Chapter 1

Only You

Sunlight drifts in through the semi-closed shades, rays creating paths in every direction. They bounce off the faded walls and rest on the worn out carpet below. The birds outside sing their regular song and the day starts off as every other.

The piercing sound of the alarm on the bedside table wakes Kyungsoo with a jolt. Two years with the same sound each morning and he's still not used to it. Reaching over with a groan, he manages to silence the screeching menace. Without opening his eyes, he rolls across the double mattress and fumbles around for his phone. The blinding light forces him to squint and red dots take over his vision. When he adjusts to the brightness, he crawls out of his sheets and stumbles into the bathroom. Clasping the sides of the ceramic sink with both hands, he stares at himself in the mirror.

His chestnut hair is tossed all over his head like a fresh salad and sleep has formed at the corners of his eyes. Truthfully, he looks terrible, which is odd considering he's usually a morning person. Filling the sink with ice- cold water, he grabs a clean towel from the cupboard and folds it on the toilet seat. he washes his face and, thankfully, it makes him look more alive. With just enough time to shower, he does so and is dried and dressed in a time of 14 minutes. Not bad compared to his usal half hour.

His apartment is located on the fourth floor of a twelve story building, and he has a perfect view of the streets of Seoul far in the distance. It isn't so noisy, however, as he's not in the centre of the city, more on the outskirts.

Kyungsoo releases a sigh and throws on his jacket, leaving the apartment. As he closes the door and makes his way towards the stairs, he notices the room at the end of the hall lying open with towers of boxes stacked outside.

"Newcomer." He mumbles and heads downstairs and outside. Most of his day is spent at work in a local bookshop from 9 right through 5, with a lunch break between of course. Almost 8 hours of stacking books, dealing with unsatisfied customers and listening to his boss complain about his failed marriage once again. It's not all bad. In between everything when he has a little time to himself, he writes in a notebook. One day he wishes to gain enough courage to quit his lowly job and become a successful writer. Hopefully.