Nineteen.

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You shivered before letting out a slight groan. Peeling your eyelids open you squint at the dimly lit room.

"Joohyun? You awake?" A voice asks making you to face right only to see your best friend by your side.

"Hey Changkyunnie" you rasps while smiling sleepily.

"Oh thank heavens!" I.M sighed squeezing onto your right hand "Do you have any idea how scared I was. I thought I-we've lost you" he mumbled at the end as he kissed your knuckles.

"I'm sorry" you soften and wanted to run your fingers through his hair but felt a tug on your left.

That's when you noticed you were attached to an IV drip which you find really unnecessary. You sat up slowly and touched the side of your head as you still feeling the after effects of the drowsiness.

"Take it easy. That doc said you shouldn't move much" I.M chided softly making you smile.

You started looking around the room. It looked like you were in one of those fancy suites. You felt the soft materials of the inclined sofa you were on and realised you were wearing a coat over your shoulders. Baffled you looked back at your best friend and sure enough he still had his coat on. Though his bowtie was missing which was no surprise there.

"It's that doc's coat" I.M answered before you could ask "He wore it over you before I could do anything" he grumbled making you to chuckle softly.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asks really concerned.

"Just peachy" you rasp again before clearing your throat.

"Here. Drink this" I.M quickly uncapped a bottle of water and fed you the drink himself.

You tilted your head willingly and gently push his hand when you had enough. Gulping the liquid thirstily, you were about to wipe your lips with the back of your hand when I.M beat you to it and used his sleeve instead.

"You're so sweet Changkyun" you giggled.

I.M smiled and curled your hair behind your ear. He started touching your cartilage butterfly earring that you were wearing on one side. You stared at him looking at you and soften. Taking hold of his hand you pressed your cheek onto his palm making him freeze.

"You must've been really shock huh?" You said almost in a pout "I'm sorry. I should've been more careful"

I.M searched your eyes. It was true. Seeing you all blue and not breathing earlier was absolutely frightening. It made him realise how precious it is to have you in front of him, especially right now when it’s just the both of you. He touched the space below your eye where the swelling had been. Holding his breath, I.M was about to lean in when the door slid open making him to pull back and drop his hand gently.

"Oh have you woken up?" the tall male asks as he brought with him what looked like a blanket.

"Yes" you nodded sheepishly.

"That's good to hear then. Here. I noticed you were slightly shivering earlier and thought you might need it" he handed you the blanket.

"Thank you" you bowed slightly as you accepted the grey material.

"Mrs. Lee asks for your assistance. Something about the epi pen that was used earlier?" He informed facing your best friend.

"Arraso. I'll be right back." I.M assured, squeezing your hand in his before heading for the door.

You watched as he walks across the room. Giggling you wave him off when you notice him hesitate to leave. He looked at you one more time before finally leaving the room. You shook your head at his behaviour and looked up at the man that was standing before you.

"I'm afraid we've never been properly introduced. My name is Yoo Ah In, Kihyun's older brother" he offered his hand towards you.

"Lee Joohyun. It’s nice to meet you doctor" you accepted his handshake.

"Aigoo I'm still in my last year of Houseman's ship. I don't deserve to be called by that title just yet" he chuckled.

"Still I'm very grateful as I assumed you were the one who gave me the epinephrine shot?" You guessed.

"Close but it was your friend back there who gave me your Epi pen. In the nick of time too" he added.

"Well that’s good to hear. It was my mistake. I should've been more careful" you sighed.

"It was unpredictable. No one saw it coming so no harm done. You're fine now that's all it matters" he assured with a smile "Here, allow me to check your pulse one more time" he offered taking the seat that I.M was in.

"Yes. Of course" you agreed as you gathered your lilac hair to one side.

"How are you feeling by the way? Do you still feel any itchiness in your throat?" He asks as he presses two of his fingers on the side of your neck.

"Not anymore" you shook your head.

"That's a relief. You've given us quite a scare Ms Joohyun" he informed "Even more when they won't allow me to call for the ambulance"

"Ah my apologies. I'm not really fond hospitals at night" you admitted.

"So I've heard" he chuckled "Your heart rate is more normal than before. But I still suggest you have a check-up at the nearest hospital tomorrow" he chide pulling his fingers back.

"I'll be sure to go" you nod sitting up straight.

"You better. I mean it's a good thing I have a bag of these things with me" he tapped the IV bag "But just to be safe you might need other treatments as well. Oh and you should get your Epi Pen replaced" he advised.

"I will. Thank you very much doctor" you half bowed.

Yoo Ah In smiled before turning quiet as he searched your face. Blinking and feeling a bit uncomfortable under his stare you called onto him.

"Is there something the matter doctor?"

"I still can't get my head wrapped around the fact that you're Chief Lee Jin Wook's daughter" he admitted smiling softly "The last time I saw you, you had brown pigtails instead of purple braids" he pointed out.

"That must be when I was in my first year of high school" you smiled.

"It must be so" he nodded "I wonder if it was also you when my brother told me that he likes the new girl in school when I picked him up that same year"

You blushed. It must've been you then since Kihyun had confessed to you by asking to be his date at his final year prom. Despite you being just a freshmen back then you already had all the attention. Apart from being a natural beauty at such a young age, hanging out with your brother's friends is also another reason why.

"My apologies. I didn't mean to pry. I had no intention whatsoever to cause you any form of distress" he apologised.

"No its alright" you assured "Just felt a bit nostalgic that’s all"

Yoo Ah In notices the slight slouch of your shoulders at your obvious disappointment. He smiled softly before tapping your knee gently, making you to lift your head up.

"You know. Ever since he dated you, Kihyun has been a changed man. I've never seen him be so serious in a relationship before. I'm sure you were well aware of his reputation" he smirked.

"Indeed I am" yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter