Just let me be selfish

Slumber Party (BTS Suga X Reader)

You shivered, burying your face deeper into your pillow (aka Hoseok). You clenched your toes and shuffled. Man, were your feet cold.

You swore they had their own warm pillow to bury into (aka Yoongi’s stomach) and it hadn’t been this chilly earlier, your brows furrowed as you tried to cling onto the remaining seconds of sleep before a strong shiver forced you to, begrudgingly, open your eyes. You groaned knowing that you probably couldn’t get back to sleep now, damn Yoongi wondering off and leaving you with cold feet. Looking up from Hobie’s chest, you noticed that the door to the apartment was ajar, allowing the cool-night air to creep into the living room where you all were sleeping. At the back of your mind, you connected the dots as you looked from your cold feet to the open door.

Yoongi was a fricking -hole.

How dare he interrupt your sleep? You could have caught a cold, or a burglar could have come and stolen all of your signed EXO and SHINEE albums! Sure, stuff might have happened to the others too but they were big boys, they can look after their own albums.

You sat up, rubbing your eyes angrily and cursing the rapper as you did so. As you stood up, you spotted Suga’s jacket on the arm of the sofa and stole it, smirking to yourself at the petty excuse of revenge. You stumbled blearily over to the door and went to close it but something made you stop and wonder why the door wasn’t closed and his jacket left behind. You looked up and sighed before slipping on your shoes.

***

Why is life so ing complicated?

Suga tugged at his hair and fell back against one of the vending machines outside of the dorm. He doesn’t do these feelings and especially do this loving strong liking thing. It wasn’t his style to quote the amazing singer-rapper-actor-model Kris Wu, and it wasn’t supposed to happen so quickly... right?

Didn’t it happen quickly?

He groaned as he hit his head off the innocent machine in his frustration, watching the cloud of steam float out of his mouth and into the cold night air. “, I forgot my jacket…” he cursed at himself as he buried his hands into his pockets, willing himself not to give in to the shivers that were threatening to run through his bare arms.

He vaguely remembered leaving the door open and how your feet had been bare (and ing sharp) against his stomach and allowed his eyes to wander towards the entrance to the apartment complex before clearing his throat and mind of all the (pointless) guilt that had found itself there. You were a big girl, you could just get up and close the door or fight off the burglars trying to take your eleven signed EXO and SHINEE albums that he totally hadn’t noticed the one time he was allowed in your room. He forced his eyes to look back into the sky; “Anyway,” he muttered,” if in doubt, I’m sure your ‘Baby’ with swoop to the rescue.” The taste in his mouth was bitter and his eyes stung from not blinking for so long or the dust in the clean night air, definitely not from the tears of defeat that were quickly building up.

Yoongi took his quivering lip in-between his teeth and looked down at the cold pavement, allowing his fringe to drape over his eyes.

“You were too late, you oblivious idiot.” He sniffed as he watched his frustration fall from his eyes onto the floor.

“Yah! tard!”

***

You yanked the zip up on Suga’s your jacket and raised your shoulders up to your ears as you watched the automatic doors open. The cool breeze made you yelp and shove your hands deeper in the jacket pockets, cursing Suga more and more with every passing second until you felt some coins in the deepest part of the coat. The smirk returned.

Whistling a happy tune, you forgot about finding the idiot rapper and went to find the vending machines to spend all his money. However, your tune died when you got to the boxes of glory and saw the owner of the jacket and the money you were going to spend leaning up against the front of them, head low and hands shoved deep in his pockets.

, what if he wanted his money back? What if he stole that Marsbar that was hanging precariously off the hook and could clearly drop if you kick the machine in just the right place?

As if you were going to let that happen! With eyes on fire, you strode up to the hunched figure guarding the only path to your treasure,

“Yah! tard!”

***

Yoongi seemed to freeze for a moment, even the chills that ran through his body halted when he heard your voice; eyes widening, he struggled to think of something, anything to say but drew a blank. He decided that if he stayed still long enough, maybe you’d disappear, but, to his disappointment, you remained standing in front of him, hands on hips and eyes searching for his own. He kept his eyes firmly on the ground, only moving his hand out of his pocket to hastily run his hand across his face, making it seem as though he was only rubbing his nose, not his damp cheeks.

You spoke again,” You’re in the way you know.” After a second hesitation, Suga looked up at you, half full of confusions and half full of something else.

“Well,” he said,” You’re in my jacket.” His voice was hoarse and sad but you put it down to the cold, you huffed, recognising the fact you had been pushed into a corner, you thought before coming up with a compromise,” Fine, if you move out of the way, I will give you your jacket back.”

Suga chuckled but stepped aside, turning to look into the box of treats. While you were trying to wrestle yourself out of the coat while holding onto the money, you heard a metallic bang and a dull thump, you looked up to see Yoongi with the infamous free Mars bar in his teeth, smirking at you through his hair. You huffed out in frustration but went and bought another one anyway, deciding that you were angry at the man for stealing both your warmth and your potential chocolate bar and so bought the most expensive sweet you could. You shivered as you handed him the big coat, he took it happily, relishing in its warmth and the look on your face as you realised what a bad mistake you had made.

You felt your teeth chatter and you glared up from the chocolate,” You are such a jerk,” you said,” you left the door open and my feet got cold, a robber could have come-!”

