Chapter 2

Only You

The sun is barely visible by the time he leaves for home. The wind kisses his skin and brushes through his hair as the sharp sound of gravel beneath soothes him. The apartment block comes into view and he smiles at the thought of making a nice cup of tea and curling up in front of the TV. Entering the building, he climbs the stairs to his floor and barely has his key in the lock when a burst of laughter comes from the stairs he came from. Glancing to the side, he catches an eyeful of bleach blonde hair with a taller mess of auburn trailing behind. They stumble to the door at the end of the hall in a fit of giggle and the blonde figure, who Kyungsoo assumes is the new tenant, whips out his key and he, with the taller male still close behind, fall into the apartment and shut the door.

"Well…" Kyungsoo mutters under his breath and he enters his own apartment releasing a relieved sigh. With the kettle on and curtains closed, he shuffles into his bedroom and quickly changes into his pyjamas. The sound of the kettle whistling floods the room. He pours his tea and plops down on the sofa in front of the TV.

It's not a very big apartment, but it's all Kyungsoo needs. The front door opens into a small hallway which leads to a conjoining living area and kitchen with a tiny island in the middle. Opposite the kitchen, beside the living area, a small balcony is situated beside a double-glazed window. As you walk straight ahead, a small corridor leads to Kyungsoo's bedroom on the right, a spacious closet on the left and a bathroom at the very end of the hall, which he doesn’t find necessary due to his en-suite.

Just as he was about to close his eyes, a loud booming sounds springs him awake. Music is being played obnoxiously loud and he doesn’t have to guess where it's coming from. Setting his now cold tea down, he gets up and leaves for the apartment at the end of the hall. The music gets louder as he draws nearer and it causes him to bang with all his might on the door.

After a few seconds, the door is replaced by a blonde figure,

"Yes?" The blonde questions, tapping his fingers against the frame impatiently. His hair standing out in all directions and a shirt that might as well be transparent, revealing a perfectly toned set of abs. He wears a pair of black, almost leather looking pants that hugs his body nicely and Kyungsoo swears he looks a lot older than he is.

"Could you maybe turn that down a little? It's quite disturbing." Kyungsoo crosses his arms and tries to be as polite as possible.

The blonde raises an eyebrow and looks Kyungsoo up and down, "Disturbing? I've heard no other complaints."

Kyungsoo sighs and drops his arms, "Look, can you just keep it down a little? Please?"

The blonde's lips work into a smirk, "We're almost done here, then you'll get your peace and quiet."

Before Kyungsoo has a chance to reply, he comes face to face with the door.

"Fine." He says, turning on his heels, trying to drown out the aggravating music behind him.