Three

Not A Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeaahh I'm back with the 3rd chapter! Hope you enjoy it!

 

The moment I opened my eyes, I saw Yunho was sleeping with his head on the edge of my bed, holding my hand tightly as if he won’t let it go even if the earth shakes. It must be uncomfortable sleeping in such position. I feel sorry for telling him to stay if it makes him like this, but… He was all I needed. A friend’s warmth, a gentle and warm smile of a friend to comfort my soul.

 

“Yunho…” I whispered and shook his hand lightly, causing him to finally move, looking up to me.

 

“Jaejoong ah, you’re awake…”

 

“Sorry Yunho, you must be tired accompanying me.” I said as I looked out of the window. It was evening already. Just how long did I sleep?

 

My eyes widened when I saw his hand coming closer to my cheeks, I feel like my cheeks were burning, blood gushing to my face.

I didn’t notice the cotton pads on my face if he didn’t lift it up from my face, seriously. And those cotton pads were replaced by his warm hands, cupping my cheeks, making my face burn, I don’t know why and how.

 

“I think the swells are gone.” He said, “But why is your face still red and warm, Jaejoong ah?”

 

I don’t know either. I feel that the pain was almost gone but if my face was still red and burning, I don’t know he reason either. I thought it has completely healed but… I don’t know.

 

Feeling awkward, I tried to come up with something, “Want to grab dinner?”

 

“Will you get scolded by your mother if you bring a friend into the house?”

 

“Kwang Ja ssi won’t be back till midnight if he goes to salon so don’t worry.”

 

“But that one who gave me the key while eating… Isn’t he your stepbrother?”

 

“Changmin doesn’t give me a hard time as long as I cook all he wants. So let’s go.” I took his hand and led him out of the room, walking down the stairs, proceeding to the main door of the house.

 

We walked together along the backyard which is full of trees. We were just chatting happily with smiles on our faces till I spotted something. Heechul and Yoochun. They are home. Heechul has his hands on Yoochun’s arms, clinging possessively.

 

“Oh? Isn’t that your driver, Yoochun ah?” Heechul smirked as he looked at me and Yunho. I don’t know why but I hate Heechul even more for this. I know he loves mocking me, but I didn’t expect him to mock my friend just because he’s only a driver.

 

The other thing I cared for was Yoochun. His face somehow looked down as he saw my hand. What? Oh I didn’t even realize that I was still holding hands with Yunho. We’ve been holding hands since earlier as if it was just a habit, nothing’s wrong. But Yoochun may take this idea differently. I should have noticed earlier.

 

The next thing I did was releasing our intertwining hands.

 

“So you cancelled meeting Yoochun because you’re meeting his driver, Jaejoong ah?” Heechul added, looking at me with his annoying smirk.

 

I thought I would be afraid of making Yoochun misunderstand, but in fact, what I feel now is I’m annoyed that Heechul kept on calling Yunho a driver. He’s a driver indeed. But he has a name, for God’s sake!

 

Without saying anything, I walked past them, taking Yunho’s hand and led him to the house. However, I stopped my steps when I heard Heechul saying, “Thanks for sending me home, Yoochun ah.”

 

I turned around a bit, enough to see Heechul coming closer and kiss his lips. I knew Heechul was smirking at me. Was he expecting me to get jealous? I assume so, and I thought I would. But I don’t know. I don’t know what I’m feeling. Perhaps yeah I’m jealous.

 

I was just walking along the corridor with Yunho while talking nonsense. Well I’m not a person who loves talking unnecessary things but I don’t know, with Yunho I just clicked. I feel like the most unimportant thing in this world can be interesting is it’s with him. It’s just till the extent that even his smile can make me laugh like there’s no tomorrow. Perhaps it’s what you call as friend? Yes, Yunho is such a good guy. He can make anyone open up and feel comfortable around him. I’m so lucky to have a friend like him, an ideal friend.

 

My smile faded when I saw Yoochun coming our way, blocking us. In a moment, I noticed there was some tension by the way Yoochun and Yunho looked at each other. However I didn’t give it any further thought when Yoochun turned to me, “Can we talk, Jae?”

 

I was afraid Heechul would see and of course he won’t like it. But, aren’t you lucky enough that the prince charming actually came looking for you, Kim Jaejoong?

 

I tapped Yunho’s shoulder, “You can go to class first, Yunho ya.”

 

It’s the first time I didn’t understand Yunho. He gave me that don’t-go-with-him look, but he stayed silent, not saying anything. In fact I wanted to ask why he did that, but I didn’t. Yunho only left me with Yoochun when he exchanged another look to Yoochun. But this time, I had no clue what they were implying at all.

 

----- Yunho -----

 

As much as I want to ignore it, it is too obvious to be ignored. I could see how Yoochun seemed anxious while looking for Jaejoong. I know  Yoochun is someone I considered as a brother, but lately, I can’t seem to control myself around him, especially yesterday when he came to my room to call me for a dinner.

 

“Yunho ya, dinner’s ready.” I could hear Yoochun saying to me who was busy with my laptop. I chose to ignore him, I don’t know why.

 

Getting no response, Yoochun stepped into my room, sitting next to me, “Aren’t you hungry, Yunho ya? I know you’re busy, but please eat first. Mr and Mrs Jung wouldn’t want to see you get ill.”

 

I didn’t even spare a glance at him and just coldly answered, “I ate already.”

 

I heard him sighing in disappointment. Well, I wasn’t lying, though. It’s true that I ate at Jaejoong’s place so it wasn’t wrong for me to do that, right?

 

“Yunho ya….” He started unsurely, “I don’t know if I’m wrong to say this, but why do I feel like you’re keeping a gap from me lately?”

 

As much as I want to deny that, I know it was partly true. I’ve never felt this way before. I used to tell him everything especially my personal problems. There would be some problems I can’t tell my parents but I would tell Yoochun to ease my burden. But now? My mouth went dry, not saying anything. I also wanted to know why I behaved this way. It’s just not like me.

 

“You’re thinking too much.” I lied and I knew it, and it was going to be a lie too if I claim not to know the reason but I can’t come up with a better reason than ‘I dislike you for getting attention from Jaejoong’.

 

Letting out another sigh, Yoochun exited my room.

 

Sorry Yoochun ah. I think I need some time to get used to this first. I’m not used to the feeling of losing to anyone and I need some time to adjust. Sorry, Yoochun ah.

 

I know eavesdropping is a bad thing to do. But once is fine right? I tried hard prohibiting myself from following Jaejoong and Yoochun but my feet won’t listen. I found myself following them to the empty gym hall. My heart went nervous thinking what Yoochun will say to Jaejoong. He… He can’t possibly like Jaejoong right? Please no. My brother with someone I like? Please God, don’t do this to me.

 

“Yoochun ah, what is it?”

 

“Jae, I have something to tell you.”

 

My heart burned at the view of Yoochun’s flushing face. It’s the first time I see him acting shy and lowering his head when he’s facing someone. Yoochun ah, please don’t…

 

“Yes, Yoochun ah?”

 

I believe Jaejoong was just as nervous as Yoochun was, seeing that expression of his. He must be waiting for Yoochun to… Confess. But to me, it will be the worst thing.

 

“I know it’s hard to believe, but there’s nothing going on between me and Heechul.” Yoochun said, “I know you’ve seen enough yesterday, but please believe me, I and Heechul aren’t like what you think. I don’t have feelings for him.”

 

“Actually Yoochun ah… You don’t need to explain that to me. Even if there is something, you don’t need to explain anything to me, Yoochun ah.”

 

“But…”

 

“But?”

 

“But I don’t want you to misunderstand, Jaejoong ah!” Yoochun almost shouted, “Because the one I like is you!”

 

My heart almost stopped wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter