Chapter 2 : Fools

Blue Neighbourhood

Wild is probably the best word to describe both Junhoe and Jinhwan's life. Exploring their already explored blue town. The town of blues, where calmness fills the air and grween vegetations decorates the land. As a children, they wanted more than their own neighbourhood. Dreaming like every kids do, going on an adventure outside the city walls in search for an inexistent being. And as kids, they are fools.

Calling a kid, fool, sounds offensive but its actually true. Kids at their age are still learning and their intelligence are limited to learn what we adults knew. So yes, they are fools.

5 years passed and their friendship grew stronger in every passing second. Yet, they still haven't realised the feelings the feelings that grew towards each other because they're still fools. 

It was Friday morning and the smile on Junhoe's face had never been wider. He's now standing in front of a mirror, observing his own reflection, making sure perfection was his title. 

"I am ing handsome" 

Yes, he compliments himself and too bad someone heard it.

"Omg Im so handsome. I think Im in love with myself. That's why I never had a girlfriend even with this perfect looks"

"Shut up Hanbin" 

A loud laughter was later on heard continued with the sound of footsteps going down the stairs. Junhoe sighs. It was not his fault for being too handsome and never had a girlfriend. To be honest, there's like 10 girls who already confessed to him and he turned them down for a reason that he dont know. And also because Jinhwan was there.

"Junhoe! Come down this instant or you're gonna be late for school!" His mother's voice was loud and clear. He was about to turn the door knob of his room when heard something that make him rushing down the staircase and sitting down rather harshly while glaring at his brothers. What did he heard?

"Junhoe is busy complimenting himself"

"His probably staring at his own reflection"

"I bet he's looking at himself"

Everyone is this house knows how much Junhoe 'loves himself' but they also knew something that even Junhoe doesnt know. Well, accept Chanwoo though because he's still a baby.

Anyway, the reason Junhoe is smiling from ear to ear, earlier, is not really because of his obvious good looks. It was mostly because of a certain petite boy who asked him to go to the waterfalls tonight. He cant call it a date since it was only a meeting between best friends. And yet, he's an idiot for not realising his feelings towards the older boy.

"Mom, Im going out tonight" he said between cereal munches.

"Let me guess, this is related to a brown-haired boy who is very small for his age and who looks like a girl?"

"If you're implying Jinhwan, yes it is"

"Finally, you're going out with him!" 

Hearing those words from Jiwon immediately made him splurts all the cereal and milk in his mouth across the table and eventually hits Chanwoo.

"What the ?!"

"Chanwoo, words on the dinner table"

"Go change your clothes"

With a glare towards Junhoe, he left the dinner table towards his room to change his soaked clothes.

"I guess you still haven't date him" Jiwon said continuing to eat his cereal while keeping an eye towards Junhoe.

"What? No! I'm not gay"

"You think so? Are you sure?" Junhoe tries to deny Donghyuk's words but a sudden rhythm of heartbeat makes him anxious.

"No- I mean yes! I am sure I'm not gay!"

All of the family members sighs silmutaneously which of course confuses Junhoe more.

"Junhoe, you might be confused about your feelings but I just want you to know, that as long as its love, I dont care if you're gay or not, so lets drop the topic and get ready for school shall we?" Mom's word are futile when Chanwoo came back.

"I thought I heard Junhoe hyung scream about not being gay. Talking about gay, Hanbin and Jiwon were -" Hanbin's hand quickly shuts Chanwoo's mouth dragging him outside the house immediately. Well, that was a bad way to start a morning.

 

 Junhoe had been thinking about his feelings towards the smaller hyung. Of course he cares a lot for the older because they had been best friends for a long time. But, he's not sure the feelings he had these days. At times, his heart would beat in a really fast pace and face beat red thinking about Jinhwan. But he's not gay. He had never thought any ual things when he's with Jinhwan. Just soft cuddles and tight hugs. That's all, just like what best friends do.

He didn't realised when did he stepped into the school compound because his mind was too occupied. That's why he yelped when someone hugged him from behind and it turns out it was the cute little Jinhwan. Even though backhugs are normal for them but this one feels different. Junhoe's heart had never beat this fast. Much faster than watching a horror movie. He stares at Jinhwan with eyes wide open, and he could've sworn that Jinhwan is radiating sunshine.

His face heated up and forcefully escape Jinhwan's grip before running away from the scene, leaving Jinhwan furrowing his eyebrows while his brothers laughing out loud.

 

Junhoe couldn't focus at all in class. Though eyes glued on thr whiteboard, his mind is elsewhere. The constant images of Jinhwan making him break in cold sweat. He was afraid. He was so sure that he's not gay, and he's so not into guys but the petite boy seems different. Sure, he might look like a girl but he's still a guy with a .

Thinking more deeply, he's also sure that he had never been ually attracted towards guys upon getting used watching his brothers since he was a baby. He even seen Jinhwan's body and he's not really attracted. Just that his body is so tiny and fragile-looking, and his skin is milky and looks so soft that he thought he could- what?

Junhoe furiously shakes his head and slaps himself trying to control his emotions. What was he thinking?! Jinhwan is his best friend, he couldn't possibly... fall in love with him right? That's impossible, isn't it?

"Mr Koo Junhoe?"

 Junhoe turned his gaze towards the source of the voice to see Mrs Jung, staring at him worriedly.

"Are you okay? Do you need to go to the nurse's room or something?"

"I... think Im gonna go to the restroom" with that he quickly avoids the teacher's gaze and his classmates stares, hurriedly heading out the classroom, reaching towards the nearest toilet. When he arrived, he washes his face rather furiously and taps his face hard.

"Koo Junhoe, he's your best friend. You can do this"

Of course he would like to spend his whole life with Jinhwan, but he was afraid. The fact that he's in love with Jinhwan, he brush it away. He knew, both of them had never see each other in different aspects. They do love each other but not more than best friends. But feelings change, dont they?

 

It was already night time, and Junhoe is not sure either he should meet Jinhwan at the meeting place or not. He could just cancel it with a single message on his phone, but his heart really wants to see the older. And still, the fact that he's in love with Jinhwan, frightened him. He was sure that things wont be the same if he hung out with the said latter. He's not that type of person who could control his emotions with the one he loved. Yes, he finally admits it but Junhoe is not brave enough to confront the person he's in love with. And if only, and only if, his brother didn't mention about the 'date', things might had been pleasant in the future.

"Hey" speak of the devil.

"What?"

"I thought you had a date tonight"

"Its not a ing date!"

"Woah, chill bro. Okay, Im sorry for confusing your feelings since you're still growing up but I just cant help it when I see you both together. You guys looked, perfect for each other"

"We do?"

"Yes of course! You guys even knew each other for a long time and from what I recall, both of you had never fought"

"Except for that one time I dropped his ice cream"

"Okay, that one time. But besides that, both of you had amazing chemistry and I dont see any reason why being gay would affect your relationship with him"

"But what if he only thought of me as a friend?"

"He didn't"

"You mean?"

"He's definitely in love with you"

Okay, that definitely hit a trigger in Junhoe's heart. Even though it haven't be proofed yet but Jiwon's convincing words makes him believe and also because he wanted to.

"You sure about this hyung?"

"Im sure about it, now go and meet the love of your life!"

"Shut up!" Even though he said it like that, his smile never leaves his face when he closed the door of his house, heading towards their shared place, the waterfall. 

 

"Youre late" it was dark, obviously but the moonlight seems to shine brighter than the sun tonight. Or maybe Jinhwan is radiating too much light.

"Sorry" the answer is weak, doesn't sound like Junhoe at all.

"You okay?" Worry was heard as well.

"Since this morning, you seemed to avoid me"

"Do I?"

"Yeah, you ran away after you see my face. You sure you're okay? You're not sick or something?"

"I'm perfectly fine. Its just that something had been bothering my mind"

"Tell me" 

Jinhwan's face is only a few centimetres away from Junhoe's. Since when did they get this close?

"I-its no-nothing particular" Junhoe's face heats up and he quickly took a step back, avoiding the petite boy's gaze.

"Why are you avoiding me?! Do you hate me now?!" Jinhwan roughly pulls Junhoe's shirt making his head face him.

"What? No! Its just that..."

"Its just what!?" Only silence came after. Jinhwan could only stare in disbelief. Slowly, the grip on Junhoe's shirt loose before Jinhwan stepping back, getting further away.

"If you just came here just to make me mad, I'm leaving" when Jinhwan turns his head towards the opposite direction, Junhoe finally burst.

"I-I think I love you!" Junhoe shouts a little too loud but thank goodness no one heard it. Jinhwan didn't move from his position that makes Junhoe more nervous.

"I think I love you" he repeats slowly "but I'm not gay. I'm sure of it. But this morning, Jiwon hyung said about me and you, going out and it confuses me. Hyung, I dont know what I'm feeling"

And still Jinhwan isn't moving. Junhoe walks towards him and slowly reaches a hand before landing it on his shoulder.

"Hyung"

Jinhwan turns around and his eyes were... confused as well.

"Hyung, forget what I just said. Err lets continue being friends and just enjoy the night?" And Jinhwan remains silent while staring deeply in Junhoe's eyes, piercing into his mind, finding an answer.

"I... I'm sorry. I take my leave" it was clear Junhoe was heartbroken. Why? Because he took Jinhwan's silence as a denial. He felt ashamed and stupid, he shouldn't have listen to Jiwon. He should have kept his feelings for himself. He should have -

Junhoe's thoughts were disturbed when something soft was pressed on his lips. It took him awhile to realise that it was Jinhwan's lips. He quickly broke off the kiss because it takes him by surprise. It was his first kiss after all.

"I-you.... k-kiss?"

"I love you too idiot" though sounds harsh, Jinhwan's face is flushed red. Junhoe wears the happiest smile, the one that he never thought he had. 

 

But what if that kiss was mistake for Jinhwan? What if that confession was a mistake for Junhoe? No one could predict the future. What they know is the past, the happy memories that'll soon be shattered by their faults but they dont know. They are fools anyway, too blinded by their own sinful feelings.

________________________________

Author's note: 

Okay I didnt re-read this so there must be loads of mistakes and Im sorry for that.

Between Troye and Matthew, which one is your fav? Well for me its Matthew because he's hella fine! XD

Btw, dont you think Junhwan is being too obvious these days? Remember the ALMOST kiss on stage and then Yunhyeong taps Jinhwan's shoulder or something. And then at the remix where Junhoe swings Jinhwan to his seat? Idk if its fanservice or something but it looks too natural, too affectionate. Tbh i died at the almost kissing scene, their lips was like 0.5 cm away! Rip Junhwan shippers lol hahaha