"Baby"

Slumber Party (BTS Suga X Reader)

As soon as you all made it through the door, you each collapsed on the nearest available surface; while five of you squeezed onto the sofa, one fell head-first onto a bean-bag, another sat heavily on the coffee table while the last settled for the cool wooden floor the apartment offered.

Collectively, you all let out a sigh of relief and closed your eyes, finally relaxing.

Promotions were over. The huge concert was a booming success. There was no crippling choreography to create or learn, no deep baselines to fry your brains, no camera people sticking their devices in your faces. No schedule.

Well… for at least another week.

Then it starts again, another album, another concept, choreo, costumes-

Oh yeah. You are supposed to be submitting the next concept’s designs to the head designer in a couple of days. It appears some work is never finished. You groaned low in your throat, begrudgingly opening your eyes. You limply waved your arms about before finding purchase on the back of the sofa and the back of Jin’s shoulder, bracing yourself before lifting off, mumbling about swatches and colour wheels under your breath. The eldest member hardly noticed the added weight on his shoulder but did notice your absence from his side, his eyes followed your figure as you stumbled, dazed, past Jimin on the coffee table and over Namjoon’s legs to you bag, dropped carelessly by the front door.

You rummaged around your bag, pulling out your laptop and notebook, before swinging around and retracing your journey to fall back down and land next to Jin. By now, the entire room had noticed your movements and were looking at you in tired confusion. You reached forward and nudged Jimin off the table, leaving him to sit on Taehyung’s back so the bean-bag held the two of them.

You opened your placed your laptop where Jimin had previously been sat and logged on, flicking through your notebook while you waited for the screen to load. The BTS members were still looking at you in silence, unsure of what to do or whether to stop you.

The screen lit up and you opened up a document full of illustrations and annotations in a font too small to comprehend, by now you were in a working mode. You pulled out a pen from your hair and began writing in your notebook (which was also full of sketches and material swatches) the white-light of the screen lit up your face, highlighting the lines in-between your brows and the deep shadows under your eyes. You tapped your lip with the pen in your hand a few times before clicking to open a new tab.

“Noona.” The quiet, tired word from the Maknae was brushed off before it reached your ears as you clicked on the first result on the page,

“Noona, it’s late.” The call from Jungkook was more determined and on edge at being ignored, your eyes narrowed slightly and your fingers seemed to pause over the keyboard, sparking hope in the member’s eyes before you began writing once more, leading to Jimin to sigh in exasperation in the background,

“It’s really late, you need to rest now Y/n.” The soft voice of Jin drifted to your ears, you hardly heard him though.

By this time, Yoongi, who had been dozing (quite happily) before your movements woke him up, had raised himself from Kookie’s lap and mad his way quietly around the coffee table until he was facing you,

“Hey Namjoon Oppa,” you spoke for the first time, the aforementioned didn’t answer, instead, he looked at the standing rapper and nodded slightly,” Do you think this theme works wi-“

Before you had finished your sentence, Yoongi had slammed down your laptop screen, causing you to jump slightly and grip your pen so tight it could snap, you didn’t look up though. You shook yourself off and reached forward to open your screen again, only to have it pushed down by Jungkook. This time you looked.

“Jungkook. Please let go.”

The tired eyes of the Maknae stayed determined as he made no move to let go of the screen.

“Noona, it’s late. We’ve finished for now.” You met his eyes with a glare and his pupils trembled but in the end, he didn’t budge, you sighed,

“You may be finished, but I’m not. I’ve still got to hand in loads of work for the next concept. If I do most of it now, it won’t be so stressful later.” You held the gaze of the youngest member before giving up, instead, you went to write in your book only to see that it was no longer in your lap and now in the hands of Suga.

“Then why don’t you just not do it?”

Your eyebrows furrowed even further at the words of the blond rapper,” What?”

“Just don’t do this costume design .” Your teeth clenched in anger,

“I just happen to enjoy doing this ‘costume design ’ Yoongi! I applied to do it, and I don’t go back on what I’d said I’d do.”

“Well it’s clearly difficult to be a choreographer and designer at the same time! Just drop it already.”

“Are you saying I’m incapable of doing both?!” You asked, fists tight, Namjoon jumped in before Suga said something stupid,

“No Y/n! He didn’t mean it like that at all.” He interjected raising a hand to stop the other rapper from interrupting him,

” We just know that you’ve been stressed enough as it is being an amazing choreographer, you’ve put in so many hours and it would kill you to add designing on top of that.”

You felt a hand on your back and you turned to look at Hoseok,” You’ve worked just as hard as we have, sometimes harder. Just rest now ok?”

“But I want to, I want my ideas to get out there, I want to help you guys succeed. You all work so hard, I do a fraction of what you guys do Hobie.” You say back to the man beside you,

“I cannot begin to imagine how long you have worked towards one goal. Me doing this extra thing for you guys is nothing in comparison. Plus, this isn’t the first time I’ve done multiple jobs, I mean, at SM I did security as well as design. I’m used to it.”

“Yeah but that doesn’t make it healthy.” Yoongi said, voice low, you went to protest but he carried on,

“Nearly every day you are the last to leave the building, we’ve even gone back to get things late at night from the studio and we still find you there. You’re always the first one in the studio, regardless of how early we wake up and although you always seem chipper, that extra shot of coffee is only going to keep you going for so long.”

He leant over the table so he was face to face with you,

“Now, I ain’t no health specialist but I know that this,” he held up your notebook,” is not gonna help in the slightest, even if it is your most favourite job in the world.”

“We have loads of designers Y/n. To be honest we can afford to hire more now that the company has more money being pumped into it.” Jin spoke up,” If you want your ideas to be seen, just put your whole heart into choreographing, you can always give ideas to the designers if you have free time.”

“Yeah Noona,” Taehyung groaned from beneath Jimin,” It’s not just about us. Work for you and you alone. BTS is more than just the seven of us.”

You were quiet. You didn’t know what to do; you loved designing and creating but taking this larger role in choreography was putting pressure on you, you wanted the best for the boys. No one wanted a crappy choreographer or choreography and you understood that so all the designing work had been left for the weekends and early mornings, admittedly affecting the final outcome of your work.

“So what are you gonna do?” Namjoon’s deeper voice cut through your thoughts and you looked up from your hands, mulling over the question for a few moments, leaving the room full of bated breath,

“I’ll think about it.” You muttered, almost at a whisper but they heard; Hobie pulled you in for a hug and you found yourself laughing into his chest at how light you felt. It was brilliant.

“We should watch a movie on this since Namjoon-hyung broke the TV……. Again.” Jimin took your laptop from the youngest’s hands and put it back in front of you to unlock. You let go of Hoseok and typed in your password,

“Is your password seriously JONG1NSUCKS&TA3M1NRULZ93?” J-Hope asked from over your shoulder with a raised eyebrow,

“Well not anymore,” you moaned, scowling at him,” Taemin changed it ages ago and I haven’t bothered to make another one. Now, thanks to you, I’ve got to come up with a new one.” Jungkook gasped and covered his mouth,

“Noona! Do you have racy stuff on your laptop?!” You grabbed a cushion and threw one at him and a couple more at the 95 liners who were giggling, you turned back to look at the screen which was displaying your work from earlier, you paused for a moment, biting your lip before pressing the red cross at the top-right of the screen, ignoring the soft smiles of the boys around you.

“I’ll go get some popcorn,” Jin piped up and left for the kitchen, Namjoon tailing him; Suga took the opportunity and stole eldest’s previous seat next to you. When Jin returned with popcorn and drinks in tow, he raised his eyebrow but the rapper shrugged and stated,

” Move your feet, lose your seat.” You chuckled and settled back to watch the film.

“Noona, you didn’t answer my question.” The curious boys piped up again, shielding their faces from the pillow avalanche directed at them.

***

 

They had all fallen asleep at some point during the film; Jimin had ended his torture towards V and was now lying next to him snugly on the beanbag instead on top of him. RapMon and Jin were leaning against each other with their backs against the front of the sofa, Jungkook had found himself upside-down on the couch but had somehow made it comfortable enough to snooze. You had your head against Jhope’s chest and your feet curled up on Yoongi’s lap, breathing evenly in time with everyone else, occasionally shifting your legs slightly to get more comfortable.

You had all really grown close over the months.

After one of your more determined kicks, Yoongi’s eyes shot open as he stifled a groan, he reached down to slowly remove your feet from his abdomen, stopping a few times when it seemed that you might wake up, while he waited for the pain to subside, he rubbed his stomach and surveyed the scene in front of him, smiling a little. It always made him feel happy but sad when promotion was over.

