Eighteen.

Ex-Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you" I.M said as he thanked the server for the slice of cherry madness cake.

He looked down the array of desserts once more before looking back at the plate in his hand. Apart from the sponge cake, he had chosen the fancy looking rice cakes, a couple of cream puffs and also some macaroons. All in mini and bite able sized. He was about to ask for a slice of chocolate cake but thought against it when he noticed there were nuts in it.

"Excuse me but is there anything here at the buffet that contains peanuts?" He asks.

"No sir. We at the hotel are very strict when it comes to common food allergies. Peanuts included" the server explained diligently.

"Cool.Thanks" I.M nodded before turning towards where the tables are.

He was smiling to himself as he can't wait to see the look on your face when he brings you the desserts. He can already imagine you crooning over the size and the intricate decorations. I.M had just lifted his head when he noticed that his hyungs were already at their table standing, Minhyuk and Hyungwon included. He frowned. Was it just him or do they look a bit tensed.

"Hyung. Is something wrong?" he asks out loud making the everyone at the table to face him.

"Yah I.M. Isn't Joohyun with you?" Minhyuk asked wide eyed.

"No. She said she'll wait at the table" the younger answered surprise as he finally noticed that you weren't there.

". Where the hell is she?" Jooheon half growled looking around.

"And she even left her purse behind" Shownu sighed holding onto your clutch.

"Maybe she left" Hyungwon shrugged making everyone to turn to him wide eyed.

"Without her phone?" Shownu ridiculed.

"She did it before with you two" he continue pointing at Minhyuk and Wonho.

"Why I oughta-" Jooheon started to leave the table but was quickly held back by Wonho and Shownu.

"Okay buddy let's not jump into conclusions" Wonho glared at the taller who merely looked away.

"I'll go look for her. You guys stay here" I.M suggested as he placed the plate he got for you on the table.

"Yea good idea maknae. Here. Give it to her when you do" Shownu said as he tossed your clutch to the younger.

I.M nodded and started entering the crowd. It was a constant of excusing himself and apologizing as he walk through the people who were busy mingling. He even had to ducked once as a waiter almost knocked him with the tray of champagne he was holding. I.M huffed and straightened his coat.

"Where are you Joohyun?" He mumbled looking around.

 

-At the same time-

 

In a more private room that was connected next to the ballroom where everyone else was. The VIPs were being escorted to their tables. You however were being pulled by the petite heiress as she made a beeline towards the only rectangular table in the room. She patted the seat next to her gleefully. Making you no other choice but to smile and thanked the server who pulled out the chair for you.

"This is so exciting. Kihyun oppa never mentioned he's friends with a model. In fact he never actually mentioned you at all" Jennie frowned before facing across her where Kihyun had just sat down "Why is that oppa?"

"Well I err-" the latter dragged sparing a glance at you before you answered for him

"It's really no surprise Ms Jennie. You see I just got back from New York. I was gone for over more than two years. It would be a miracle if he even remembered me. I mean we weren't even close" you shrugged "Right Director Yoo?" You asked looking at him straight on.

"Right" he gulped.

"Oh no matter" Jennie clapped "From now on I'm going to be friends with you" she declared squeezing your hand.

"That would be lovely" you fake a grin.

Jennie beamed back and turn to her other side as her mother called for her. While Jennie was busy talking, you can't help but look at your hand that was still in hers. You looked up and saw that Kihyun was looking at you with an unreadable expression. It took every ounce in you to look away first.

Your parents were unfortunately at the other table where the other managers and their spouses were. And instead of a round table like the rest, the table where you were at was on a short stage and is rectangular in shape with CEO Yoo at the end.

"So Joohyun. I bet you have someone special in your life too right? I mean a gorgeous girl like you must have hundreds waiting in line just to be with you" Jennie teased turning back to face you.

"Oh I wouldn't go to say hundreds" you chuckled.

"But you do have someone special?" She grinned making you to pause.

Feeling Kihyun's stare across from the side of you. You kept mum before coming back to your profesional side.

"I don't think I should answer that" you smiled.

"Ooohh so there is someone" Jennie cooed "I can't wait for us to get closer. We're meant to cross paths. I just now it!" she cheered.

You merely smiled at her enthusiasm and just stared at her hand that was holding onto yours. The diamond glinting under the light on her fourth finger. It was not untill CEO Yoo cleared his throat loudly did you look up.

"Now that everyone has settled down, let's not wait any longer. Come. Come let's eat everyone" he urged joyfully and with that the servers came and started uncovering the lids off the side dishes that were placed on the table.

Everyone awed and clapped at the array of cuisine set in front of them. As each and everyone got a bowl of rice, you watched in wonder as the server placed a large bowl of green leafy salad with bell peppers and cherry tomatoes in front of you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter