Slayin'

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho wakes up at around 4am and realizes he’s in an unfamiliar room. He turns his head to the side and sees Irene’s sleeping figure on the couch.

He quietly makes his way towards her and slowly scoops her up, placing her on the bed where she’s really supposed to be. She looks so peaceful in her sleep. Suho examines her face, noticing every detail about it. He completely tucks her in before leaving and heading to his own chambers.

Irene wakes up at 6am, her body clock still not used to no longer being a palace maid.

She heads outside to walk around and catch some fresh air.

 

Everyone gathered for breakfast that morning, including hungover Kai.

“It’s nice to see you back here, Suzy.” Hera spoke.

“It’s nice to be back, Queen Mother.” Suzy smiled sweetly.

“How was your sleep Seolhyun?” Hera checked up on her.

“It was great, I was very comfortable in my bed.”

“And you my dear, what was your name again?”

“Irene. My name’s Irene, Your Highness.”

“Ahhh right Irene…” Hera examines her as she sat on the table with them.

“Mother, talk softly…” Kai was already annoyed that he had to be present at this family breakfast.

“You shouldn’t have had so much to drink if you can’t handle it, My Prince.” Hera’s voice was louder than before.

Xiumin and Suho snicker like kids as their brother is being scolded in front of the ladies.

“I will be attending some events today so I must get going. You kids stay and eat more, bond and get close or something.”

 

“Irene! Hello, I’m Minseok but you can call me Xiumin.”

Irene bows for respect. “Nice to meet you, Prince Xiumin.”

“Ayee call me Xiumin Oppa, enough with the formalities.”

Suho clears his throat.

“Okay, maybe when we’re not around the elders or whatever.” Irene giggles.

“Can I call you Xiumin Oppa too?” Seolhyun interrupts.

“Sure you can!”

“Just call me Kai.” Kai finally spoke up. Suzy smiles at him but he ignores her.

“So what are you girls up to today?” Xiumin asks.

“I think we’re getting measured up for new hanboks to use for the coronation this morning and after we’re free, Oppa.” Suzy answers.

“Cool, so you guys can watch me beat Kai’s at tennis!”

“What?? That’s today?? No fair, I’m not feeling well.”

“Well, it is today. A bet is a bet, my dear dongsaeng.”

“What did he bet?” Irene asks.

“His car.” Xiumin laughs.

“Aisssh why don’t you just buy the same car?” Kai complains.

“It wouldn’t be as fun as seeing you give up yours.” Xiumin smirks.

Suho finishes his plate, “I’ll see you guys at the game. I have to be at a meeting in a few.”

“Right. King duties.” Xiumin waves his hand as if saying  “go on, do your thing.”

Seolhyun quietly leaves her seat and catches up to Suho.

“My King…” she calls and he turns around.

“Are you meeting with some the governors of the country?”

“Yes, I’m going there now.”

“Is it okay if I join you, I just really miss my father already…” She looks down.

“Uhm, it might be boring for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter