- 002 -

e m o t i o n l e s s

 

 

 

 

 

Younghee walked to the rooftop to have her lunch in peace.

Something was different.

Ever since her eyes met with Kwon Soonyoung's, something changed. She continued to eat her lunch and go with her usual routine until lunch had ended.

Younghee arrived to class and sat in her seat. She waited patiently for the students to settle. She looked at the two boys infront of her, staring at her. She titled her head to the side a bit, signaling a 'may-I-help-you'?

"U-Uh..." Wonwoo turned to Jihoon. "He has something to say." Flustered, Jihoon gave Wonwoo a death glare. Soonyoung turned to Jihoon in confusion.

"U-Uh- I-" He rubbed the back of his neck, "I was wondering if we could be f-friends?" Soonyoung and Wonwoo widened their eyes at Jihoon's sudden random question. They all turned their attention to Younghee for a response. Instead of a 'yes,' she just gave a shrug.

"Tch, not even a nod..." Soonyoung mumbled. She gave him a glance, hearing what he just said.

Younghee gave a sigh from annoyance. She froze. From annoyance? Did she just feel annoyed. The three guys turned to Younghee when she suddenly stopped all of her actions midway. They gave each other weird looks after seeing her shake her head and continue what she was doing.

Class was as usual. Time passed by slowly for the three new students.

"I need three guy volunteers to help move some things from the storage room," the teacher announced. Hearing this, the first hands that shot up belong to Wonwoo, Jihoon, and Soonyoung. The teacher thought for a bit. "Since you three are new to this school, I'll have Younghee go along with you so she can show you where everything is and help out."

As soon as Younghee heard her name, she froze and widened her eyes in shock.

Wait, shock?

She looked up at the teacher. "You four may go. Just move the things from class 5-2 to the storage room on the ground floor." The three boys stood up first. Soonyoung gave Younghee a nudge, telling her to go with them.

The four walked up to the fifth floor, to room 5-2. "Do we seriously have to keep on going up and down five flights of stairs to move all of this stuff?!?" Wonwoo complained.

"Well it's better than learning about math." Jihoon shuddered at the thought of math.

"Let's just start moving things so we can get this over with." Soonyoung picked up a box and harshly bumped shoulders with Younghee.

The rest picked up a box and followed Younghee's lead to the storage room. After they remembered the path, they no longer had to follow her.

It was about an hour later and Younghee was in the room all alone. There were a few things that still needed to be moved, however they were big and heavy. She assumed the guys had just made it to the storage room, so she decided to move it by herself.

Younghee picked up the large heavy drum. The drum wasn't that far off the ground, nor did it travel very far. She could only lift it about three inches and take about five steps before putting it back down and continue to move and stop. Her eyes were set on the drum. It was going to take a while.

Younghee lifted the drum up one more time, however this time it was lighter. Way lighter. She looked up and met eyes with Wonwoo who smiled at her. "Need help?" he chuckled. She gave a slow nod, a bit shocked he actually was helping her. "Okay, let's go." The two worked together to bring the heavy drum to the storage room.

Wonwoo kept looking at Younghee and observed her features. He had to admit, she was pretty. Probably the prettiest girl he'd ever seen. There was something pure and refreshing about her, however the fact that she was emotionless made her dull and dark.

Jihoon and Soonyoung passed Wonwoo and Younghee on their way up to the classroom. Soonyoung kept looking at the two. For some reason, his blood boiled.

The school bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. The four finished moving all of the things in the nick of time. They made their way to the classroom to get their belongings and go home.

The boys followed Younghee down the stairs and to the enterance of the school.

"Hey!" Jeonghan waved his arms in the air to catch Soonyoung's, Jihoon's, and Wonwoo's attention. The four got closer and closer to the group of boys.

"Excuse me," Minghao called out to Younghee. She stopped her tracks and looked at him. The guys watched her actions, anticipating what she was going to do. "Y-You're shoe's untied." Minghao felt a bit intimidated from her blank stare. She glanced at her shoe and just continued walking.

Wonwoo left the group of guys and stepped infront of Younghee, blocking her path. She looked up and stared at him. The guys tuned in on the two. Wonwoo smiled at her, and bent down, tying her shoe laces. Younghee stared at him in shock. Nobody has ever acted this kind to her in such a long time. She began to get flustered.

Flustered.

Wonwoo stood back up and looked down at her, beaming. "Becareful, I don't want you to trip," he chuckled. She subconciously gave a nod. "Cute." Wonwoo ruffled her hair.

The guys were all shocked. Did Wonwoo really just do that? But most importantly, did Younghee just change? The aura around Younghee definately changed color, apart from the dull grayish haze that seemed to float around her.

"Wonwoo!" Hansol called.

"Ah, gotta go! Bye!" Wonwoo gave her a wave before leaving her, frozen and flustered.