A Night on the Town

Life before Got7

 

Our plan was very simple. The three of us had told our parents that we were going out of dinner and then to the movies. It was JB’s birthday, time to celebrate.  As luck would have it, both Jr’s dad (JYP) and mine (Rain) had just left on a week-long business trip.  Time for some much deserved fun!

 

The birthday boy got to pick the venue. He really wanted to go clubbing. He loved to dance and loved to show off his talent.  Jr and I were not very optimistic. There was no way we were going to pass for university students, let alone high school students. We were in our last year of middle school.  Sure, Park Jin-young’s physical presents would help a great deal, but I definitely looked like an adolescent.  JB had his own charms.

 

Before we set out, we had gathered over at Jr's place. His mother and older brother were just heading out for the evening.

 

"Oh, Happy Birthday Jae-bum!"  Jr's mom gave him a quick hug. "Jackson, make sure you call your mother when you get to the movie theatre... Are you sure you're going to be fine taking a cab to the movies?" she inquired. "I can send our driver back to take you.  Or Jin-woo? What time are you heading out? Maybe you could drop them off first?"

 

Jr helped his mother with her coat.  She was preoccupied with grabbing her keys and purse to notice how Jin-woo glared at his younger sibling.  His threat was obvious to all of us.

 

The three of us quickly assured Mrs. Park that we would be fine and not to worried. Jr would text her when we got back to JB's place after the movie. A good thing too, because we were heading in the opposite direction of where we said we were going . Plus, Jr's brother was an intimidating guy. I was afraid one of us would blow it if he were to ask us any questions about where we were going.

 

After we watched both cars leave the estate, Jr guided us through his parent's stylish mansion.  He stopped in front of his room then turned and pointed down the hall.

 

""Come." he stated. He stopped at his brother's room. Was he crazy? His brother would kill him if he entered without his permission. He took a deep breath and walked in.

 

"If you guys are serious about going then we need to look the part." he disappeared into his brother’s walk-in closet. He grabbed some items that he thought would be useful and chucked them at us. He walked over to his brother's desk and rifled through it. He smiled as he found what he was looking for. He held it up to show us, one of his brother's old student ID's. He could pass with it, no questions asked.

 

We had transformed into 'more mature students' by the time the taxi pulled up to the estate.  The driver didn't bat an eye when we hold him our destination. 

 

I volunteered to treat the boys to dinner. The one Jeung trait I had inherited from my dad, was I was very generous to my friends and to people who help me. There was a Western style steakhouse two blocks down from the club. It was not your average restaurant. It was the type of place our fathers would bring clients or other important people to. As I stepped up to hostess, she smiled sweetly and asked if we had a reservation. 

 

"No, we don't. " as I said that JB walks over and smiles brightly at the young woman.

 

"Is that a problem? I really wanted to celebrate my birthday with one of your world famous steaks," He even pouted with his puppy look. Jr turned away in disgust. The hostess blushed and covered her smile with her hand. JB had this affect, it truly amazed me.

 

"Oh! Would you look at that? We had a last minute cancellation.  Would you please follow me?" she led us our table.

 

"Are you sure about this?" JB asked as we were looking at the menu. It was very high class and the prices matched perfectly.  I had lots of cash on me but if all else fails, I did have one of my father's card with me.

 

"Live a little," I assured him with a grin. "You only turn seventeen once in your life."

 

As the waiter filled our wine glasses with water," Would you care for something else to drink?" He only looked at Jr. He did look like the oldest, even though his birthday wasn't until September.

 

"Three OJ with 7up, we're in training." he stated. The waiter didn't bat in eye just bowed and left.

 

"Training? You and Jr could possibly pass but I'm a lost cause." I laughed.

 

We enjoyed our meal and the serve was what you would expect. "Would you care for any dessert or coffees, young sirs?" he asked as he refilled our waters.

 

"Got any room left?" I asked JB. "Birthday cake and whatever?"

 

"We better not."  JB smiled at the waiter. "Our managers would kill us!"

 

He placed our check on our table, bowed and turned away to help other customers. We each had one of the after eight candies, as I took the check. I did a quick calculation and realized I was a little short on cash. My dad would be fine with me buying his closest friend's son and a loyal employee's son dinner.  I pulled out my dad's platinum card and place it in the billfold.

 

When the waiter returned for it and opened it. His eyes brow did raise up. "I will be right back." he bow and walked to the front of the restaurant. I was a little nervous because I had never use it without a parent nearby.

 

My heart jumped when the manager came by.  "Master Jeung, I hope you found everything to your satisfaction?" he asked. "Your father comes here quite often."

 

"I heard him mention your place and I thought it would be a great place to bring a friend on his birthday." I told a little white lie.

 

"Are these young men with your father's company?" he asked. He was definitely giving me the once over.  He smiled and nodded his head.  He handed back the billfold. "Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening." He bowed and left.

 

"That was interesting." Jr stated. "He was checking you out, big time."

 

“Well, that's good.  At least we knew they had my dad's best interest at heart.  Some young punk pulls out a platinum card of a famous celebrity. I'm sure you would want someone else to verify it too." I was thankful for their concern and left them a generous tip, or should I say, my dad did.

 

It was around 10:30pm, time for the main event.  Jr would go first, then JB and me. It was a busy night for a cold wet February.  We watched as group of young female approached the large doorman.  They smiled cutely at him and shook his hand. I found that very strange until I saw the money he pocketed. We might have a chance after all. I grabbed the boys and told them what I saw.

 

 We went in the order we had planned. Jr went first with his brother's ID, the guy waved him and JB through. He stuck his hand out to stop me, I quickly shook his hand with about enough won to cover his night's wages. He was a little surprised at the amount. I just smiled and he waved me through.

 

It was our first time in a night club.  We were a little shocked at how crowded it was. The music was so loud that you could feel it's vibration in your chest.  We had to shout to hear each other. We decided to meet back at the first booth every half an hour, more so for our dancing fool then us.

 

JB was in heaven. He disappeared into the sea of bodies on the dance floor. Jr and I looked around for a place to sit. Not happening. We looked up and realized there was a second level like a balcony which looked way less crowded.  He pointed up there. I shrugged. We made our way over there to the stairway to find out you had to be a VIP or a special club member. We didn't qualify, so be it.

 

I bet Jr that he couldn't get served here.  He was up for the challenge.  He took off for the bar and I looked around for the John. 

 

I found it and made my way there. There was a long line up for the women's. I just walking into the men's. There was a guy at two of the three urinals. I just waited my turn. I had just finished when two young women flew in and begged our forgiveness, each ran for a stall.  I guess they couldn't wait.  I washed and headed out. The same two girls were laughing behind me and I saw the one girl hold out her hand to a guy.

 

"Pay up, little man! " I heard her say. I just shook my head. 

 

When I got back to where Jr and I were to meet, he smiled brightly and held up two bottles of beer. When I went to take one, he shook his head.

 

"It's for the birthday boy if we ever see him again!" he shouted in my ear. I nodded.

 

JB wandered back to us with a couple of cute girls under each arm. Jr handed him the beer. He looked a little surprised but took it all the same.

 

"The girls have a table over in the corner if we want to join them!" he motioned towards the back corner.

 

"Hey, it's your party!" I followed behind them. There were six girls in total and they were celebrate someone's birthday as well. Mind you, she was turning twenty not seventeen. But we didn't tell them that, so we had lots for fun. All three of us were dragged out on to the dance floor, two girls a piece.

 

  I had my first Korean boilermaker,...second and third. I was starting to feel weird so I stopped drinking and drank bottled water instead.

 

One of the girls was taking photos with her phone. I was trying to avoid her at all cost.

 

 "Has anyone ever told you that you look a famous actor and singer?" one of the girls I danced with asked me as she grabbed my cheek with her fingers. "You're like a twenty year old version of him. Hey Sonya! Don't you agree? He could play his younger version if they ever make a movie about his life?"

 

"That's for sure!" The next girl nodded in agreement. "You have rhythm when you dance. Can you sing too?"

 

"Sorry to break up our little chit-chat, I've got to visit the men's room." I bowed out from between them. I was getting a little uncomfortable with their conversation, it was time to go.

 

 I grabbed Jr. He was fine, he had a lot more weight for the alcohol to work through. JB, on the other hand, not so fine. We grabbed him from the girls saying sorry but we had to leave.  JB waved Good-bye to his new found friends.

 

We headed for the exit and made our way up the stairs. JB was laughing like a lunatic. It took both Jr and I to control his unruly movements. We bumped into a few people as we went. We apologized quickly bowing.

 

As the reaching top step, there seemed to be a great deal of people around. Lots of girls were screaming "Oppa!" "Oppa!" We tried to work our way through the crowd, but JB made it quite difficult.

 

Jr stood on his tiptoes to see what the big deal was. He quickly dropped down lower than before and yanked both JB and I down with him. His eyes were wide with sudden fear.

 

A/N:  Love to hear yours thoughts on how the story is going whether good, bad or indifferent?