Chap 5

Jealous

Mingyu and Joshua come home around 1.30 a.m. in the morning. Jeonghan is the only one accompanying Wonwoo in the room. Chan and Seokmin are sitting on the bench outside the house waiting for both of them while the others stay inside the house. They all gather at the living room without Jeonghan and Wonwoo. 

"Mingyu, I'm sorry. I thought... this was supposed to help you." Jun says softly. Mingyu sigh.

"It's okay hyung. At least now I know what to do. Come on. This is supposed to be fun right? I'm the one who should say sorry. Because of me, we all are troubled." Mingyu says and smile. Typical Mingyu. Alwys act like he's happy. The others know that he's saying that to reassure himself but they know better than to comment on that. They all finally dismiss to their own room to sleep.

"Wait hyung, you want to sleep in our room? We can combine the two beds." Chan says, offering Mingyu to sleep in their rooom. The others stop at their track and look at Mingyu. The latter shrug and decline it. 

"It's okay. Chan-ah, don't you think it will be more awkward between us if I keep on igoring Wonwoo. We should just act like last time. Don't worry Chan. If anything I'll crash at your room first." Mingyu says and make his way towards his room. 

Mingyu opens the door slowly and finds Jeonghan sitting on the beside Wonwoo. The latter had fall asleep. Jeonghan walks to Mingyu and whisper to him. 

"You sure you want to sleep here?" Jeonghan asks and Mingyu nods slowly. Jeonghan then leave the room and close the door. Mingyu stare at the empty spot next to Wonwoo. He should sleep there but somehow he couldn't do that. Wonwoo's words keep on ringing in his ears. Wonwoo doesn't want Mingyu to interfere with his life anymore. Mingyu sighs. He takes the pillow and put it on the floor. Mingyu then lies down on the floor and force himself to fall asleep.

 



Wonwoo doesn't know when he fell asleep. He wakes up and look beside him. Empty. Untouched. As he's about to turn his face back, he realizes that there are no pillows. Wonwoo look over and finds Mingyu sleeping on the floor. He freezes. Mingyu didn't sleep on the bed. It's all his fault. 

Suddenly, Mingyu's phone rings and the latter jolt awake. Wonwoo move back to his place and pretend to sleep at ninja speed. 

"Okay hyung. I'll wake him up." Wonwoo  hears Mingyu talking on the phone. Then he can feel the younger putting back the pillow beside him.

"Hyung, wake up. Seungcheol hyung asks us to bathe and go downstairs." Mingyu says gently and shakes Wonwoo's body. When the latter opens his eyes, Mingyu quickly remove his hand smile. 

"I'll go and bathe first." Mingyu says and walk to the bathroom without waiting for a reply. 

30 minutes later, both of them are ready and everyone gather at the living room.

"Kids, I'm feeling generous today so I cooked for all of us. Someone else cook tomorrow." Seungcheol says and the other groans. Most of them roll their eyes at Seungcheol. The latter didn't cook anything. He just prepare bread, jam and peanut butter for everyone.

"What are we going to do today?" Mingyu asks. As usual, he's sitting far from Wonwoo. 

"Beach?" Minghao asks. Everyone nods and cheers errupted. Suprisingly, Mingyu and Wonwoo also laugh together.  They seem to forget their problem.

"What about lunch?" Vernon asks. 

"My cousin told me there's a town 5 kilometres from here. We can go there later. I found a barbecue grills so I guess we'll eat meat tonight?" Jun says. Everyone cheers once again and get up to clean the mess they made. Then they gather their stuff and head to the beach together.

Mingyu completely ignore Wonwoo. He walks with Joshua and Seokmin at the front while Wonwoo walks with the others at the back. Wonwoo knows that's what he wants but somehow his heart ache so much.