Final

Not A Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the long wait! I was too absorbed in my holiday. And as I promised, here's the final chapter!

 

 

Stupid Yunho! Stupid Yunho!

 

I slammed the door of my room and threw myself to the bed, feeling deadly annoyed. I was actually thinking that Yunho would ask me to go together to the party! How could you, Kim Jaejoong? See now, you’re embarrassed for hoping too much right? And why did I even get angry when he actually asked his money back? Well because it’s romantic when a guy pays for your meal, wait! What did I just say? Romantic? Hell no! There’s no romantic word in friendship, Kim Jaejoong! Argh whatever! The thing is, Yunho is so stupid! Damn stupid!

 

I kept hitting my baby elephant doll Joongie while lying down. What? I hit my baby Joongie?!

 

“Arghhhh!!” I shouted, “Sorry baby Joongieee!”

 

Whatever! Now I’m even angrier to Yunho! He made my Joongie getting hit like this! Okay Joongie, you can understand that it’s not my fault right? It’s because of Yunho! Stupid! Dumb Yunho!

 

I even thought that perhaps he likes me…

 

I still remember the dinner we had after seeing Heechul with Yoochun. I made omurice which Changmin ate so much, leaving just a little bit for me and Yunho.

 

“Yunho ya…” I stared at him who was eating hungrily, “I’m sorry for making you stay for ours. It must be troublesome right?”

 

He put down his spoon, stopped eating and smiled to me, “Of course, Jaejoong. It was hard to see someone crying in front of your very eyes.”

 

I pouted.

 

But then he added, “That time… I don’t know what to do.”

 

I looked at him who was staring at me genuinely, “I don’t know what to do to comfort you. It’s unbearable to see such a good guy like you being beaten and crying hopelessly.”

 

My heart raced at that and I know I must be blushing by now, and I could only hope it wasn’t that obvious for him to notice.

 

“You’re so lovely Jaejoong ah.” He flashed me another smile, “But you know what, there are many people out there, they’re bad, they’re waiting for you to collapse, they’re waiting to see you fall and if you cry, they’ll think they succeeded. So… Don’t cry Jaejoong ah.”

 

Yunho ya…

 

“Don’t show them your tears, Jaejoong ah.”

 

“But you saw it already.” I tried to joke as I felt the atmosphere was too serious and I needed to melt it.

 

“That’s why… Don’t let anyone else see it. Don’t cry when I can’t see you and cry only when you’re with me. Got it?”

 

I nodded and smiled at that somewhat possessiveness side of Yunho.

 

Was I wrong after all? Does he actually not care about me? I’m so stupid…

 

 

The moment I stepped into the class, I didn’t even bother to greet Yunho. Even when he raised his hand, trying to greet me, I walked pass him, completely ignoring him. Why am I even being like this? I shouldn’t get angry at all right? But I can’t seem to control myself at all.

 

“Hey all!”

 

Everyone’s attention turned to Yoochun who walked into the front of the class. Of course when it’s Yoochun, everyone looks at him curiously, as if his words are commandment, something they must listen carefully, that if you miss just one word, you’re going to get punished all your life.

 

“So, this Saturday I will be having a ball, well, Jung family ball. So it’s a ball where the legal heir of Jung family will be announced and of course, I hope all of you can come to the ball.”

 

Most of the classmates shrieked, but I kept silent. I was just not so interested at the ball.

 

“It will be a masked party, so I hope everyone can bring their own masks but if you don’t have one, there will be masks prepared at the ball. Don’t worry!”

 

I could see how the others started to get excited and discussing about what they should wear, how they should come together and so on. Even Heechul seemed so enthusiastic about it. But me? I don’t know if I should go.

 

“You’ll come right, Jaejoong?”

 

I blinked and that’s when I realize that Yoochun was already in front of me, staring at me with his sweet smile. Should I go?

 

“Ummm I don’t know.”

 

“You need to.”

 

I was startled by how his eyes were sparkling, somehow giving me puppy eyes, wanting me to come so badly. Why?

 

“Umm… I’ll try to come.”

 

“Mother! I don’t want Jaejoong to come! It’s just a little bit more that I and Yoochun can be together and I don’t want that to ruin everything, mom!”

 

“Of course, Chullie. How could I let anyone to interfere?” Kwang Ja smirked as he looked at his son who was all dressed up for the party. Just like his son, Kwang Ja dressed up well, as he was also invited by Jung to the ball.

 

“Then tell him not to come, mother! I’m afraid Yoochun’s heart will weaken if he sees Jaejoong.”

 

“Of course, baby. Let’s go.”

 

Jaejoong was hesitating if he should go, but since Yoochun invited him personally, he would feel bad if he doesn’t come especially after saying yes. The thing is, Jaejoong still didn’t want to see Yunho just yet. It’s weird. What’s wrong with seeing him? Yunho is my bestfriend. I mean, yeah perhaps I was hoping for more… But I shouldn’t feel awkward with him. Just act as if nothing happens, right?

 

Jaejoong then tried on his white suit, it was bought when two years ago but now it’s too big for him. He has lost lots of weight and he’s going to be embarrassed for sure if he wears that. He’s going to get mocked, definitely, like where did you borrow that from? and such.

 

Jaejoong was startled when he heard the door to his room was opened by force, it was Heechul and his stepmother, Kwang Ja.

 

“Kwang Ja ssi…”

 

Kwang Ja smirked when he saw Jaejoong’s shirt and suit was all over his room. He could have guessed that Jaejoong wanted to go to the ball too, but too bad, he won’t let it happen.

 

“Jaejoongie, where do you think you’re going?”

