His end is Your beginning

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As if the heavens knew exactly how the entire kingdom is feeling, it begins pouring in Seoul one Sunday morning.

The halls were filled with cries from different people of different ages.

A composed lady shifts her gaze to the people outside the palace walls.

“Look at them. Now is not the time to cry, not when the whole world is looking at us to be strong for them.”

Kai wipes the tears on his cheek following his mother’s words.

“The real battle starts now, My Prince.” She said as she places a strong hold on her son’s arm as they enter the late King’s chambers.

Two grown men can be seen bawling beside their father’s lifeless body.

The Queen clears , “Get up! Get dressed and compose yourself. We have less than 20 minutes until our public appearance.”

The two men who could pass as sobbing teenagers obeyed, sniffling as they leave the room.

She sits beside her late husband’s body, caressing his cheek and gives a light smile. “Go and rest now, my love. I’ll take care of everything here.” She said as she wiped the single tear that escaped.

 

*Press Conference*

“We regret to inform the public of King Soohyun’s passing this morning. The King has led a long difficult fight with cancer and he has now gone to rest with the gods. The Royal Family is asking for your kindness and support during this difficult time. We are allotting 10 minutes for questions from the press.”

“Is the Royal Family threatened due to the current talks on the abolishment of the monarchy?”

The royal family representative was supposed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter