- 003 -

e m o t i o n l e s s

It was the next day and Younghee was dead tired. The day before, her boss had made her clean the entire restaurant after closing hours. The restaurant she worked at was fairly large with many small crevases that needed serious cleaning. She missed her night shift at her second job which she'll most likely be getting fired for. And to add ontop of everything, the boss wasn't even going to give her extra pay for working past her shift, and cleaning the entire restaurant after hours - all by herself.

Not getting any sleep the night before, since she had arrived to her house at 5 am, Younghee was practically a zombie. She slowly and lifelessly walked the hallways of the school to her class and sat down. She buried her face in her arms on her desk, hoping not to be bothered by anyone.

The three boys were surprised at her actions. Jihoon kept talking while as Wonwoo and Soonyoung stayed quiet, staring at Younghee. Countless thoughts ran through their heads. Wonwoo slightly smiled and ruffled her hair a bit. Soonyoung glared at him.

"Ya!" Jihoon loudly whispered, "she'll wake up! Don't bother her!"

Wonwoo chuckled, "alright alright." Wonwoo turned back around and resumed his conversation with Jihoon. Soonyoung sighed and kept his eyes locked on Younghee's.

Class had started and Younghee still had her face buried in her arms on her desk. Class after class, she stayed the same. Almost lifeless. Soonyoung was surprised at how none of the teachers or students showed any concern for her. It was then lunch time and everyone began to exit the classroom. He turned to Younghee and thought about waking her up, however she seemed so peaceful sleeping. He brushed the hair away from her face and took a peak. Her dark circles were low and her face was pale. He was a bit taken back.

The sun beamed in her face. Soonyoung grabbed the books and opened it on the table, blocking the sunlight from bothering her. He stood up, about to leave, and stole one last glance at Younghee. She smiled lightly.

"Hey! You coming?" Seungcheol, who was passing by, asked.

"Y-Yeah! Coming!"

 

 

The day had come to an end and Younghee still hasnt woken up. Everyone was packing their bags, getting ready to go home. None of them payed any attention to her. The three, however, were getting worried.

"She hasn't woken up, at all," Wonwoo said.

"W-What if she's dead?" Jihoon questioned. Soonyoung smacked him.

"Don't say that!" He scoled.

"What! I'm just saying? Haven't you seen the drama 'School 2015'? A girl died in the classroom. They all thought she was sleeping and didn't wake her up."

Soonyoung's eyes grew wide. "Y-Younghee, Younghee!" He worriedly called, shaking her shoulder. Younghee shook her head in response. She slowly sat up, covering her face. "Thank goodness," the three exhaled.

"School's over Younghee," Wonwoo smiled, "I'll pack your bag for you." Wonwoo and Jihoon began to pack her bag while as Soonyoung just stared at her. "Alright, we're all set! I'll carry your bag for you until you leave."

"Let's go," Jihoon spoke. The three stood up, watching Younghee's steps. She slowly stood up, however was unsuccessful and almost fell, Soonyoung catching her before she got hurt.

"Are you okay??" Soonyoung was worried. Younghee tried to regain her balance, but couldn't.

"Here, I'll help you walk," Jihoon offered. He stood by her side and put her hand on his shoulder, putting his hand on her farther shoulder for more support. "I don't think we've- or um, I've properly introduced myself yet. Hi, I'm Jihoon." He smiled. She gave him a small nod. "Alrighty, let's start walking shall we?" Jihoon asked. He slowly progressed forward, making sure Younghee was okay. Wonwoo held Jihoon's and Younghee's bags and walked ahead of them. Soonyoung walked behind the two in case Younghee fell backwards.

Jihoon was considerate of Younghee and took small breaks every now and then. Finally reaching the school's front courtyard, they were met with weird looks. Especially from the group of boys waiting for them. Younghee felt uncomfortable, so she stopped walking and stepped away from Jihoon, making him stop and look at her and Soonyoung bump into the girl.

Younghee let out a small whimper from the sudden crash. Soonyoung caught himself in time and luckily didn't knock her over. "Sorry," Soonyoung quickly apologized. He felt her tense up since his arms subconsiously wrapped around her. Quickly letting go, both their faces started to pinken.

"Oh? What's this?" Wonwoo smiled, pointing at Younghee's face, "You're so cute when you're blushing Younghee." Mingyu sighed and smacked the back of the boy's head. "Ow!" he exclaimed, "What was that for???"

"Mosquito," Mingyu sarcastically spat. As the two started to argue, Younghee tugged onto Jihoon's sleeve. He looked at her pointing to herself, then the enterance. Understanding what she meant, he began to walk her to the enterance.

"Do you need me to walk you home Younghee? I'm concerned you won't be safe," Jihoon asked. She motioned to herself and held an 'okay' sign. He sighed. "No, I really don't have a good feeling about this. Maybe one of the guys can drive you home. I'll ask Soonyoung. SOONYOUNG~AH!" Younghee shook her head, trying to convince Jihoon she was okay, but Soonyoung had already made his way over and Jihoon had already started explaining.

"Sure," Soonyoung smiled. He fished his phone from his pocket and opened up the GPS. "You can put your address in." He handed the phone to Younghee as she started at it in amazement. It wasn't the fact that it was a phone that surprised her- she knew what a phone was- but the fact that it was the most high tech she's seen was something to be amazed about. After inputting her address, the three made way to Soonyoung's car. His luxury car to be specific. Seeing all of these things made Younghee wonder how rich Soonyoung was.

Younghee sat in the back while Soonyoung drove and Jihoon occupied the passenger seat. There was no talking, but the car definately wasn't silent. Jihoon's singing occompanied by loud music filled the car. Younghee smiled at his voice, it was just absoloutely amazing. After about 15 minutes of driving, they had finally reached the builing in which Younghee lived in.

"I'll walk you in," Soonyoung offered as they both got out of the car. Younghee shook her head, gave a small bow as a thank you, and a smally sweet smile before walking to the back of the building. Soonyoung somehow didn't have a good feeling in his gut, so he decided to follow her.

He was really confused as why she didn't enter the building. She walked to the very back of the complex and walked up the stairs to the rooftop. He silently followed closely behind. There was a tiny puddle of water from the rain two days earlier on a step. Not being careful enough, Younghee slipped. Thanks to Soonyoung's quick reflexes, she was able to save herself from what could've been a severe concussion. He let out a small chuckle. "Glad I was here?" She slowly nodded. "I really don't trust you walking up these stairs alone." He spoke as he helped her make her way up. Once they both reached the rooftop, Soonyoung froze for a second after his eyes met with what looked like a tiny room on the rooftop. No wait, it was more like a shed.

Younghee noticed his reaction, and felt ashamed of herself. She took a step away from him and bowed, avoiding eye contact, the scurried inside.