Chapter 3: Flashbacks and Trouble at the Cafe

Surreptitious Romance 비밀의 사랑
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Er, if you noticed that it changed a bit; I actually revised it. I didn't notice their ages so I had to edit it again. Thanks by the way, to the reader who pointed it out! Arigato! 

Chanyeol’s POV:

 

        Me and Jongdae are now currently rummaging in our backpacks to find appropriate clothes, I mean we have to look good right? It’s not every day a very nice and pretty noona is willing to help you out in your problems. “Ya! Park Chanyeol! Why are you taking my clothes out?!” Baek screeched in my ear. “Can I borrow some of your clothes?” “You’re asking me that? You’re already bringing all of them out! Why do you need them anyway?” Baekhyun looked at me frowning. “I’m going out with this dinosaur here, were going to chill a bit,” I replied and Jongdae protested with a “Ya!” and stared at me accusingly. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes at us and walked away, well not before reminding us that we should be back at the dorm at ten o’clock as we have another schedule. I sighed dejectedly. I guess we won’t have time to take a nap, maybe I can nap on the van later. Jongdae and I stood up and went to the changing rooms and after that I went to Suho hyung to tell him that Chen and I are going out for a bit, “Hyung! Eto, Jongdae and I are going out for a bit, we’ll be back at the dorm in time for our schedule,” Suho hyung stared at us and tilted his head then nodded his head, “Just make sure to come back on time, arasso?” “Ne! Hyung!” Jongdae and I energetically replied. They didn’t even bother to ask where the both of us are going. Jongdae and I practically zoomed in at the door and raced our way to the park, it’s just a fifteen minute jog away from here. “Ya, Chanyeol! Are you really sure it’s Seohyun sunbaenim?” I gave him an exasperated look and stared at him in disbelief, “Just believe me okay? You’ll thank me later, I swear” I said. Jongdae huffed then looked at me determinedly, “Okay I trust you, but if it’s not Sunbaenim I’ll really kill you!” “I know, I know” “You better not crush my dreams Chanyeol! I’m feeling extra giddy now!” “Yeah, whatever” As I rolled my eyes at him. Jongdae can be really talkative like Baek when he wants to. I saw the café in the park where I asked Seohyun noona to meet us. Actually, this is the first time I’m meeting her in person again, I mean we usually see each other in music shows but she’s always with her group and I cannot approach her and it’s quite embarrassing if I just randomly waltzed in front of her to chat with her, so instead we just always talk on phone or message each other. I know that Seohyun noona is quite smart so I always send her quotes, intelligent people like that kind of things right? I’m not really sure though but it seems that noona appreciate the thought and that’s what matters. The first time I called her, I was really embarrassed because I was crying that time. I cannot talk to Baekhyun that time since we also had an argument and Suho hyung just scolded me so I really felt bad. I thought of calling my eomma but I will just worry her and I do not want that. Then I suddenly remembered noona’s number, I didn’t really know but she just popped into my mind. It must be because she has that calming feeling? Noona is a really gentle person and I need a person to tell my troubles and she told me that if I needed a favor I can call her so I did.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback:

 

   Suho hyung just scolded me and I also got into a fight with Baek, and now I locked myself up in our room.  My members understood that I need to time to mull things over so they just let me be.  I sniffed as I tried to control my tears to regain my breathing but I find it hard to do so. I know that I chose this path for myself and that I should be prepared for any situation that may arise, I already prepped myself up for any emotional conflict that may happen but I guess sometimes people really need a break, even if it’s just for a moment. Tears continue to fall as I tried harder to stop them. I tried to think of people who I can talk to; my first thought will always be Baekhyun since he’s my best friend. We got pretty solid over these months and whenever one of us is feeling down, it’s a mutual duty to make sure that the other will feel better. He has been my rock and we both continued to support each other through struggles and everyday hardships of being an idol. But I can’t talk to him now, now that he is one of the reasons why I am shedding tears. Damn. Stop thinking about Baekhyun, okay? Pick yourself up, Park Chanyeol! I can’t help but sigh. I cannot talk to Suho hyung too since he’s the one who scolded me and Kris hyung is currently promoting in China, it’s too bad Minseok hyung is with him is hyung is a good listener. Kyungsoo is busy consoling Jongin since he was scolded too, I also heard him crying in the bathroom.  I rather not call my eomma since she’ll worry about me more and I don’t want her stressed out, eomma should just live happily. I continued crying while thinking of people to talk to and I have never felt so lonely. I should stop doing this self-pity stuff, it’s making me cry more.  Wait, someone might listen to me. I remembered Seohyun noona gave me her number and to call her if I ever need a favor. But isn’t this embarrassing, calling a girl to listen to your miseries? I contemplated for before finally making the decision to call her, the first few rings are making me nervous.

 

Click. Damn, she answered.

 

“Yeoboseyo~?” A soft yet cheery voice answered. I gulped trying to control my hiccups.

 

“Seohyun noona?” I heard silence for a little while, the she answered back,

 

“Who is this?” “Noona, it’s me Park Chanyeol” I heard a soft muttering then she replied again, “Chanyeol-ssi, is something wrong?” Her gentle voice softly asking me if something is wrong really got me and I just cried over the phone.  That was freaking embarrassing but so worth it as I let my emotions pour out. “Noona can you do me a favor? Can you lend me your ear and listen to me even just for a moment?” I sobbed. “Ne, Chanyeol-ssi . Tell me what’s wrong,” She replied to me gently. And so I did.

 

“Noona I don’t know what to do, I’m really stressed out and Suho hyung thinks I’m really not making an effort! I always lack something noona! And I swear I’m making an effort, I’m really trying hard but they don’t see it a-----” The rest is omitted because I just blubbered on the phone as I talked about Suho hyung and Baekhyun and everything else that I’m feeling at the moment and Seohyun noona is quite all the time and I just hear soft sound of approvals then after my sobbing moment she talked to me in a calm manner to explain what she thinks about the situation and to console me as well,

 

 “Chanyeol-ssi I think that Suho-ssi is just stressed out too, Taeyeon unnie sometimes cannot also control her feelings and emotions and she says words that she really didn’t mean. I think that Suho-ssi is just worried for all of you and he is also having a hard time, it’s hard being a leader and maybe the pressure is just getting in to him. He wants what is best for you guys and he wants to express his concerns to each of you but I think he cannot properly express himself.  It is true that he has some fault too because he let his anger get the best of him, but think of yourself in his shoes Chanyeol-ssi,” she paused the continued, “As for Baekhyun-ssi, I think that he just needs time for himself and when he finally calms down, he’ll talk to you again. People always need an alone time for their self too, just like you. Baekhyun-ssi is probably gathering his thoughts right now and reflecting on himself. You should do the same Chanyeol-ssi okay? Do not let the stress get to you; and always think that if you feel like quiting, think about why you started,” I became silent for a while. Then nodded my head as if she was talking in front of me, then I whispered softly “Thank you noona, for listening” “You’re welcome, call me ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter