One

Not A Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't expect to get votes before posting the chapters so... thank you!! *hugs

Anyway hi! It's the first chapter and the songs put in this story are all OST of Taiwanese Drama In Time With You, starring Chen Bolin and Ariel Lin. Well after watching Song Ji Hyo and Chen Bolin's We Are in Love, I found myself rewatching ITWY and fell in love again!

@yunjaeaddicted : I didn't watch that movie before hehe but after I looked it up, yes I guess the plot is similar. Will watch that movie after this hehehe

The writing with italic is either a song lyric or flashback so I hope it won't confuse you! Happy reading :)

 

 

A boy with raven hair was happily playing his guitar in the garden of Kim mansion. The wind was pretty strong, but it was okay since he liked it when the wind blows strong straight to his face.

 

You said you’ll go around the world with me

We’ll be together till the end

Having you here protecting me, my heart is at ease

Once we held hands, the skies seem vast

 

The boy sang along the guitar with his smooth and beautiful voice though his guitar skil didn’t do his angelic voice any justice. He would hit some tunes wrongly as he’s a beginner still. However the chilling wind didn’t seem to bother him at all. He still sang the song with smile plastered on his flawless pale face.

 

That boy… Was me. Yeah, it was me actually. Kim Jaejoong. I’m one of Kim’s sons, the oldest in fact. I have two step brothers, Kim Heechul who is just months younger than me and Kim Changmin who is two years younger than me. Yes, you didn’t read it wrong. They’re my step brothers. My mom? My mom died in a car accident when I was 10 and later my father, the owner of Kim corporation, Kim Jong Kook married a widower Lee Kwang Ja, now Kim Kwang Ja who brought along his two sons. I’m enrolled in the same high school as Changmin and Heechul but…

 

“Kim Jaejoong!!”

 

That’s my cue! Yes, whenever I hear them calling out my name, I need to rush over as soon as possible or else they’ll beat me up. I don’t know how many times Kwang Ja ssi has beaten me up, especially since my father is rarely home. He flies here and there to manage our Kim corporation’s branch. Do I sound like a Cinderella? Perhaps. If I do, then there’s one thing that I lack…

A prince charming.

 

“Yes, Heechul?” I asked as I found him standing with his arms on his hips, tapping his foot in annoyance.

 

“Do my math work and finish it by tonight!” He said before pointing the pile of math book on the dining table. Oh God. Isn’t that the summer holiday homework? How come he hasn’t done any of it?

 

I sighed at the work I need to do and know what? The better news is, tomorrow’s the first day of school which means that those works are due tomorrow. Great, Kim Jaejoong.

 

I dragged my feet towards the book, reaching for them lazily before I could hear Changmin who was watching the TV called out, “Jaejoong hyung. Buy me a popcorn please!”

 

Well there’s one similarity about the two brothers, which is they are both bossy. But the difference is, Heechul is lazy and he will order me to do everything for him, doing laundry with hands, doing homework, cleaning his shoes, and much more. Changmin? He does order me around but only to satisfy his cravings, like cooking in the middle of night and running here and there to buy him snacks.

 

“I thought I’ve bought three packs this afternoon, Changmin.”

 

“You mean these?”

 

My eyes widened as he held up three empty popcorn cases and grinned at me, “I ate it all up hehehe…”

 

I just shook my head and grabbed my coat before heading out to the nearest convenience store. Oh Changmin you’ve never changed. Changmin eats a lot and it’s just much more than what you can imagine, seriously. He eats a lot that you may be speechless just seeing that. I can’t see how he could eat all the three popcorn just now.

 

I had five packs of popcorn on my hands. Well I hope this will not be up that quick so that I can stop finding snacks for Changmin in the middle of night. But that just seems impossible.

 

It was nine pm when I exited the convenience store. It was pretty crowded on the way to home. I wonder why?

 

I asked people nearby and they said the road was blocked since there was an inspection at nearby pub. Oh great. Just when I need to return quickly, I have to face this now. I had no choice but to walk down the dark alley if I want to reach home soon. Well all I wanted was reaching home fast, do Heechul’s homework and go to bed. I’m so sleepy now.

 

Just when I thought I was about to exit the alley, I could see two men with soju bottle on their grasps smiling towards me, with those creepy faces. Oh Kim Jaejoong can you not get into trouble just for one day?

 

“Beautiful boy, want to accompany us?”

 

I took a step back, not knowing what to do. However one of them grab my wrist and pull me closer, making me inhale their disgusting breath. Please… Someone please help me…

I could feel my body was pressed onto the wall and my left cheek caressed by the other. I’m so disgusted at this sight of me. I wanted to call out for help but I couldn’t find my voice. Only tears were gathering at the tip of my eyes, prepared to go out.

 

“Stop it!”

 

Just when I thought I was helpless, I heard it. Did I hear it wrong? Someone actually… Came to my rescue?

 

Though it’s blurry because of the tears on my eyes, I could see a young boy, around my age was in front of us, glaring at those two men.

 

“Who are you, young boy? Better go away if you don’t want to get into trouble!”

 

Without saying anything, that boy landed a punch at one of the men. Those men weren’t easy, but that boy was pretty strong too. He was able to avoid the punches coming to him and managed to knock those men out. He… He’s my savior.

 

Just when the two men lay on the ground, I could feel that boy coming towards me, grab my hand and ran away from the alley. Where? I don’t know where we’re going. But I know that this boy made me feel safe. I don’t care where he’s bringing me, but I know he’ll bring me to somewhere safe.

 

We panted hard as we stopped running. I guess those men aren’t chasing us now. I took this chance to look up to see the boy’s face who was panting as well.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked in a gentle low voice, causing me to blink several times. Did he care about me? Did he just ask if I was okay?

 

It has been long… Since there was someone who cared for me. Since my mother was dead, I had no one to lean on since my father is rarely home. It’s the first time ever since someone wanted to know if I was alright.

 

I just nodded in embarrassment.

 

“And, where do you live?” He asked, “I’ll take you home. It’s dangerous at night.”

 

I pointed to my neighborhood which is just near us now. Seeing that, the boy chuckled, “That’s funny. I live there too.”

 

He lives there too?

 

“Um… I’ve ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter