Twenty Six

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is going on in front there?" I.M frowned just as he was stuck in traffic. 

He turn to his phone on it's stand and press speed dial for your number for the hundredth time. As always he puts you on speaker. He leaned back his head on the headrest and focuses on the ringing. He wasn't as worked up as before cause at least he knows that you're safe. Even if he haven't met Irene Kim in person but judging from the number of Facetimes he had with you, she's the one you'll always talk about. Well her and those two other girls that you hang out with.

"The number that you have dialed is unavailable. Please leave a message after tone" the robot lady answered.

I.M sighed and merely ended the call before he speed dial you once more. He then released the brakes slightly as the car in front of him moved. It really has been a hectic night. With the whole ordeal of Kihyun not getting married still infuriates him. He didn't know what the codes we're going to be used for what reason exactly, I.M just thought that someone found out about CEO Yoo's crimes and were going to threaten the family about it. However imagine I.M's surprise when he sees Kihyun smirking at his father's predicament.

"That hyung really is not in his right mind" I.M muttered but flinched when he heard his call being declined.

"Wait, hold up" he frowned before pressing dial and waited. But sure enough it was declined on the second ring.

Something's wrong. Even though you hadn't answered his call the whole day, he was still at least left to voicemail. This time he picks up his phone from the stand and pressed it to his ear. Again, the usual ringing could be heard but this time the caller picked up.

"Joo-"

"She's with me so stop calling her" the caller said before hanging up right after.

I.M put down his phone slowly before letting out a scoff in disbelief.

"Yoo Kihyun you bastard" he growled gripping onto his steering wheel and swerve into the emergency lane before he dials for the one person who would know exactly where you might be.

 

-At the same time-

 

Kihyun stared down to your phone and without a second thought turned it off. He then hid it behind his back before sliding the door open to the ward you were currently in. Inside he could still hear the supermodel nagging at you while she dries your hair using the hospital towel.

"I swear my heart was going to leap out of my chest when I saw you running out in the streets like that! Do you have any idea how pissed off I was that Demian kept telling me not to run after you? He said you'd be fine and you're big girl and you know what you're doing-" she rambled on just as you soften at how worried your friend looked.

Kihyun took the opportunity of the both of you being distracted and slipped back your phone in your coat pocket that was draped over the nearest sofa. He had taken it without you knowing and finally silenced it after the constant vibrations he was hearing earlier. All of a sudden the door behind him slides open wider and walks in the doctor with Demian in tow.

"Ms Lee Joohyun" the doctor called as he lifts his head from the clipboard he was holding to look at you on the bed.

"Here" you piped raising your hand.

"Tell us doctor. Don't you think she needs a CT scan for her outrageous behavior earlier? I mean who runs in the pouring rain like that??? And not to mention the part where she almost got hit by a car in the process" Irene fumed glaring at you.

"I said I was sorry" you half pouted ducking slightly at her glare.

"Calm down Ms Kim. Fortunately no CT scan is needed. Ms Lee just needs to rest for a while. I believe she's been through a lot lately considering the fact she had an anaphylactic shock recently" the doctor pointed out as he read it off from the clipboard he was holding.

"You had what?!" Irene burst out turning to face you.

"It was peanut oil.. I didn't check first.. my bad.." you meekly explained.

"Oh for Heaven's sake Jellybean. I think I'm going to have panic attack because of you" she sighs fanning herself.

"Would you like your inhaler Ma'am?" Demian offered ready to get her medication form her lime green purse on the table.

"It was sarcasm Demian. Keep up please" Irene clucks before turning her attention back to the doctor "So doctor does she need to stay for the night or what?"

"I'm fine really" you assured sitting up.

"Excuse me, the last time I checked you're not the doctor are you, so lay back" she quipped pushing you back onto the bed.

"Ms Lee Joo hyun just needs to finish the IV drip that she's strapped to then she can go home when it does. Oh but you still need to collect some new epy pens before you go" the doctor reminded.

"I will doctor. Thank you so much" you sat up to half bow to the doctor.

"Yes. Yes. It really is no problem. Now if you could excuse me" he bows before leaving the ward.

"See. I told you it was unnecessary to bring me to the hospital" you meekly chirped but flinch as Irene turns to give you another glare.

"This conversation is not over. Now stay. I'll be right back" she warned walking towards the exit but paused when she realizes that Kihyun was standing at the side quietly.

Kihyun blinks up at the supermodel in wonder. It looked like the latter had a few thing to say to the current director but she thought better of it and merely shook her head and left the ward.

"Demian" you called for the foreign man earning both men's attention "I'm feeling kind of thirsty. Would you mind getting me some water?" you asks in English.

"Ah there's a pitcher of water right next to you. I'll pour you a cup" Demian comes next to you.

"Ah no. I mean coffee. I'd like some coffee please. You know the ones in the vending machine down the hall?" you piped.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter