Chapter 3

Only You

"I swear, it's been a week and every night he brings home a new guy and the music's blaring until all hours!" Kyungsoo scoffs and sips at his hot chocolate that is almost freezing. He and his best friend Baekhyun are seated at a café just a few minutes from the book store.

"Why don't you just complain?" Baekhyun shrugs his shoulders.

Kyungsoo stares at him dumbfounded, "You don't think I've tried that? He always gives the same excuse of ' we are nearly done', they're never 'nearly done'!"

Baekhyun laughs at his friends complaining and shakes his head, "Maybe the music's up so loud to drown out the sound of them going at it."

"With a new guy every night? I find that hard to believe. And they couldn't be that loud. Plus I don't even think he's gay!"

"You don't know his story." They laugh and continue sipping over their drinks. The two don't get to go out as often anymore due to Beakhyun's new job. He works night shifts at the hospital and Kyungsoo rarely gets to see him.

"I came out to my parents today," says Baekhyun, a small smile grazing his lips, "They actually took it better than I thought."

"So they're okay with it?" Kyungsoo leans forward, keeping their conversation quiet as to avoid unwanted stares.

"Yeah, they said that they'll still love me, that I'm still their son and it doesn’t matter if I'm straight or gay."

"Well, at least they accept you. The last thing you need is them flipping out over it. Have you told them about Chanyeol?"

"No, not yet, I think I'm gonna leave that for a while, let everything else sink in first."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been dating for the past two months and finally made their relationship public. They met at the hospital as co-workers, before Baekhyun's shift was changed, that is. Anyone can tell they're perfect for each other when you get to know them, because otherwise, they look the complete opposite of each other. Chanyeol's bright red hair nicely complimenting Baekhyun's deep brown shade.

"Hey, why don't we all go out for drinks on Friday? It'll be fun, come on," Baekhyun begs and Kyungsoo finally gives in. "Great! we'll call you later!"

They finish off and wave goodbye, heading in opposite directions. Kyungsoo glances at his watch whilst standing at the foot of the apartment block stairs. Ten forty-five. He scowls at the thought of the blaring music once again. He reaches his floor, and to his surprise; quiet. No music. He mentally cheers and walks towards his apartment only to notice a bunch of flowers at the door. Picking them up, he reads the note sitting on top. ' Sorry for the noise, I'm done for a while anyways. Enjoy your peace and quiet - Jongin'

Kyungsoo lets out a tiny laugh and opens his door.

"Jongin." Placing the flowers in a vase beside his bed, he drops on the sheets and can't help but laugh every now and then.