01.

{When I'm With You}
Please log in to read the full chapter

I stood there blank staring at the fancy tile floor that glistened underneath my feet. My heart was pounding against my ribcage as my arm dropped to my side sending my phone crashing to the ground. Without much hesitation I took off running, quickly and seemingly without an exact destination. My eyes blurred with tears as I struggled to hold back my feelings. Time seemed to be moving past so quickly as I tried to flag down a taxi. In the heat of the moment I forgot I had a car. The people passing by on the street gawked at me as trails of tears flowed down my tan cheeks. Finally, a taxi stopped and I stumbled into the front seat. “I…I…I” I could barely speak through the knot in my throat. “Asan Hospital please.” I choked out wiping the lingering tears from my face. The driver took off and sent me several concerned glances as I cried to myself. “Are you in pain?” he asked as he drove on speeding up slightly. I shook my head. “No, my little brother…” I say through shaky breaths. The driver nodded and continued on in silence. When the taxi had stopped, I fumbled around with my money handing him much more than was actually due. “I hope your brother’s okay…” he called out. I looked back at the driver, he was really handsome. He looked like a model or something… his pale blonde hair and porcelain skin made him look doll like in a way. He drove off with a bright smile. I ran through the door of the hospital and barged up to the front desk. “My brother’s here.” A panicked tone vibrated through my labored breathing. The receptionist passed me some tissues because my eyes were watering. “The name?” she asked raising an eyebrow. “Uh, Jeon Jungkook.” I say still breathing heavily. “He must still be in emergency.” I rush off knowing that she wasn’t finished talking, but I wanted to see him. I turned the corner to see Jungkook’s best friend, Taehyung, sitting in the waiting room. His light brown hair was wrapped up with a white bandage that had a pink tint to it. His arm was in a cast and sling. I rushed up to him looking over him with sad pleading eyes. He was refusing to look at me. “Taehyung…” I cooed as cheery as I could, but even still he refused to look at me. A tear dropped from his eye onto my knuckle. “I’m sorry.” He sobbed gripping my finger gently. “What happened?” I asked, but all he did was repeat his apology. “Is the family of Jeon Jungkook here?” A voice boomed through the silent waiting area startling me to the point of nausea.

My stomach did backflips as I stood up and crept closer to the doctor. He looked at me confused he seemed almost lost in a way. “We’re hoping for the best.” He says looking me directly in the eyes. “What’s wrong with him?” I asked the doctor’s lips parted but before he could speak more questions exploded from my worried lips. “What happened to him?” My voice was now barely above a whisper and my throat dried out waiting for his answers and explanations. “According to him, there was a car accident.” The doctor explained pointing over to Taehyung, who seemed to be sulking. I shook my head in disbelief. “Are you a gir

Please log in to read the full chapter