He noticed the laptop’s bright screen still rolling the credits on the table in front of him, he tutted at the wasted energy and reached forward to close the lid when the image changed to the Skype icon with a familiar name glaring up at him.

Now there was one of two things that he could do:

1) Close the laptop down- Y/n was asleep and this had nothing to do with him. His investigation into “Baby” would just have to wait for another day.
2) Answer the call and find out a little about the person, he wouldn’t even have to talk to them, just see their face for a second before closing down the program.

Before he could properly decide, the Skype ringtone started blaring at full volume throughout the room and Yoongi panicked and did the first thing that came to his mind.

He pressed the ‘Answer’ button.

In the split second of sweet silence that followed, Suga paused, listening out for a sign that anyone had woken up….Nothing… He let out his breath and turned his attention back to the screen, there seemed to be a little bit of lag so he took the time and precaution to cover the web-cam with his thumb as he glared at the screen, waiting for the image to come into focus.

He found himself holding his breath.

After what seemed like an eternity, the pixels on the dim glaring screen merged to show a man, around Y/n’s age, sitting comfortably, looking at Yoongi with a smile on his face. Except it wasn’t Yoongi he wanted to look at but Y/n and the only thing separating him from that was Suga’s thumb pressed over the Webcam.

He was handsome, well built and seemed comfortable with talking to the choreographer, he had a towel draped over his shoulder and his hair was limp over his forehead with water. Yoongi looked at the screen with a dark glint in his eye, he turned the volume down to a minimum and listened carefully as the man’s face became confused and he began calling out for the person he rang for.

“Y/n?” it was informal and sweet the way he said it and at the lack of reply, the crease in the guy’s forehead deepened. Surely this was enough? He knew who it was now. Case closed, and so should the laptop be but the rapper just looked on and analysed the screen, wrestling with himself about what this all meant. So this was Y/n’s boyfriend who she maintains a long distance relationship with.

That’s it. That’s fine.

But something ached deep down in Yoongi’s chest that wouldn’t budge at the idea. It hurt him and finally he allowed himself to wonder why; he looked down at you, taking you all in curled up on both himself and Hoseok. He noticed with a small smile that you didn’t look stressed anymore but the shadows under your lashes still lingered and his mouth went into a line. Maybe it was because of ‘Baby’ keeping her up all night… but thinking back, it could be the practising, the late-night meetings and early morning sessions.

He felt guilty, disgusted at himself for never really trying to stop you or make you sleep, for not noticing how exhausted you were. He- they all cared so much about you that seeing that shadow hurt him.

Then it finally hit him. He really did care about you; probably too much because seeing this guy on the screen made his chest burn and his head pound.

He…

He liked you.

Like actually.

Thinking back, this had been coming for a while, all the lingering glances, looking out for each other. That time where he nearly got into a fight because he thought someone was trying to kiss you, he cringed but smiled a little at how dumb he had been for so long (something he hated to admit) he had been so oblivious to his own feelings and now this realisation just hit him like a freakin’ truck.

“Gosh, you must’ve fallen asleep again huh?” The deep voice piped up again, pulling Suga’s focus back to the screen,

” You need to slow down ok? I know you love those guys and all but you can’t kill yourself just to make their lives a little easier. Sleep well.

I love you, you know.”

With that, the screen darkened as the guy finished his message and ended the call. Yoongi continued staring at the black, debating what to do with those last words. It can’t be platonic can it?

He growled low in his throat and fisted his hands in his hair in frustration at how unfair it was. He liked her but he can’t have her because she had someone else and he would never do anything to hurt you, even if it left him alone.

He slowly and gently removed your legs from his before finally slamming down the lid, he didn’t blink at the harsh sound, he just got up and left the dorm.

He needed some air.

***

A/N

I wasn't going to continue updating on AF because of the lack of views and responses but I suppose that isn't fair when I have been updating on A03. Sorry about that haha.

Don't hate me! I know it's been ages and the last thing you want is a cliff hanger but I had been debating for ages whether to carry this chapter on or just put this one up now and finish in the next couple of chapters.

Do not worry. It will happen, just give me time.

Love you and thanks for all the support.