Detention

Catastrophe

After school, the 5 of them strolled into detention room and handed their slip to the teacher in charge, a balding old man with a beer belly and looks like he want to be anywhere else but a room full of delinquents.

The detention room is almost packed with students in the middle rows: sleeping; doodling; daydreaming; tossing paper balls around. But Biseul noticed, all of them are guys, no girls are there. Don't tell me all the girls here are goody two shoes, she rolled her eyes, its going to be boring.

Soon after they settled down, the door was slammed open and 9 other boys loitered in, alright, full strength right now. Let the party begin. Biseul smirked as she watch a certain doe-eyed boy slam the piece of blue slip down on the teacher's desk, following him were 8 other boys. Said doe-eyed boy scanned the room and smirked as he saw 5 familiar faces occupying the back row, "First day of school and you guys already got into detention? You guys sure are living up to expectations."

Jun sat himself infront of Biseul and turned around so he's facing her, rested his head on his palms and blinked his eyes in mock innocence, "What could the maknaes of our group have done to actually get detention on the first day of school? Even the notorious Woozi stayed out of detention room until 2nd week." Which is true, Woozi is the best fighter in Seventeen despite his height, yet he managed to stay out of detention's way, which is truly amazing for someone like Woozi.

"Nothing big, we got caught eating chips during the old man's speech and," Vernon made air quotations with his hands, "that's considered 'disrespecting' him. After that he lectured us in his office and threatened to inform our guardian, hah, like Kim Jonghyun would do anything. After that, he had the guts to call Jonghyun hyung good-for-nothing, which resulted in Wonwoo almost fighting him. And the next thing we know," Biseul continued for Vernon, "We ended up here."

This story had all of Seventeen cracking up, and Biseul swore that she saw tears in Seokmin's eyes.

"Mr Woo never liked Nu'est nor us, I'm pretty sure we spent more time in this detention room than in class." Joshua chuckled, he is probably the nicest out of all the gangs, he doesn't like hurting others even though he can pack a punch. He doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs and hardly ever parties. No one knows why an innocent guy like him even joined Seventeen. I mean, he spends his weekends doing volunteering works!

"Yah, maknae among the maknae line, what's your subject timetable?" Seokmin asked her, which got the curiousity of the others as well. Biseul is considered the 'brain' of the South gangs. Call her a tactician, a strategist, a fortune teller, whatever. She's the one that plans attacks and tricks others and what not.

Biseul passed her timetable to Seokmin and watched in amusement as his jaw slowly drops in awe.

  7.30 8.00 8.30 9.00 9.30 10.00 10.30 11.00 11.30 12.00 12.30 1.00 1.30 2.00 2.30
Monday Homeroom Pure Chemistry Pure Chemistry Pure Biology Pure Biology Algebra Algebra English English Lunch Lunch Drama Drama Drama Drama
Tuesday Homeroom A.P Calculus A.P Calculus A.P Calculus Pure Physics Pure Physics English Trigonometry Trigonometry Lunch Lunch P.E P.E P.E P.E
Wednesday Homeroom Algebra Algebra A.P Calculus A.P Calculus Trigonometry Trigonometry Geometry Geometry Lunch Lunch Art Art Art Art
Thursday Homeroom Korean Korean Korean English English English Free Free Lunch Lunch Econs Econs Econs Econs
Friday Homeroom Pure Chemistry Pure Chemistry Pure Chemistry Pure Biology Pure Biology Pure Biology Pure Physics Pure Physics dismissal          

Soon, Biseul burst out laughing at Seventeen's astonished faces at her timetable. Call her crazy, but she finds math and science interesting and easy to score.

Seungkwan placed the back of his hands on Biseul's forehead, "Nope, you're not sick. Its time to take you to see a psychiatrist."

Hoshi stared at her and shook his head, "I always knew you were crazy, but not to this extent."

Biseul slapped Seungkwan's hands away and growled at the both of them, "Gosh, just because you're dumb doesn't mean everyone else is."

Just like this, Seventeen and Biseul spent the 2 hours in detention laughing and joking around. What was actually 2 hours seems to be just 15 minutes.

 

Later that night, Biseul, Ren and Jeonghan were patrolling the border of South-East. Ren was standing some distance away from the lamp post, a knife in his hands, ready to strike. Jeonghan was camping behind some bushes and Biseul was on the roof of a shophouse, looking out for anyone up to 2km away with her walkie talkie in hands, just incase anything happened she could contact the rest of Nu'est immediately.

It was a pretty calming night. There is no one out in the streets except for a few clubbers returning home. It was 3am and they were ready to return home to rest as soon as JR, Mingyu and Woozi arrived for their shift to patrol when Biseul suddenly caught sight of 7 men heading their way. She continued to observe them but they are now only 500m away and does not seem to be topping anytime soon. She grabbed a branch from the roof and threw it down right next to Ren, signalling him to be careful. She then pressed the talk button on the walkie talkie, "Seul to JR, Seul to JR."

After a while of static, his voice came over, "Go ahead."

Seul breathed in, "500m ahead in East, 7 men are heading over to border. Send backup now."

"Roger that."

After awhile, JR's voice could be heard again, "JR to S.Coups," and Seungchol's voice could be heard loud and clear, "Go ahead."

"Send 4 men down to South border, now."

"Roger that." And the line went dead again.

By now, Seul is already panicking. Ren had already joined Jeonghan behind the bushes, Seul looked out to the East again and now the 7 masked men are atmost 300m away, Oppa please hurry, jebal.

Seul signalled to Ren and Jeonghan with her fingers a 3-0-0. Ren his lips in frustration, the border had never been crossed since the day they took in Biseul, why are somebody coming over today? Ren looked up and mouthed to Biseul, "Plan C." And Biseul understood immediately.

Plan C: Ren and Jeonghan will attempt to distract the targets until help arrives, but if anything goes wrong and a fight broke out, Seul is to stay where is is until one enemy is vulnerable. Seul will then jump off the roof and hold the vulnerable enemy hostage.

Seul looks out behind her, looks like backup isn't coming anytime soon and the targets are now 50m away from border. She could only pray that neither Jeonghan nor Ren gets hurt.

When the enemies are 10m away from border, Seul lowered herself into a crawling position and put on her masks and pulled her hoodie over and try not ot be seen. Jeonghan and Ren are now coming out of their hiding spots, preparing to confront intruders.

"Whatever weapons you have, put them down now." They're coming closer, 7m now.

"Stop where you are, you are not supposed to cross the border." Not even stopping, 5m now.

"Back off, or there shall be bloodshed." 3m now.

It happened in the blink of an eye and Seul could barely register what happened before the first punch was thrown onto Jeonghan. How she wished she could go down now and fight, but they're following Plan C. She could tell that Ren and Jeonghan were trying their best to fight off the guys but its a 2v7, an unfair fight. But they were stil ltrying to create a opening for Seul to go down. Finally, one kick from Ren and one hooded man was sprawled down on the floor, groaning in pain. Ren made eye contact with Seul and she knew that this was her signal to get down.

Swiftly, Seul landed on the ground next to the fallen enemy and hoisted him up, before he could register what happened, Seul already have a dagger held tightly against his neck. Calmly, she spoke in a commanding tone, "Stop now, drop your weapons." The enemy were hesistating, they didn't even notice Seul there and now she has one of their members life on her hands. One of them stepped forward with his fist raised, but stopped as their leader raised his hands. The leader never once broke eye contacts with Seul as he signalled for s to drop their weapons.

Clink, clank, clank.

Knives were being dropped onto the ground, and even one shotgun was released. These guys meant business.

Jeonghan straightened himself, "What's your motive of coming here tonight?"

One guy scoffed, "I'm pretty sure you know what."

Jeonghan furrowed his eyebrows, what was he talking about? All these years, Seventeen and Nu'est had been keeping it down low, they did not interfere in any gang matters.

"Don't play dumb with us, last thursday at 16:38, our network was broken into. The IP tracked right back to the South. Other than you guys, who could it be? Furthermore, later that night, there was a shooting at downtown area. Stop denying that you guys are the culprits."

Even Seul was confused, yes, the network was broken into by them, but the shooting wasn't. Someone was trying to sabotage them. She loosened her grip on her hostage as she tried to solve the mystery puzzle, who would do that?

Her one moment of mistake turned the tables around, soon, she was the one held against the enemy's chest, his hands had her in a chokehold, and his huskky voice whispered into her ears, "Now, its our turn for interrogation."


Its 1am and I'm dying of exhaustion, goodnight guys and hope you enjoyed this chapter.