Chapter 7

Only You

The rest of the night consists of the two of them in a tangled mess on the sofa watching an action movie. The only sounds to be heard is the noise of the TV and their breathing working at a steady pace. Kyungsoo doesn't even realize he's been dozing off when he feels a light tap on his shoulder,

"I think I'll take off, it's late and you look like you're about to drop."

They untangle themselves and Kyungsoo clears his throat, watching Jongin gather his things, "Yeah, but uh," He furrows his brows and moves his gaze to the ground, "If you want to spend the night, you know, since you're already here and-"

"I'd like that." Jongin smiles and Kyungsoo's face lights up,

"Great! I mean good, it's a lot easier, I guess, I'll get you pyjamas and then-"

"Soo, I just live down the hall, I could get my own ,you know." Jongin chuckles at Kyungsoo's heating face,

"Right, right, you could get your own then."

"But since I'm already here, it would be pointless to go away then come back again."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and walks towards his bedroom. He fumbles through his drawers and pulls out an oversized tee and sweatpants. He goes back to Jongin and hands them over,

"I'll bring you out a pillow and blanket, I think the sofa's really comfy to sleep on."

Jongin forms an 'o' shape with his mouth, "Oh, the sofa. Right."

Kyungsoo tilts his head and frowns at the other, "Is that okay?"

Jongin waves heis hands, "Yeah, yeah, no it's fine. I just thought I'd be sleeping in with you." He plays with the nightwear in his hands and Kyungsoo goes bright red for what seems like the hundredth time that night,

"Well, if you want to-"

"Okay!" The taller man beams and bounces into the bedroom with a chuckling Kyungsoo following behind. They get changed and Kyungsoo cant help but look at how well Jongin looks in his clothes. He steals a couple more glances before they hop into the bed and curl under the sheets.

"Wow your beds comfortable." Jongin says, fixing the sheets around him,

"It is." Kyungsoo laughs, and he reaches over and turns off the light.

Within minutes, Jongin's out-cold and Kyungoo turns on his side to admire the other's sleeping face. His hair falls slightly over his left eye so Kyungsoo reaches out and fixes it back in place. The other stirs at his touch, but doesn't wake up.

In this moment of time, Kyungsoo can't help but smile a subtle smile. He never would have thought he'd end up like this, here, with Jongin. He finds it sad that the other boy doesn’t have everything he wants, because he sure deserves it. Yes, at the start he was cold and judge-mental, but as Kyungsoo got to know him, he found out that he's way more. He has a side he hasn’t opened up to Kyungsoo about yet, he can tell. But in time as they go on, he hopes to find out and hopefully be able to do the same in return.

 

--     

                                                

Sunlight drifts in through the semi-closed shades, rays creating paths in every direction. They bounce off the faded walls and rest on the worn out carpet below. The birds outside sing their regular song and the day starts off as every other.

Except this time its different.

Kyungsoo's eyes flutter open and try to adjust to the morning light. A stir in the bed beside him causes him to gasp in shock, until he remembers that Jongin stayed the night. The blonde doesn't wake and instead, rolls over on his side giving Kyungsoo a clear view of his back.

He sighs and glances at his watch, groaning at the fact that he has to be at work in half an hour.

Spending a few more seconds engulfed in the sheets, he finally gets up to get ready. Being as quiet as possible, trying not to wake Jongin, he pulls on a pair of faded jeans and a tee-shirt whilst searching frantically for his shoes.

"Going out?" Jongin asks, the sudden voice creating a yelp from Kyungsoo.

He places his hand over his chest and clears his throat, "God, I thought you were sleeping, don't do that."
Jongin snickers, props himself upwards and raises his eyebrows, "You're not exactly, light on your feet. So you are leaving?"

Kyungsoo locates his shoes poking out from under the bed and whips them out, sitting on the edge to put them on, "I have work, I can't miss anymore days, I need the money. Besides I wasn’t going to just leave. If you weren't up when I was leaving, I would have left a note."

Jongin reaches over and the other's hair, "A note. How sweet." He mutters sarcastically, gaining a frown from Kyungsoo.

"I won't be gone long, plus I'll see you when I get back."

"Actually no, I'm teaching later, and it'll probably run on late again, so I wont see you."

Kyungsoo tries not to show his disappointment and nods instead, "Oh, well, next time we're free, I guess."

Jongin bites his lips and lowers his gaze, only to jump back up just as fast, " Come with me!"

Kyungsoo blinks in surprise and he his head to the side, "Wh-what- I don’t know…"

"Please? You can drop by after work, it'll only be for a short while."

After pondering the thought, he agrees and receives a bear hug and a quick kiss from Jongin.

Before leaving, he warns Jongin about locking up when he goes and gets a million eye rolls in return. He can't help but walk away with a wide-spread grin on his face.

 

--

 

What was supposed to be a short while escalated to become the rest of the night. Kyungsoo interacted with all the other dancers, a few of which he remembered from Jongin's party. To his surprise, there were very little girls and the majority were guys. He met Jongin's bestfriend, Sehun, and was a little shocked he hadnt been mentioned before, but Sehun explained to her that Jongin likes to keep certain aspects of his life private.

He didn't get to see a lot of Jongin's dancing because the other was busy mentoring younger dancers.

The highlight of that night, however, was when Jongin introduced Kyungsoo to everyone as his boyfriend. The two hadnt exactly talked about what they were, but Kyungsoo didn’t object to the title, if anything he was relieved Jongin brought it up.

--

The weekend finally comes around after what seems like forever and Kyungsoo hasn't been able to get in contact with Jongin the past few days. He's gone to his apartment and phoned him multiple times with no luck.

He paces around the room, glancing at the small card resting on top of the TV from Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the words 'happy birthday' scribbled inside.

The sun has disappeared and the sky bears colours from pink to orange. He strides over to the balcony doors and pushes them open, being embraced by the cool night breeze. Lights from the city in the distance glow like Chinese Lanterns flying off into the night. He's thankful the city buzz doesn’t reach his ears and is instead replaced by the soft whisper of the wind.

He sighs deeply, taking one last look at the scenery before dropping back inside and falling on the sofa. Soon, it becomes challenging for him to keep his eyes open, so it doesn’t take too long for sleep to take him away.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where's Jongin?!?! weird huh...hmmm........ hope youre enjoying it and dont forget to subscribe and comment! HAVE A GREAT DAY MY LOVELIES!!!!!!