 

“Ummm… Yoochun asked me to come…”

 

Heechul snatched away the suit Jaejoong was holding and smirked, “Aw… That’s so sweet, princess. But unfortunately, you won’t be able to come today.”

 

Catching the meaning of Heechul’s words, Jaejoong begged, “Please, Heechul. I promised I will go.”

 

Kwang Ja stepped forward to land a slap on Jaejoong’s pale cheek harshly, causing the beautiful boy to fall to the bed hopelessly.

 

“Don’t you dream on getting Jung’s heir! Now you’re going to rot here all night and don’t ever think of leaving this room till I’m back! If I can’t find you when I’m home, you’ll be so dead, you got it?!”

 

Kwang Ja quickly grabbed Heechul’s hand and went outside, locking the door while Jaejoong could only knock the door from inside, begging them to open the door though he knew Kwang Ja and Heechul wouldn’t do. But what could he do? He won’t be able to go. After all, the only suit he has was taken away from Heechul.

 

Jaejoong wanted to cry, so much, so damn much. After all, he couldn’t do anything else besides crying, but… He held it in; he barely managed to hold it in.

 

‘Don’t cry when I can’t see you and cry only when you’re with me.’ Yunho’s words flashed in his mind.

 

I need to stop crying whenever I’m bullied by them. I need to be strong… And… Yunho’s not here… I can’t be weak. I need to be strong… At least till he comes and hold me… I need to be strong.

 

Jaejoong suddenly remembered of the business card he received from Ji Hyo. Other than anyone else, he could only remember Ji Hyo who told him to ask her anything.

 

The ball was pretty crowded but when people enter, they needed to wear their masks so inside the room, it was full of masked people. They can’t even recognize the others.

 

Yunho was anxiously looking here and there, looking for Jaejoong. Yoochun told him that Jaejoong will come but even now, he couldn’t find any trace of the beautiful boy. And he started getting anxious.

 

“Anxious much, Yunho?”

 

Yunho turned to the girl who wore a pearl white mask with beautiful sapphire blue dress hugging her gorgeous body. Yunho was able to recognize her by her unique voice, though.

 

“Oh, noona?”

 

“Why? Jaejoong’s not here yet?”

 

“Um.”

 

“Chill, hey. He said he will come, didn’t he?”

 

“Well… Perhaps he changed his mind…”

 

Ji Hyo looked at her cousin sadly. In fact, she was also waiting for Jaejoong’s arrival because she had something for them, but Jaejoong wasn’t there. It’s now 10.45 pm, which means it’s been an hour since the party started and she’s yet to spot him.

 

“Hey, don’t lose hope, Yunho ya.”

 

“Heechul and Kwang Ja ssi are here already,” Yunho pointed the two who were talking happily to Yoochun whom they thought was the Jung heir, “So I guess Jaejoong won’t come after all.”

 

“Hey, cheer up, Yunho?” She tried comforting him though she knew it didn’t have such impact on him, “How about grabbing some juice over there?”

 

Yunho just nodded and went to the juice counter. Just when Ji Hyo wanted to follow him, the phone in her hand rang. Her forehead wrinkled in confusion when there was a call from an unknown number. She then found a spot which was not too crowded to answer the phone.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Ji Hyo ssi, this is Jaejoong.”

 

“Jaejoong? Where are you? Are you coming?”

 

“Ji Hyo ssi, can you come here?”

 

And Jaejoong told Ji Hyo to come to his house, delaying the whole explanation thing. He knew he was in such a hurry as the party’s is at 12, which is the Jung heir announcement and he wouldn’t want to miss that. It’s such a relief that instead of throwing him numerous questions, Ji Hyo opted to just obey Jaejoong’s suggestion and get to his house as soon as possible.

 

It was past eleven when Ji Hyo reached Jaejoong’s place, and of course she was confused where she can get the key and where Jaejoong was. Thankfully, it was Changmin who opened the door.

 

“Hi… Is Jaejoong in?”

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Umm I’m his friend.”

 

“He’s in his room, at the tree house behind this mansion.”

 

Ji Hyo knew his room was locked because Jaejoong told her so and she was so sure that this person must have the key with him.

 

“But can I get the key, then?”

 

“I’m told by my mom not to open it for him.”

 

Ji Hyo hissed. She should have known Kwang Ja would do that, but she can’t back off now, not when she’s so close on getting Jaejoong with her.

 

“Then, is there anything you want? I can give you anything in exchange for that key, please?”

 

Changmin grinned, “I knew it! Of course then. I want Korean barbeque!”

 

“Korean barbeque, is it? Okay noona will treat you to it tomorrow, but can I have it now?”

 

“Okay it’s a deal. You can’t forget it!”

 

“Sure.”

 

Ji Hyo smirked when she realized it was this easy of getting the key. That boy was something, indeed. Not caring about it anymore, she went to the tree house and hurriedly open it up.

 

“Noona!” Jaejoong almost shouted when he saw Ji Hyo opening the door.

 

“Okay, we don’t have much time. So, I bought you the attire.”

 

“Really, noona? That’s such a coincidence, Heechul took my suit away and I don’t even know where it is now.”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes widened when Ji Hyo opened the box she brought along. It was a white, long dress. What? Did Ji Hyo take the wrong box, or is she trying to make him wear a dress? But he’s a male!

 

“Noona?”

 

“Change, Jaejoong. I bought a wig for you too.”

 

“But why did you bring me a dress, noona? I’m a boy!”

 

“I didn’t have any backup plan, Jaejoong. It was so sudden. This is actually a dress I specially designed for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter