Of Winding Corridors and Old Friends

Slumber Party (BTS Suga X Reader)

The van was full of energy. V was manically dancing in the front seat to his favourite song, Jimin and Jungkook were seeing how high they could go (Jungkook now with protruding veins in his neck and Jimin effortlessly hitting earth -shattering pitches), Jin was laughing at them in the background, Namjoon was rapping along to some random song under his breath and Hoseok was trying to play a memory game with Yoongi who was just ignoring him by looking out of the window. You were sat in the back next to Jin , sharing headphones, smiling slightly as you looked at the group of men in front of you. 

You, the Choreographer and the rest of the guys were heading to the venue of a show with some of the biggest names in the industry performing that night. You had only had the brief that morning and had called some of your friends straight away after finding out  the line-up. To say you were pumped would be an understatement. You were in a great mood, you were proud that the boys had gotten so far but also for other reasons, the others had noticed your heightened mood and put it to the extra shot of coffee you had that morning.

Only Yoongi knew that you were up late again talking to "Baby." 

He hadn't been meddling (per-se) he hadn't even see you or hear you; he had just seen your tablet on one of the reception sofas (you had left earlier to make a call to some friends apparently). The screen was and any one of the kids could have taken it to mess with it at any time, so he decided to do you a favour by taking it out of harms way. He saw the Skype icon blinking up at him and before he could think about what he was doing, pressed it. The screen read:

Call with Baby ended 01:23 am - Duration- 2hrs 46mins.

There wasn't a profile picture or anything, no information in the profile, or other friends like that on your list. His eye twitched slightly but he quickly pressed the home button to send the tablet back to the original page, just as you came back. He handed you the tablet and muttered the reason he had it, watching your confusion turn into amusement and your eyes turn into crescents as you chuckled and thanked him. He had nodded and walked away, mind still whirring.

It was still whirring as he watched the landscape fly by from inside the loud car.

***

"Not long now guys." Choreo-nim said from the front of the van and the atmosphere suddenly became serious. Suga had somewhat snapped out of his daze and began lines-bashing with Hobie the vocalists were doing a big warm-up (Jimins's leg bouncing with the nerves slightly) RapMon was talking through changes with the choreographer to make sure everything would run smoothly, the music in the background cutting through the atmosphere like warm butter.  Jin turned to you,

"Y/n-ah.." You looked up at him," Do you think..... we're ready for this? I-I mean, this is one of the biggest things we've done-"

"Will you try your hardest?" You interrupted him without your face changing at all,

"Y-Yeah! Of course! For us and ARMY's." His eyes hardened with determination, you smiled widely,

"Then you are more than ready." You looked around the van where the others had stopped what you are doing to listen in, the youngest's eyes showing most of the the nerves that everyone else must be feeling,

"I mean it you guys," You said rummaging around Jungkook's bag,

"You have worked really hard. You now the dance off the backs of your hands, there are hundreds of ARMY's there who love and support you and you are great!" You found what you were looking for, a toothbrush and toothpaste that the Maknae always keeps with him (he always ended up brushing his teeth to ease his nerves) he took it with a quiet "Thank you," flashing one of his cute smiles, you returned it before turning back to the rest of the van,

"DON'T EFF THIS UP! YA HEAR ME?!"

After a second of silence, a chorus of " Yeah's"" and "Fighting's!" flew back at you and you sat back smiling, satisfied.

You had learnt so much about each other over the months and had become really close as friends: 

Jhope had taken to brainstorming choreo ideas over the phone at random points of the day (or night) but you didn't mind, you were also the only one he trusted not to poke his eye out when putting in contacts. 

Jungkook had been scared of you at first (like he is with all girls) but as soon as you mentioned pranking Jimin, you had become partners in crime, Hoseok and Jimin also joined the two of you when you got bored and decided to learn a random girl group dance. You also looked out for him at times like these and had to keep reminding yourself how young he was.

Namjoon constantly practised English with you, he asked for the meaning of certain song lyrics that he liked and used the language to slip random jokes to you at random times in your native language, successfully making it seam as if you were laughing for no apparent reason in the eyes if the others. 

Taehyung was the one who pulled you in first and was now an equivalent to a younger brother to you, along with Jungkook and Jimin (even though he still didn't call you Noona because "You aren't Korean so it doesn't count!"), he also had a similar taste in music as you did and most of his Dubsmash videos now contained you in the background or up front next to him.

Jimin is an adorable cinnamon roll who tries to be cool. You called him out straight away by cuddling him at random points of the day whenever he seemed stressed or too serious about nothing at all, it wasn't professional but you didn't care. You constantly pushed him to try and expand his gymnast skills while keeping healthy and eating properly, he realised that, after the amount of times you had asked if he had eaten, he wouldn't escape your cold eagle stare and now never missed a meal.  

