- 004 -

e m o t i o n l e s s

Several weeks passed and Younghee was beginning to get used to the three boys. The other 10? Not so much yet

All 12 of the boys were aware of Wonwoo's actions towards Younghee. They all knew he liked her. Did she know? Not at all. She just thought he was being friendly.

Although Soonyoung had nothing to do with any of it, he felt himself getting angry whenever Younghee's name came out of Wonwoo's mouth or whenever he saw the younger hanging around her. Soonyoung unknowlingly began to act rude to Younghee.

"Soonyoung," Jihoon called.

"Hm?" Soongyoung answered.

"Can you put this pen back in Younghee's pencil pouch? I don't want to wake her up." Soonyoung took the pen, and turned to quietly put it away, however he caught Wonwoo staring at her, smiling like an idiot. His anger grew and he ended up harshly tossing the pen onto her desk, hitting Younghee as it bounced. Younghee sat up and winced, holding her right cheek. All 3 boys' eyes widened.

Wonwoo removed her hand and they saw a bright red scratch. "I'll take you to the nurse, let me go tell the teacher real quick," Wonwoo got up and left. Soonyoung stared at her, guilty.

"Y-Younghee, I-I'm so sorry I-,"

"Alright Younghee, let's go," Wonwoo helped her up and the two left to the nurse.

"What was that for?!?!?" Jihoon asked the elder.

"I-"

"All I wanted you to do was put the pen back in her pouch without waking her up! Yet you go and throw the pen and wake the girl up!" Jihoon nagged.

"I know, I'm a horrible person," Soonyoung groaned as he buried his face in his arms.

 

Wonwoo and Younghee reached the nurse's office. Since there was no nurse present at the moment, Younghee just sat on the bed and waited for Wonwoo to find a bandaid. After several minutes of rumaging through drawers, Wonwoo finally found one. He kneeled down infront of Younghee and looked up at her. He used his hand to brush the hairs out of her face and carefully put the bandage on the scar. He softly smiled and caressed her cheek.

 

Soonyoung came running to the nurse's office to deliver a message to the two. He froze in his spot when he found Wonwoo kneeling on the ground, and caresing Younghee's cheek. He could tell she was uncomfortable. Younghee looked around the room, unsure of what to do. Her eyes met with Soonyoung's, screaming a 'help-me'. Soonyoung cleared his throat, making Wonwoo fall on his bottom.

"W-We have the rest of the day off. The teacher had an emergency." Younghee nodded and Wonwoo felt embarrassed. Younghee stood up and quickly walked out, Wonwoo trying to catch up to her.

As soon as the 3 had gotten into the classroom, Jihoon had already packed all of their bags. Well, only Younghee's.

"You didn't pack our bags for us?" Soonyoung asked.

"I did," Jihoon spoke.

"Um, then why is my stuff still out? I asked you to pack our bags."

"I did. I packed our bags as in mine and Younghee's because Younghee is my favorite." Jihoon walked up to Younghee, leaving both of their packed bags on the table. He slung his arm around Younghee and saluted 'goodbye' to the boys before walking out the door with her.

Jihoon didn't want to admit it, but he was paranoid whenever Younghee walked by herself. She looked so weak and fragile and he felt like he needed to assist her so she wouldn't get carried away by the wind.

All 4 of them finally met up at the front enterance.

"I'll drive you home Younghee," Soonyoung insisted.

"Wait, don't you have to do something with Seokmin afterschool?" Wonwoo asked.

"Oh shoot, you're right. I can still drive her home though."

"You both stay here, I'll walk Younghee home today." Jihoon said. The two boys looked shocked.

"I'll come with you!" Wonwoo offered.

"Don't you have that thing with Mingyu today?"

"Ugh, you're right."

"Alright, see you boys tomorrow." Jihoon gave another casual salute and started walking Younghee home. The walk was quiet, so Jihoon began to softly hum a song, loud enough for Younghee to hear. He caught her smiling a tiny bit at the corner of his eye.

Jihoon's stomach began to growl. "I'm hungry," he pouted. He looked around at his surroundings. "Wanna grab some food real quick? Please? I'm STARVING!" Younghee gave a small shrug as Jihoon cheered. "Yay! Ooh! That looks good! Let's go get some!" The two walked into an italian restaurant and Jihoon ordered big plate of pasta for the two to share.

"So, how's life?" Jihoon asked. Younghee thought for a moment, then gave a 'so-so' signal with her hand. "Kinda slow right now huh?" She nodded. "Yeah, honestly same. I've been working on writing a new song, and I'm really blocked up right now. I've been waiting for some inspiration to come hit me in the back of my head but so far, nothing."

Younghee grabbed a notbook and a pen from her backpack and ripped out a paper. On it, she wrote, "if you take a step back and relax, it'll sure come to you soon," and handed it to him. He read her writing, nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, you're right. I've been so stressed about this that I probably should just relax and enjoy the moment instead of just waiting for it to hit me."

 

Younghee stepped out of the shower. The rain pounded loudly on her roof. There was loud knocking on the door. Younghee was kind of scared to open. Who would come up here?

Cautiously, she opened the door, revealing a panting, drenched Soonyoung. It looked as if he had been crying, however the raindrops on his face made it hard to tell.

Younghee widened her eyes and quickly pulled him inside, closing the door behind him to prevent the rainwater coming inside. Younghee stared at him. He stared back, until he quickly pulled Younghee into an embrace. He buried his face in her wet hair, fragrant from the shampoo, and started to cry. Younghee instinctively began to comfort him.

After, he had calmed down, Younghee loosened the embrace, causing him to look up at her. She pointed at him, and pointed to the bathroom. He was confused. Since he wasn't familiar with her house, he didn't know what she was pointing to.

"Huh?" she pointed again. "H-huh? You want that book?" She shook her head.

"Sh-show-wer," she softly spoke, almost inaudiable. He widended her eyes, still confused, but a bit shocked.

"H-huh?"

She leaned close to him. "Sh-shower," she repeated. Soonyoung nodded in a daze, and walked to go take a hot shower.

After a few minutes, Soonyoung stepped out. His hair wet. He grabbed the towel Younghee was holding earlier and snuck up behind her. Younghee jumped when he started to dry her hair.

"You'll catch a cold if you don't dry your hair properly," he smiled. He pulled her to sit on the bed and continued to dry her hair until it was mostly dry. Younghee continued to search for what she was searching for earlier.

Younghee took a seat next to Soonyoung on the bed with a whiteboard and marker in her hand. "Not to be rude or anything... but why are you here?" She wrote.

"Ah, it's kind of a complicated story."

"Go on, only share if you're comfortable though."

"Well, my parents are the CEOs of a really big company, Kwon Enterprise. To expand the company even further, they want to put me in an arranged marriage."

"Arranged marriage?"

"Yeah, an arranged marriage. I really don't want to live my life that way. I want to marry the person I love and be able to live with whoever makes me happy for the rest of my life than to be married to a complete stranger. I don't really care if it's for the company or not. I just want to live my life, you know? So today, when my parents came home from their 3 month busniess trip in China, they brought up the matter and we kind of... fought."

"Ahh... I see... is there anything I can do to help?"

"Um, I know this may seem weird but, can I stay here for a couple of days?" Younghee widened her eyes. "You see, if I stay at home, my parents are going to set up the marriage and if I go to one of the guys' house... well, I just can't let them know about this."

"I guess it'll be okay..."

"Really??!? Thank you so much Younghee!" Soonyoung picked her up and spun her around.

"S-Soonyoung" she quietly spoke. He stopped and stared at her, enchanted by her voice. She picked up her whiteboard and marker again and wrote: "I only have one bed though, so I hope you don't mind. I'll sleep on the floor. I also have work and come back pretty late so, if you need anything, feel free to use anything in this house and be comfortable."

"Wait, you're leaving to work right now?" Soonyoung felt sad. She nodded. "Where's your work place? With this storm, I don't think it's safe for you to go to work. Let me check something real quick." She wrote down the two locations of work she had that night. Soonyoung did something on his phone and spoke, "Hi, this is a member of Kwon Enterprise, I'm here to call to inform that your employee Ahn Younghee will not be able to go to work today, due to an arrangement by Kwon Enterprise."

Younghee stared at him in shock. "What was that for?!?!?" She wrote.

"Hey, it's way too dangerous to go out there right now okay? I doubt they'll have busniess with this storm going on too!"

"But I need the money!" Soonyoung sighed. He took the whiteboard out of her hands and held it high into the air. Younghee jumped to try and retrieve it back. Soonyoung kept taking steps back, and Younghee followed. Soonyoung tripped backwards and fell onto the bed, accidently dragging Younghee down with her.

Younghee was ontop of Soonyoung. Both of their faces a mere 5 centimeters apart. They stared into each other's eyes.

"S-Soonyoung-"

"Don't move-"