06.

{When I'm With You}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taehyung and I had our maybe fourth or so round drinks. In all honesty, I had stopped counting after the second round… We stumbled to the karaoke place where we proceeded to sing terribly until the early morning. The music in the room vibrated the probably sound proof walls. A beautiful cascade of rainbow colored strobe lights danced around the room in rhythm with the songs. Taehyung, though noticeably drunk, had an amazing singing voice. There was so much emotion in his voice as he muttered over the words of a song neither of us knew. Chuckling to myself as he tried to rap at the beat drop. The song ended with a slow rap. I jumped up clapping loudly and cheering. Tae took a few bows before passing the mic to me. I couldn’t sing and I wasn’t going to lie to myself for even a drunken second. “You pick the song for me.” I say waving my hand excitedly. I waited as the boy sifted through the song book in search of the perfect song. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure standing off to the side of the room. I brushed it off as my imagination and turned towards the screen because the song was starting. It was a song I knew pretty well, Ailee’s Heaven. I liked Ailee so before starting I apologized to her for butchering the song in the near future. The words to the sentimental song rolled off my tongue so easily. Swaying to the soft tune, I sang as best I could; turning towards Tae to see how he was reaching. There were tears rolling down his pale cheeks. For a moment I was concerned but then I thought about the lyrics. Maybe he just enjoyed the kind of sad song. I thought singing through to the end. I ended with a terrible high note making the two of us laugh. “Let’s go somewhere else!” Taehyung suggested taking me by the hand. I nodded and checked my phone for any missed calls. I had 3 missed calls, 3 voicemail and 4 text messages. All of which were from a number that felt so familiar, but wasn’t saved in my phone. It was just past 11:30 so I wouldn’t be calling or texting them back anytime soon. We took the subway to Seokcheon Lake just before it closed for the night. “Why are we here?” I asked rubbing my arms. The air near the lake was pretty cool and I wasn’t wearing long enough sleeves.

Taehyung removed his jacket, placed it over my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. “I thought this would be the perfect place for a midnight walk…” he said pointing up at the full moon above us. “Yeah it’s nice.” I smiled up at him ignoring the moon completely. It’s hard to believe that a few years ago this boy was barely at my shoulders and now he’s taller than

Please log in to read the full chapter