3 Years Ago

Catastrophe

"Run ,don't let her get away!" Bi Seul closed her eyes and focused on running away from the men chasing her tails. Dear lord, please don't let them catch me. She kept running and did not take notice of her surroundings. All she wanted to do is to get away from those men and stay alive. All of a sudden, the footsteps behind her stopped completely. She turned around, the men were standing behind the lamp posts, hesitating.

"Hyung, should we just go over? They're not here anyways."

"No, we can't. There is an unspoken rule. If we broke it, who knows what could've happened?"

"But hyung she's right there!"

After a short argument, the men finally left her behind. Bi Seul panted in exhaustion, she toppled over onto her knees and gasped for breath, who knew a 12 year old could run this much? She barely escaped, she almost got taken away for trafficking. Crazy bastards, who knew that they would be afraid of a damn lamp post?

A shadow was cast over her, and Seul faced up and saw this pretty girl starring at her curiously, behind her stood 4 other boys.

"Alpha Junior High uniform. That's in the East. They broke the rule, this kid came over the border." Says the girl.

Border? What border?

"Yah kid, who are you under? What are you doing here? Who sent you here? What do you want? What's your motive." Asked a guy with eyeliner and a fierce face.

Bi Seul surveyed all 5 of them, they can't be older than 15. And what's the guy's meaning behind those questions?

"Yah hyung, go easy on her, she looks terrified." Says the girl, rolling her eyes. Wait, hyung?!

"Unnie... Why... Are you calling... This oppa... Hyung?" This question from Bi Seul had all 4 boys infront of her laughing with tears coming out of their eyes and clutching their stomach in pain.

"WHAT UNNIE? I'M A GUY." Oh, . Of course Bi Seul wouldn't had realised that. He had beautiful blonde hair and pretty features, anyone would've thought he was a female.

"I'm... I'm sorry, I didn't realize."

"Hyung, I like this kid already! My name's Baek ho, and that girl's Ren. This scary eyeliner guy is JR. That handsome oppa is Minhyun and this is Aron! What's your name?"

"Bi Seul, Kang Bi Seul. Annyeonghaseyo."

"Bi Seul-ya, what are you doing here? It's late at night, your family would be worried." JR said.

"I was chased by some men earlier on. And my family... I never met them. I grew up in an orphanage."

JR looked at the girl, whose eyes were filled with innocence of a child, her long brown hair were messy from the chase. JR turned to look at the rest of Nu'est, who also felt the same feelings of sympathy for this young child. Except for Ren's who still felt a tiny bit angered at the thought of being called a girl by this young child.

"Bi Seul, move in with us." JR finally said after a minute of silence, "Unless you want to go back to that orphanage. If not, we can raise you as our own sister."

"What?" Bi Seul stared at him shockingly, is she supposed to follow that stranger home? What about her friends back there? But... The men from earlier on may still be there, waiting for her.

"I... I don't know." Bi Seul finally answered, this is the first time a stranger offered her kindness, what if its a trap?

"Just come with us first, its late at night. Furthermore, the people who were chasing you may still be around."

Makes sense, I'll just stay with them for the night and return to the orphanage tomorrow. "Alright, but I will return to the orphanage tomorrow."

"Right, whatever. Come on."

 

That night at Nu'est hideout, Bi Seul couldn't sleep. She was thinking about her friends, "Oppa, would you be angry if I stay here forever? I will visit you guys, but... I really like these people." She stared at her friendship band on her wrists. Its pink and blue, with 8 black beads on it, representing her and 7 of her bestfriends.

Soon enough, Bi Seul fell asleep on the soft bed, her wrist with the friendship band right beside her head.

Shortly after she slept, Minhyun walked past her room and decided to check on her. He glanced down at her sleeping face and chuckled, idiot, do you even know who we are? Why would you agree to sleep in a stranger's house? This child would have alot of problems when she grew up. Minhyun covered her with the blanket before returning to his room.\

But in the kitchen, there's an argument going on about Bi Seul...

"Yah, JR, are you sure you want to keep this girl with us? She can't be of any help for us." Ren's voice came from the kitchen, sounding pissed.

"We can always train her. Those guys after her were traffickers, if she were to go back to the East, she won't be safe. They're waiting for her."

"What makes you sure that she would even agree? You don't even know her, JR, she's a complete stranger to us!"

"Ren, go to sleep, its late."

After that, Ren stormed angrily to his room. He didn't want to drag an innocent child to their violent world, but JR just won't listen. Kang Bi Seul, goodluck to you.

 

The next morning, Bi Seul woke up to the sun shining on her face. She groaned and turned away from the sun before stretching and finally getting out of bed. She bit her lips remembering last night. Should she return or should she stay? The East is the most dangerous part of Goyang, but, she don't even know a single guy in this house! Not to say, her friends are all back at the East, waiting for her.

"Oh, you're awake." Bi Seul felt the bed sink down next to her and turned her head up to see who's the intruder.

"JR... Right? Good morning."

"Call me oppa, and good morning."

"JR oppa..."

"Bi Seul, what's your decision?"

"I think... I want to stay here. Where I was from... Its dangerous..."

JR knows himself how dangerous the East is. The most powerful gangs are all there. The South is most probably the safest area right now. Nu'est is the only gang in the South, and they're not much threat to the others.

"Bi Seul, I have to tell you a few things. Promise me you'll listen to me to the end, before deciding?"

"Alright."

"Firstly, we're in a gang. More specifically, a gang called Nu'est. Yesterday, you were at the border of South-East. This is why those men didn't come over, they're not supposed to. Don't be scared of us though, we don't hurt people like those in the other parts. We're the only gang here in the South. And if you were to join us, you can't go back to the East, those people will kill you."

"I... I can't go back?"

"Just passing the border is already a death sentence, they won't show mercy on kids."

"What about my friends..."

"If its meant to be, you'll see them again, in the future."

"Can I join?"

"Join what?"

"Nu'est."

JR was shocked, out of everything he predicted she would say, he didn't expect her to ask to join Nu'est.

"Why?"

"I want to help you guys, and... I don't want to be weak and bullied anymore."

JR sighed, "Alright alright, so you're staying here?"

"YES! Thank you oppa!" Bi Seul hugged JR tightly, oppa, mianhae, I'm not going back.


So... This the first chapter, please do tell me what you think of it! And thank you for subscribing! <3