Chapter 5

White Shirts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5:

Junjin entered the lift and clicked the button to the highest floor and waited that the doors opened. The bleep sound gained attention from a man in the middle of the room. He widened his eyes, before a huge grin appeared upon his face. “Junjin!” the man strode to his friend and engulfed him to a bear hug. “What are you doing here, bro?!” the man asked.

“Xianyu hyung,” Junjin responded the hug and tapped the back like he did with his friends. “It’s been rough couple of weeks, so I decided to visit you.” he laughed and let his arm remain around the neck. “Did you like my surprise?” Junjin questioned, both of them advancing the office.

“I was surprised,” Xianyu laughed. “I cannot believe you are hear, man.” his arm remained around the shoulder as they entered the room that had less people in it – Xianyu owned a small company. “Minghao just turned 4,” he talked proudly, beckoning for Junjin to sit down in front of him – he also ordered some drinks.

“He is 4?!” Junjin reacted. “And how is your wife?”

Xianyu smiled widely again, showing off how happy he was – he did not know about Junjin’s sad life and the dongsaeng was not going to tell him, because he didn’t remember much about it anymore. “Xiaomei is carrying another child.” The smile on the face turned into a grin and it was very contagious. “This time it’s a girl.”

Junjin chuckled.

“Congratulations, hyung,” he tapped the shoulder. “Are you busy?”

“As a matter fact I am. A dozen of representatives from Korea are coming to talk about business deal with me.” Xianyu spoke. “I sent my drivers to pick them up from the airport, so they must be here any minute now.” the man glanced at his wrist watch.

Junjin stood up from the chair and cleaned himself a little bit before he said, “I should probably get going then. I don’t want to disturb your meeting in any way.” he flashed a happy smile and walked toward the door.

“Junjin, wait!” The hyung stopped him. “I could really need your help.”

“Really?” Junjin raised eyebrows. “My help?”

Xianyu nodded and asked his friend to come back. “I don’t speak a word of Korean and the representatives don’t talk a word of Chinese, and my English is so-and-so…I was considering getting an interpreter within the company, but I cannot trust anyone else but you.” He explained. “I would pay you.”

Junjin’s ears moved when he heard those words exiting his good friend’s mouth. “You will pay me?” Xianyu nodded. “I would have done it for free, but I appreciate the effort.” Junjin chortled. “Money doesn’t grow in trees.” The hyung laughed loudly too, strode to him and tapped his back, thanking him for helping him. “Can I go change? I look like crap.” Junjin questioned.

“Yes, yes! You can change here. I will go talk to my secretary.” Xianyu left the room and Junjin changed his clothes to something less homeless looking.

 

 

The whole company got ready for the meeting with the Korean representatives. All the workers lined up to the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter