All Hail the New King

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BREAKING: Prince Jongin makes scene at club; drugs and es involved

 

One of the elders cleared his throat before shaking his head and rising from his seat to leave.

“My Queen, we cannot support your son. We don’t think he is fit to rule. This is not the first incident, even when his father was alive he was as good at making a scene and bringing shame to our name.”

Hera’s brow raised, “Bringing shame to our name, huh? Did you ever hear anything from me when news about your mistress got out? I even gave you my support in front of the other elders”

The old man fell silent. Hera smirked and got up.

“All those not willing to support my son in the upcoming meeting of the council should know that even if Joonmyun gets the throne, I will be Queen Mother—I will be the official royal adviser.”

The old men in the room all lowered their head, as they all knew there was no way out of this arrangement.

 

The next morning, both Kai and Suho were called upon by the Council to discuss the succession.

The Council of Elders is split in three, there are elders from the King’s side of the family, there are elders from the Queen’s side, and there are elders from the Aristocrats—families who are not of royal blood but are of a superior rank as well.

Queen Hera knows that her side of the family is definitely going to vote for her son, however she worries about the Aristocrats for they are known to be fickle-minded. They can support you today then file for your dismissal tomorrow.

Hera believes that the Aristocrats are behind the talks on the abolishment of the monarchy because it would only benefit them and no one else. They won’t be stripped off of their title and riches; additionally they would still hold economic power.

 

The Head of the Council is the late King Soohyun’s paternal uncle who served as his royal adviser.

“Thank you all for being present today. As you all may know by now, we are tasked to decide on who is most fitting to rule our country. Prince Joonmyun and Prince Jongin will be undergoing a series of test just as how our ancestors did in the past. As members of the council, it is our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter