Chapter 4

Only You

Since Jongin moved in, his and Kyungsoo's paths had crossed at least four times. Be it on the stairs, or when Kyungsoo returns home, giving a quick nod to the boy bringing home another guy. The music isnt as loud anymore, but it's still annoying.

They meet for the fifth time when there's a knock at Kyungsoo's door. He opens it to find Jongin standing with his hands in a dark, faded denim jacket, nicely complimenting the pair of brown jeans he wears.

"Hey, I'm having a sort of party tonight. Some friends are coming over and I didn’t think it would be fair to have you sit and listen to it. What do ya say?"

Kyungsoo blinks in surprise and gives a slight nod causing Jongin to smirk, "Great. You can bring someone, also, if you want. I doubt you'll know anyone there, so."

Kyungsoo clears his throat and replies a little louder than intended, "Yeah, sure."

"See you at 8, then." Jongin tilts his head and walks back down the hall, turning for the stairs.

Kyungsoo closes the door and leans his back against it, "8. Okay."

Phoning Baekhyun and asking him to the party, he agrees and he hurriedly hopes to find something to wear.

--

Jongin was right when he said Kyungsoo wouldn’t know anyone else. He didn’t. He and Baekhyun showed up at 8 and were welcomed by an open door and blasting music. They played it safe, clothing wise. Baekhyun wore a blue checkered shirt with denim jeans and Kyungsoo, a plain white tee with his favourite black skinny jeans.

"There's like 20 people here." Baekhyun shouts over the music, watching everyone in awe.

"You've been to plenty of parties, stop putting your face like that." Kyungsoo laughs, receiving a playful slap from Baekhyun.

"So where's this nightmare neighbor of yours?"

"I don't actually know." Kyungsoo scans the room and his eyes fall on a blonde figure at the side. He's talking with a guy Kyungsoo doesn’t recognise, surprise surprise, and he's wearing a white shirt that clings to his body almost too perfectly with jeans just a shade darker than Kyungsoo's.

Kyungsoo forgets that he's staring when Baekhyun snaps him out of it.

"Is that him?" He gestures towards Jongin and Kyungsoo nods,

"Yeah, that's him."

Baekhyun frowns and glances back and forth between the two, a large grin growing on his face, "You like him."

Kyungsoo's eyes widen and his jaw drops, "What? Are you crazy? I do not!"

"Come on, stop acting innocent and just admit it! You do, you like him."

Kyungsoo's face heats up and he grits his teeth together, "I don’t. I. Don’t."

"Whatever, I know you do, anyways. Oh, he's coming over."

Kyungsoo whirls around and sure enough, Jongin has left his guy and is making his way over, "You made it. Who's your friend?" He crosses his arms and leans to the side.

"This is, uh, Baekhyun. Baekhyun, this is Jongin."

Baekhyun nods and smiles, "Nice to meet you."

Jongin raises an eyebrow and a small smile grazes his lips, "Yeah, you guys have fun, okay?" He makes eye contact with Kyungsoo a split second before he leaves.

"He's very rude. Maybe not rude, but sassy. I don’t' know, a good bad, if that made sense." Baekhyun shakes his head and Kyungsoo perks up,

"No he's not, that's just how he is, he speaks his mind and doesn't take crap, I guess."

Baekhyun laughs, "You so like him."

"I do not!"

"Let's just enjoy the party then, okay? We're 21 and we're acting 5."

"Whatever." They drop the subject and join in the dancing with everyone else.

 

--

                                  

By the time Kyungsoo gets home, he already knows he isnt going to make it in to work tomorrow, or later that day, even. Baekhyun left at the same time as Kyungsoo and they didn’t see Jongin for the rest of the party.

Kyungsoo doesn't even bother to get changed and just drops down on the bed. It isn't long until sleep takes him away.

--

A few hours later, he's awoken by the sound of birds outside his window. Accepting the fact that he won't get back to sleep, he gets up and heads out to make breakfast. Glancing at his calendar, he remembers that Baekhyun and Chanyeol are coming over later for drinks. The three of them havent been together in a while so he's looking forward to it.

He phones in sick to work and curses under his breath when he forgets about the eggs in the pan. As he hasn't got any eggs left, he resolves to going to the café down the street.

Getting changed and locking his door, he's about to head downstairs when he notices a male figure sitting with his back against their door.

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asks, cocking his head to the side.

Jongin looks up and flicks his hand, "Yeah. Lost my key so I'm waiting on the replacement," He glances at his watch and twitches his lips, "which isnt going to be here for another hour." Sighing, he drops his head back against the door.

Kyungsoo's eyes widen and he gulps, "Well, I'm heading out for breakfast if you want to come, or you don't have to if you don't want to."

Jongin looks him in the eyes and appears to be considering Kyungsoo's offer, "Sure, better than sitting around here, right?" He jumps to his feet and they walk down the stairs and towards the café.

When they reach there, Kyungsoo orders a hot cross bun and Jongin orders a bagel. They take a seat near the back of the café and try to get to know eachother.

"So what do you do? Like do you have a job or something?" Kyungsoo asks, biting into his bun.

"I'm a dance teacher. I work at a dance studio about a mile away, and by dance studio, I mean it's pretty much run down, and by work, yeah I don't get paid."

Kyungsoo stares for a few seconds and his mouth forms an 'o' shape, "Oh. But if you don't get paid, then how - you know - with rent and stuff-"

"I have a real part-time job on the side. It's not much, but I'm still alive, right?"

They laugh it over and Kyungsoo tells Jongin a bit about himself. He tells him about the bookstore, about his love for writing, and also a bit about Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun was there last night, right?" Jongin asks.

"Yeah, so you two have already met."

"He seems nice. Does he get excited a lot?"

"All. The. Time." Kyungsoo groans and rolls his eyes sarcastically, "That reminds me. They're coming over to my place later, do you want to join us? You don't have to stay long, if you want, that is-"

"I'd like that." Jongin cuts him off and Kyungsoo beams,

"Okay! It'll be fun, I promise."

"I'm sure it will."

They talk for a while longer and make their way back to their apartments where Jongin retrieves his new key.

"So I'll see you around 7?"

"Seven it is." Jongin confirms and disappears behind his door. Kyungsoo cant help but smile as he enters his own apartment and calls to alert Baekhyun and Chanyeol of their new guest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEELLLOOOO MY LOVELIES!! i only realized I forgot to add an authors note to my previous chapters! I just want to thank all of you who subscribed and enjoyed reading this so far, and for commenting! I really love reading comments so just a little tip im putting out there...

Also, I love reading your feedback on what you think so far and I will continue to upload daily:)

P.S are the chapters long enough or can I make them longer? What do ya think??