at their table Luhan insisted that he would order, since Sehun usually payed for their ‘bubble tea escapades.’ Sehun grinned at the ambiance of the shop, noticing there were several girls around. Perfect. It was Sehun’s turn to be surprised as a fluffy haired Luhan bounced up to the table he had chosen for them. He jumped, and then giggled at Luhan’s embarrassment. The latter had been way too excited for his own good. Who was it that asked to get bubble tea again?

    “I got that good… good… (c;) uh kind that you like. Chocolate!” Sehun smiled at Luhan, thanking him for his drink and watching the latter settle down comfortably. Luhan’s pink hair fell into his eyes as he stared intently at the tea, taking a testing sip first, and then letting out a squeak of delight as the cold liquid hit his tongue. Sehun couldn’t help but think how perfect Luhan’s lips would look wrapped around something other than that straw. He proceeded to take large sips, consuming nearly half of the beverage before looking up guiltily at Sehun as if he’d done something wrong. “What? Why haven’t you drank your tea yet?”

    “Luhan hyung… is that girl cute?” Sehun pointed across the room expectantly and then fixed his unreadable gaze at Luhan.

    “Well, uh, why ar-”

    “What about her?” Sehun asked, interrupting Luhan mid-speech.

    “Not really…” he replied quickly, giving in to the sudden curiosity Sehun had apparently developed.

    “And her?” Sehun questioned immediately.

    “Wh-what are you getting-” Luhan felt his palms developing moisture nervously.

    “Her?” Sehun interrupted yet again.

    “No!” Luhan was becoming rather aggravated.

    “Her?” Sehun continued to badger him with eager perseverance in his eyes.

    “N-No!”

    “Her?”

    “NO!”

    “Her?”

    “Oh my god! NO NO NO! I’m ga… gay…” Luhan’s eyes widened. Said and done that was quite easy. He almost felt relieved. It felt right in his mind.

    “I KNEW IT!” Sehun pointed an accusing finger at Luhan, who merely gulped, his face the color of his strawberry bubble tea. Sehun looked all too happy with himself, and Luhan wanted to wipe that happy smirk off his face. With his fist perhaps… or a nice hefty shovel.

    “Y-Yah! Stop looking at me like that! Aiisshh this is so embarrassing…” Luhan slumped down on the square table between them, brushing aside his finished tea. He rubbed his temples with two slender fingers, and sighed, a moan of annoyance escaping his lips. He felt something soft against the sensitive side of his neck and he let out a squeak of surprise. He peered at Sehun through his peripheral vision, watching the other ghost his lips just barely against him, soft breath fanning out over Luhan’s smooth flushed skin.

    “There’s no need to be embarrassed hyung… But now that I know… I want you now Luhan… and I’ll stop at nothing to make you mine.” he then pulled away and walked to the door holding it open for the other with a cheeky grin plastered to his face. Luhan took a second to regain his thoughts, hand pressed to the area Sehun had just touched. His legs felt like jello as he stumbled to the door, grabbing his jacket and walking ahead of Sehun so he couldn’t see the deep maroon blush that adorned his cheeks. “Oh, and by the way… if you let out anymore moans like that I don’t think I’ll be able to control myself around you.” Luhan nearly fell over at the feeling of Sehun’s lips against his neck again. How did he even get that close without Luhan noticing?! He groaned in annoyance and ran ahead of Sehun pretending he didn’t notice how hard his heart was beating.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

He watched Sehun enter, eyes glossing over his neatly pressed outfit. It clung to his frame quite nicely, buttoned in the front by a dapper vest and a bow tie. The entire piece was a dashing black and red, and it seemed to look amazing to Luhan. He gulped, letting his gaze travel across Sehun’s body, intrigued by the way the male’s soft brunette hair fell into his eyes as he leaned down to untie his shoe. Of course Sehun had just gotten home from his part-time job as a waiter, and it wasn’t like he was dressed all that impressively, but Luhan would probably find himself staring at the attractive male regardless of what he was wearing. Even if he was wearing nothing. Especially, if he was wearing nothing.

Wait… what… no! Luhan screeched in his head. Suddenly he realized he’d been staring for way too long, and Sehun stood looking at him with a strange glint in his eyes that made Luhan’s insides toss and turn. Luhan’s face paled and he let out a strange muffled noise, similar to that of a dying animal, as he turned around and his face came into contact with a hard object. “Oh, !” he yelled quite frustratedly. He’d forgotten to close the cabinet door directly across from him, and of course when he turned so suddenly his face became one with its grainy wooden embrace. He felt warm liquid trickle down the groove of his cupid’s bow and he cupped his hands over his mouth frantically, watching as his cupcakes were tainted by his deep maroon blood. Luckily the napkins were located just a few feet away from him, and he quickly grabbed a few, holding them against his bloody nose. Without thinking he felt his eyes water, looking at the cupcakes that frankly, he had worked his off to make. The cupcakes’ perfect lavender icing was covered in Luhan’s blood and he felt warm tears roll down his cheeks while his free hand was balled into a tight fist shaking by his hip.

Sehun had already walked over to the other. As soon as he’d heard the sound of  Luhan’s face meeting the cabinet he made his way over muttering a quiet, ‘oh , Lu, are you okay?’ But his features quickly darkened into a concerned look, his mouth forming an ‘o’ shape as he witnessed hot tears roll down Luhan’s cheek. He resisted the urge to leave light feathery kisses across the other’s face, and instead focused his attention to where Luhan was staring dejectedly. First he saw blood, and he immediately panicked. He hadn’t realized Luhan’s nose was bleeding until now, and he took note the blood streaks down his lips and chin. He heaved a sigh of relief, forgetting the fact that his Lu was still crying.

“Luhan? I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to startle you…” he decided to ignore the fact that the only reason this happened was because Luhan had gotten caught staring at Sehun. He grabbed Luhan’s hand and smiled, looking into the latter’s eyes reassuringly. “It’ll be okay Lulu we can scrape off the icing and put more on.” His eyes crinkled at the corners and he shook his head up and down agreeing with himself. Luhan just blinked at him, a wordless statue, perhaps he was hoping Sehun would forget all about this if he blended into his surroundings.

 

Sehun wrapped the other in a warm hug, sighing comfortably.

Then again, statues usually didn’t cry, and Sehun wasn’t a fool (most times).

 


 

(A/N)

 

Did you like it? c;cc;c;;c; (I need help.)

 

Sorry I am so gross agh.

Q-Q

Save me from the Hunhan I love.

Anyyywaaayyss, this is my first (Hunhan/Exo/Kpop/Not Anime Weeb ) fanfiction, so please forgive me for anything dumb agh. Also, I hope it wasn’t too boring because honestly, I had a hard time writing the flashback. I’m not one for writing a background for stories and so it was tedious work when I already had the flashback in my head, and I just had to write it out. It wouldn’t be that hard if I could insert tons of fluff everywhere but ay oh well.

Also leave me some lovely comments peeps it would be much appreciated.