04.

{When I'm With You}
Please log in to read the full chapter

I laid in bed staring up at the (f/c) ceiling that blocked out most of the golden rays that still managed to snake their way through my curtains. Aside from the tiny bit of light that barely lit up the curtains, the door was cracked letting in a bit of light from the hall. The sound of footsteps echoed in my ear. I didn’t want to move. I was just over 2 months since Jungkook’s death and I seemed to be the only who was actually hurting. Maybe Taehyung was, but I haven’t really spoken to him since we left the hospital that morning. ‘You go ahead, Noona, I’ll find my way home.’ Those were the last words he had spoken to me. Mom and dad seemed busier than ever and maybe that’s a good thing. Unlike me they actually had something helping to keep their minds off the subject. My door slowly creaked open, my teary eyes landed on an awkwardly illuminated figure. “(y/n), these were sent here for you.” Mom said placing a bouquet of flowers that were sitting in a black and red vase. “Thank you.” I whisper turning my attention to the new bundle. “Put them with the others.” I say through a broken voice. She moved through the darkness and placed the vase on my desk beside the 5 others. Making her way over to my bedside her heels could be heard clacking across the wooden floor. “You know your talent show is today...” She said sitting on the edge of my bed and my messy (h/c) lock. I shook my head as she wiped away the tears. “I don’t wanna go.” I sniffle turning away from her. This talent show was something that Jungkook and I were working on at a local middle school down the street from the school. “I’m sure your brother would’ve wanted you to go…” mom said rubbing my back. This was the nicest she’s been since she started working with dad at the family company. It felt fake and made me even more upset and sad. “Fine.” I mumbled just to get her off my case. I turned and looked her in the eye. There was a soft smile on her face as if she had something planned and I didn’t like it. A few silent moments passed before she decided to plant a kiss on my forehead and leave me once again in the cool darkness of my room. I slowly sat up, hearing the click of the front door, I touched the pad of my foot to the icy wooden floor one after the other. Sitting there for a moment as a cool shiver came over me like a window had been left open during a snowstorm.

I push myself off the bed launching my seemingly weightless body halfway across the decent sized room. “Let’s see about these new flowers.” I mutter tiptoeing over to my desk stepping over teddy bears and gifts with condolences and other things of a similar life stuck to them. The flowers wouldn’t be any different. I looked over at the red and black vase noticing the thin white light detailing the glass with barely noticeable swirls. “Cute.” I scoff feeling through the purple hyacinth flowers, dark crimson roses and pink carnations. I was looking for a card or something, but instead I discovered tickets to the school talent show. I shook my head. “Thanks mom…” I say walking over to the closet. I pulled a black ruffle skirt and blue

Please log in to read the full chapter