“Well did one come in?” He asked, cutting off your rant,” No! So I can’t be that bad, I’m not your own personal heater but if you’re gonna whine about it,” suddenly it went dark as he threw the jacket which landed on your head,” here, he said that he didn’t want you killing yourself anyway, might as well listen to him,” he bit out before turning to walk off.

You took the jacket off your head slowly, head whirring as you put your hands in the padded sleeves, you looked at his retreating back for a second before blurting out,” Who?”

Yoongi stopped and looked up, debating whether or not he had it in him to explain, whether he could handle being hurt more. In the end, he said,” He called again last night, seems a… pretty c-cool guy,” he willed himself to keep it together, closing his eyes at the slight stutter, he couldn’t look like an idiot and get rejected at the same time,

“You guys are really good at this long-distance thing aren’t you,” he smiled bitterly, but deep down, he was slightly content that you were happy,” I’m glad he keeps you happy, he clearly likes you a lot.” He went to walk off again but heard your voice again,

“Wait, who on earth are you talking about?”

He felt like you were mocking him, torturing him to get a reaction. Fine then. He turned to face you,

“’Baby’, your loving boyfriend who calls every week and keeps you up all night on Skype, ring any bells?” he sat on one of the steps in front of the vending machines and looked out to survey the quiet road and the amber lights of the city. Your eyebrows knit together for a moment before you opened your mouth in understanding.

“Ah! Him.”

“Yeah him. How do you forget your boyfriend? You call each other all the time.”

“’Baby’?”

“Yeah.”

“Tall-ish, good smile, idiot face?”

“….yeah… sure.”

“My younger brother?”

“Yea- what?” Yoongi’s head snapped up to look at you, his eyes wide and pink, searching for a snippet of lies or humour in your own amused look.

“But.. ‘Baby’-“

“Is because he is the baby of the family, he calls me Mama Bear.”

“…He doesn’t look young.”

“He’s only a year younger than me and he works out so I suppose he looks older.”

“So I’m not too late?”

“Anyway, how do you know about- what?”

“I’m not too late.”

“What does that even-“ Before you could even finish he was up and you were in his arms, his head resting on your shoulders.

“W-what are you doing?”

“Sharing warmth, this is my jacket after all.”

“Ah… ok.” You smiled a little at the feeling of his arms wrapped snugly against your waist and the weight of his head on your shoulder.

“So how long have you been stalking my Skype?” You asked, amused glint in your eye.

“Hmmmm,” You felt the vibrations in your shoulder,” not long, I just saw his name a couple times on your screen when you were knocked out in the studio and there was this one time when I confiscated it from the other kids… he called today as well but yeah, that’s it.”

“Ah! I see,” You thought back to all of the times you had woken up to see Yoongi standing above you, looking mildly shocked at being caught and chuckled,” You weren’t… jealous by any chance?” you said, wiggling your eyebrows suggestively.

Unlike Yoongi, you weren’t completely oblivious. You had an inkling as to why he stuck so close all the time, was always the last out, knew your favourite place to get hot chocolates and not to wake you from sleeping. Sure, all the boys knew a lot about you, you all worked together on an almost daily basis after-all. You saw each other drenched in sweat and out of breath, stressed as you were pushed to the limit but you also saw each other made up for the red carpet and celebrated together whenever there was a big win. You were a family now; however, you had to admit your soft spot for the rapper.

It scared you at first when you caught yourself halting outside his studio every time you walked past, listening out to see if he was practicing, you even went to knock a couple of times when you heard sighs of frustration through the door but you never did. The feelings you got about him were never confirmed and he never made a move so you brushed it off and continued the professional relationship and that was the way you thought it would stay until the end, but now, with the feeling of his warm breath against your shoulder and his arms wrapped tightly around your waist, you allowed yourself to feel them again.

“Jealous?” The muffled voice came again, you heard Yoongi sniff quietly before he raised his head so his eyes met yours, you readied yourself for a sarcastic comment, something that would make it seem as though none of this had happened,

“Yes.” He said it quietly and the look in his eyes made it seem as though he only just realised it himself. For once in your life you were lost for words, you didn’t expect that response at all, if anything, you expected him to say,” I’m only joking,” any second now, but the seconds passed and nothing else was said.

The seconds evaporated away and you soon became very aware of how close your faces were, you allowed yourself to glance down at his lips before averting your eyes further to the floor. Just as you did, you felt the comforting hands loosen on your waist and begin to fall away.

“Who am I kidding?” You heard the gruff voice say from above you,” It’s late, your cold, let’s go inside already.”

He turned, actually turned away, arguing internally about what would be best for you, especially as the group gets more and more popular, how you may move on to other work, how he stays up all night working and would be the worst person for romance and anything ‘lovey-dovey’. He can’t be selfish like that and ruin both of your friendships and careers.

You clenched you fist but reached out after a brief second, cursing yourself for hesitating, you grabbed Yoongi’s arm,

“You idiot.”

You launched forward slightly, knocking him a little off balance and your lips connected, your other hand reaching up to grab his shirt and he took a step back to steady himself, eyes wide in shock.

it, just let me be selfish, just this once. Was the last thing he thought as he closed his eyes and wrapped his arms back around your waist, vaguely noticing how they seemed to fit perfectly there.

****

She's back! Sorry for the wait my dears but my last exam of the year was yesterday so you can't say that I have left it too long.... *nervously laughs*

Thank you for all the support so far, this Fanfic has had so many views and so much love! I did not expect this at all so thank you.

There may be a couple more chapters before the end but I don't want this to actually end haha.

Until next time.