 You challenged Jin to an eating contest one time and the two of you became close after that. 

 Suga and you had never really seen eye-to-eye, mainly because you were so similar, but after the late nights and random talks, he held a special place in your heart. You didn't really understand why you acted as you did when you were alone with him but you appreciated him as a person, rapper, producer and member of the group. The two of you had a kind of weird bond that always led to you always calling into his studio at the end of the day to make sure he wasn't working too hard without breaks and him always turning up just as you finished editing to walk you home. It was a strange system but you weren't complaining.

In response, all the boys now knew that you didn't do early mornings, ESPECIALLY without coffee and to avoid you if they caught you on an early morning prowl for an open Starbucks. They knew how you were a stubborn perfectionist and so didn't need to be told twice to restart if they got something, even one step, wrong. They knew that, even though you were slightly scary, you were also really nice and caring, always willing to listen to ideas or help out with anything, even if you were busy. They really appreciated you and a choreographer, designer and friend/older sister. ARMY found out about you relatively early on, and while some were haters, the majority were really cool with a female choreographer working with their favourite group. You were good at what you did and you knew it, you weren't going to be put down by any y comments anyway.

As the van stopped, you snapped out of your reverie. Pulling out the staff tag given to you in the brief, you put it on and waited until the boys got out of the car and onto the pavement full of waiting paparazzi and fans alike. A flood of screams and shouts washed into the car and you chuckled at the sound, basking in the pride that you felt for the group. You waited until the boys were half way up the steps before getting out of the side facing the road, along with the other staff members from neighbouring vehicles; before the valet could go and park the van, you did a sweep of the seats inside, checking for any dropped items or passes that would cause any trouble later on in the future. 

But of course there was!

On the seat previously occupied by the oldest rapper lay Yoongi's headphones. If this was anyone else this would be fine, you could leave the cured things in the car until the end of the day, but ooohhhh no! It just had to be the headphones of the guy who goes nowhere without them! With a huff you grabbed the devices and went to follow the boys inside along with the rest of BTS's entourage. At the entrance you grabbed Choreo-nim and asked for him to take notes at the staff meeting while you delivered the 'package', the man looked at the headphones and back up at you knowingly,

"Do you know the way? You can get lost without a map or experience, 'sure you don't want an or something?" you shrugged off his question with confidence,

"I have natural skills of navigation!" You replied with a wink before taking off in a completely random direction to find the boys.

***

Saying you were lost would be an understatement. Not that you would admit it of course.

The lack of staff in the area due to the meeting meant that only clueless idols and their security were milling around. You swore that you had been past MAMAMOO's dressing room at least twice before and Hwa Sa was now observing you from the door with a raised eyebrow, "Unnie, you look a little lost."

"Don't worry, I'm not." You defended, trying to keep the determined look on your face," I just made a wrong turn somewhere." And without asking for any directions you left the way you had come, maybe if you just-

"Y/n-ah?!"

You turned quickly at the familiar voice,"Jongin?!"you felt a pair of hands grab your waist as the taller spun you around, you laughed at the childishness and joy you felt after not seeing him for so long but you soon became dizzy and begged to be put down. Placing you on the floor, Kai sat back on his heels and took you all in with a smirk still on his face, eyes alight,

 

"How've you been? I didn't know you would be be here! I need to tell the hyungs!" before you could answer any of his questions he grabbed your wrist and started running down the winding corridors, dragging you behind him. As he went, you answered some of his questions, how you were Big Hit now and how you'd been working around the area recently. You also asked him questions of your own like how his dogs were and were the boys behaving, he laughed and replied how things have been fine but boring without you there. You smiled sadly, reminiscing about your time with the group.

You had worked at SM as an intern, collaborating with artists like EXO, F(x) and SHINEE. It had been a great start to your journey and you still kept in contact with a few people who you had become especially close with. You left after about a year and the day was full of tearful goodbyes but you were glad to be moving forward with your career

You had stopped in front of EXO's dressing room in the middle of the SM section right in front of a colour-coded map of the area.

A MAP. A MAP THAT APPEARED NEXT TO NEARLY EVERY DOOR IN THE BUILDING.

Inwardly beating yourself up, you searched the plan and found BTS's room, committing it to memory, before joining Jongin inside; you supposed that you could just spend a few minutes there and then go back to finding your actual destination. All the heads inside looked up at the new addition to the room, a few did a double-take and other just stared for a moment before a wave of greetings and "Y/n-ah!"s swept the room. In no time you were surrounded by noise and hugs and questions,

"Y/a-ah! I swear you've grown taller since I've last seen you!" Chanyeol boomed while ruffling you hair, you hit his hand away playfully,

"Really Yeol? Maybe your big head is finally starting to weigh you down so much that you're shrinking." You were met with a mock-hurt expression in return and you cooed at his pout before turning to hi-five a waiting Chen who was laughing so hard that there were tears in his eyes. Sehun tapped you on the shoulder, "Y/n-ah, why didn't you tell us that you were coming?" you looked confused for a moment, " I did." 

Baekhyun squinted his eyes judgementally and replied," No you didn't."

"I did! I called Lay this morning and told him." The whole room turned to look at the unsuspecting unicorn sitting casually on the sofa, the only one not surprised to see you there, he did a little wave but noticed that the looks weren't friendly. "What?"

"You knew and you didn't tell us??!!" Chanyeol cried while diving at the elder,

"You told LAY??!!" Jongin said as he you dramatically,

"I though was your favourite." you heard Kyungsoo mutter darkly. 

You didn't know what to do or say, you kind of stood there dumbfounded, looking to Suho with distress in your eyes. The man clearly caught on because he tried to break everyone up,

"Okay guys! Let's just leave it here, Y/n got a lot to do so we should just-" he said, only to be ignored (again) and interrupted (again),

"Oh THERE you are!" two voices called out from the door, you turned away from the sulking leader to reveal Amber and Minho beaming at you, Amber spoke up," Sorry! I only just got your text 'cus my phone was off." Minho joined in," And Teamin only just told me."

"WHAT!?" An incredulous Jongin cried,"TEAMIN KNEW AND DIDN'T TELL ME?!?" and with that he stormed off to kill his best friend, Amber laughed histerically at the sight and pushed Minho to follow him. You joined her at the door as Minho left to find out if his friend could still perform later on or had tragically died at the hands of his dongsaeng. 

Waving to the EXO boys, promising to meet up before the end of the day, you travelled back down the corridors, finally gaining some bearings on where you were. You and the F(x) member chatted happily until you reached a sort of idol cafeteria, it was full of the groups that would be performing later on in the day and some more people that you knew, idols and choreographers alike. The two of you met up with a friend you knew through Amber, Jackson, and had a hilarious conversation with him before finally swapping numbers and dropping Amber off with him, you travelled through the large room hoping to catch a glimpse of one of the Bangtan Boys but no luck. 

Man you were bad at this.

You tuned back to leave but collided ,once again, with a body (wow your coordination was really off that day). Looking up you met eyes with B.A.P's Yongguk, his eyes creating crescents as soon as they met yours and his white teeth poked out through his lips,"Y/n! It's been ages!" You smiled and took a step back bowing, you had worked with TS one summer and helped the costume department for a short while while nearing the end of College, it had been ages but you and he had become close when shooting for Warrior years ago. You had to admit, you preferred him with black hair than blond (the whole 'entire group go platinum thing' had ABSOLUTELY  NOTHING to do with you by the way before you start to feel guilty),

"What brings you back to the industry?"

"Oh, I never left. I was just working elsewhere." He clutched at his heart in mock distress, "I'm hurt you didn't stay, you've grown loads and I bet you are even better at your job now." You blushed slightly but playfully hit his side, he was always a flirt but he was  like this to everyone to be honest, you put on the cockiest smile you could muster,

"You know I'm good, probably too good for the likes of you," You poked his chest," Mister," He leant down to meet your eye level," Is that so?" He smirked and winked, you decided to try and win his little bet with a staring contest, urging the other to blink as his smile grew into one rivalling a Cheshire cat. A small crowd of your friends soon gathering around, including some of the Exo and Shinee members, Jackson and Amber who must have been bored and came over to see what was going on.

"Yah. Where were you?"

***

Suga had gone into the dressing room searching his pockets for his earphones, no luck. He thought back to when he had them last and remembered having them in the car, but he was too lazy to get them now, Maybe Y/n would get them? He thought to himself absent-mindedly before stealing JHope's, cringing at the lower quality of bass, but what could he do?

After getting settled in the dressing room and running through the show layout for what felt like a couple dozen times, the group soon got bored of waiting for Y/n and the rest of the designers and listened to Jin's idea of going to check out the cafeteria to see what food there was. At first, Yoongi didn't want to go because the sofa in the back corner seemed really comfy and really inviting but Jimin grabbed him and as soon as he knew it he was standing in a crowded dinner hall. He checked his watch, they had gotten in nearly two hours ago, the staff meetings don't usually last that long right? Where was Y/n? He didn't really know why he was thinking these things, maybe he was hungry. With that thought he gestured for everyone to follow him to the buffet area.

"Hyung," Jimin piped up," Isn't that Y/n over there? What's she-"

To most of the boys, it looked like a large guy was looming Y/n in a menacing way, to Yoongi, the way his face was level with hers, it seemed more like he was going in for a kiss. He saw red for a second but brushed it off and put his clenched, clammy hands in his pockets while going to approach the two, realising a little too late that a small crowd of people had gathered, supposedly cheering the guy on.

Yoongi didn't care who they were. He didn't care how old they were or how experienced and famous they were, but in his head there was a line. He didn't know what it signified but this definitely overstepped it.

"Yah." He said, trying to control his voice and not look at anyone but Y/n," Where were you?"

Y/n didn't respond, she must have not heard him, so he reached out and turned her around using her wrist, praying that his hands were dry by now. The look on her face was of surprise and what happened next was just so fast.

***

You felt yourself being turned around to meet Yoongi, only to be pulled quickly back to Yongguk so your back was against his front,

"Hey," Yongguk muttered to the smaller man," What do you think you're doing? Don't go grabbing random people like that and don't talk to Y/n like that either." 

You were speechless, you didn't know what to do, in your hand still held Yoongi's headphones but you couldn't get them to him. Oh wait, Yongguk was holding your arms.

All of a sudden, as if a switch had been flicked the two groups of friends, old and new lined up until they were face to face.

RapMon and Jackson stood chest to chest, Namjoon looking down on the smirking Chinese who muttered something about friendship is best served cold or something as the taller just smirked and said something in Chinese that sounded like a quote from an advert you heard somewhere.

Both Jimin and Jungkook had both taken on taller men than themselves, Jimins against Taemin and Kookie against Jongin. It seemed fitting that two best friend dancers would be facing off against two best friend dancers in a strange way, though, and they had thrown away their fear of being younger and less experienced by the two demi-gods in front of them.

JHope glared playfully up at EXOs happy virus, Chanyeol, who chuckled darkly as he adjusted his cap stupidly, while the weirdos, V and Amber, had their foreheads practically glued to each other, daring the other to swing first. The quiet but deadly Jin and Lay duo, crossed their arms at each other like the mothers they are over no man's land while Yoongi was still scowling up at your temporary captor.

Even though the whole thing was stupid, you had to admit... this was kind of hot.

You finally found your voice in all of the commotion,

"G-guys? Guys? GUYS ING STOP IT!" Finally, you had everyone's attention, you wriggled out of Yongguk's hands and gestured dramatically to the younger group in front of you," This is the group I am working with now! I was looking for them the whole time but got caught up," You pointed at the group behind you," by you lot." You turned the closest friend,

"And to be honest: Jackson, you already know RapMon, you've been to the studio and seen me there," The Chinese uttered a quiet," I know.." you looked at him incredulously but you weren't really that surprised that he wanted to get into a scuffle.

"Jongin, I already told you I was working with BigHit, Teamin, I told you over the phone when you asked who the next 'lucky guys' were. Amber, you're no better than the idiot gymnast over their." At your comment, you were met with a couple of quiet, offended," Hey!"s, you turned back to Chanyeol and Lay and paused, looking up at them," You don't even know what's gong on, do you?" The shook their heads slowly, you sighed and turned to look back up at a stunned Yongguk," And who are you to tell people how to treat me? Just a minute ago, y'all were all up in my grill trying to challeng me to a randome flirtatious staring contest. Who the does that??."

Having finished with the older side of the group, you turned back to BTS," Guys, what the hell?" Your glare wasn't met by anyone but Yoongi who met your gaze and held it for a second, a soft, apologetic look in his dark eyes, before slowly taking the headphones from your hand and bowing low to the other side of the group, muttering a low "Sorry," to them and a ," Thanks," In your direction, before going off to get some coffee. The rest of the boys all bowed too and you looked on as the other half did the same,

Chanyeol muttering over to Lay," She hasn't changed a bit right," with a small smile on his face. With that, you told the others that you would meet up again before following the other guys to the queue for the food. God, you were starving.

Tonight was going to be a long, hectic night.

********

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph, that was long (for me anyway)! 

Did you like my random cameos?

 I started writing this chapter the other day and couldn't do any revision unless I finished it so...here it is I guess.

Hope you enjoyed it! (sorry my bias showed a couple of times there) I know it doesn't look like the relationship is developing at all but meh. Thanks for staying with me. I can't make any promises when the next chapter comes out so sorry again.

Love you x