02.

{When I'm With You}
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was awakened by the violent buzzing and ringing of my phone on my nightstand. "Hello?" I answer groggily as I force my ears to cooperate with me this early in the morning. "Noona, it's me?" I sat up and looked around. "Jungkook?" I asked rubbing my sleepy eyes. "Yeah…" his breathing was labored as if there was a weight on his chest. "Are you okay?" I asked clearing the crud that lined my throat to speak better. "Yeah, are you?" he asked I nodded without a word. "That's good…" he gave me a weak and pained laugh. "Will you come visit me?" he asked sniffling. There was a steady beeping in the background that made me feel satisfied and assured me that everything would be okay. "Yeah, I'll bring Taehyung too." I giggle knowing how much he'd like that. "How's he?" Jungkook asked but a chorus of beeping attacked my eardrum before I could even form a proper answer. I looked at the clock it was only 6 am. It was way too early to go and visit. I also had to work, so I wouldn't be there until at least 3ish… unless I called in to my boss. I picked up the phone and dialed a number. After a good 30 second buzz, a man answered. "This is Jeon Minsu…" I smiled at the name. "Dad it's me." I say with a tinge of excitement in my tired voice. "What is it?" He asked rather annoyed all of a sudden. "Jungkook's in the hospital and I need to go up there…?" he sighed deeply as if my request was killing him slowly. "Just punch in before you go, I don't want your mom checking the time sheets and looking at me for answers."  He said hanging up before I could get another word in Ugh those two money heads were made for each other. I chuckle to myself as I went on with my morning routine. I spent a good chunk of time curling my coily hair to look ‘acceptable' for work Soon after I dusted a light natural makeup on, I dressed in the outfit I laid out last night. A blouse with thin vertical black and white stripe and white slacks. It was just fifteen past seven when I had walked out of the door. I hopped in my Audi R8 and inched out of the parking lot attempting to drink my coffee as I made my way to Taehyung's house. Once I was in front of the building I decided to give his line a ring. An obviously sleeping Taehyung answered in a hushed tone. "Hello?" he asked yawning into my ear. "Did you answer just to yawn in my ear?" I joked getting out of the car and heading up to his apartment.
"Doesn't your mom wake you up for school?" I asked knocking on the door. "Aish, noona, hold on." He said I frowned tsking at the boy putting me on hold. I impatiently tapped my toe waiting for him to return to the phone, but instead he opens the door. We both jumped at the sight of each other. His arm was still in the sling and his head was still bandaged, though it was sloppily done. "What are you doing here?" he asked looking around the quiet neighborhood. "I came to take you to see Jungkook." I say tilting my head to look into his apartment. I had never actually been inside and with the lights out and curtains closed the dark apartment wasn't exactly inviti

Please log in to read the full chapter