Part 2

That Sneaky Doctor! (Not That I Really Mind Though)

Hey guys, sorry for the late update, I've been so busy lately and my health condition isn't really good, so I didn;t have much time in front of my laptop T.T but here it is, I hope you like em...warning--it's a little bit boring--

 

***********-------*************

 

“Hyung, your blood test result are out!” Jungkook exclaimed as he entered Yoongi’s room at lunch time. He excused himself earlier after chatting for a while with them, saying that he should getting ready for his shift.

When the younger came back to Yoongi’s room, Yoongi was having his lunch then, and Jin was preparing some lunch boxes for him and Namjoon. Somehow, he felt that he would settle himself in Namjoon’s circle of close friends again. His friends are kind and interesting.

“Hey Jungkook-ah, have you had your lunch yet?”  Namjoon asked him, his dimples showing when he’s smiling.

Jongkook shook his head, only realizing now that he was In fact quite hungry.

“Good thing I brought many extra food, just in case that Yoongi wanted to have anything but hospital food,” he shrugged and grin,”sorry, just couldn’t get out of my habit but I promise you, these are very clean and hygienic food but hey, now you could eat it with us!” Jin said happily, followed by a nod from Namjoon. Jungkook turned his eyes to Yoongi, who wave his dismissive hand.

Jungkook grinned back to Jin and nodded his head,”Please don’t give Yoongi hyung any other food beside hospital food for several days hyung. We need to keep checking his digestion system. But since you already brought extra food, I’ll be glad to replace Yoongi hyung to savor them. Honestly, I just realized that I’m hungry.”

He took a seat near the couple who occupied a quite big couch near the patient bed. There’s a stool beside the bed for a visitor and Jungkook place the stool between the patient’s bed and the couch.

Jin gave him a box, contained with some delicious looking food and in an instant, Jungkook dig in,”Hyunggg! Thi- ith thoo ghh-ood!”

“Eat slowly dongsaeng, the food won’t go anywhere. Swallow first then talk,” Jin kindly reprimanded the young doctor who grinned and scrunched his face like a kid being scolded, cheek still full with food. Yoongi thought that Hoseok and Jimin would absolutely like the kid.

Jungkook swallowed the food,”I don’t even remember when was the last time I got a proper meal. I usually just order some Chinese takeouts or ramyun because I couldn’t cook,” he said happily, munching his food again like a chipmunks and damn if that’s not the most adorable sight in Yoongi’s life.

“Oh you poor soul, you must have chosen sleep over eat because you already feel tired from your job. Those are from my restaurant. Come there sometimes, I’ll cook for you,” Jin promised the kid, ruffling his hair while Jungkook just grin happily like a bunny given a mountain of carrot. Yoongi swears that the boys was too cute for his own good.

They spent the next twenty minutes on their food, occasionally talking about some menus in Jin’s restaurant and Jungkook’s favorite food. Yoongi finished first because he still didn’t quite have appetite.

“You don’t wanna finish your lunch?” Jungkook asked Yoongi.

“Nah, my head was hurts and my stomach isn’t feel good.”

Jungkook nodded,”That’s normal, I’ll tell the nurses to give you an additional chewable tablet.”

“How‘s the blood test result?” JIn was the one who asked after they’re all done with their food. He collect the boxes and put them all in a small bag.

“Unfortunately Yoongi hyung’s thrombocyte levels was going down again so I guess he should stay here for a few more days.” Jungkook turned his head at Yoongi and gave him an apologetic look,”You might feel some nausea and throbbing head so I guess you shouldn’t do anything too tiring or standing for too long.”

“It’s okay. I was expecting to be discharged today but then again, maybe I really have to rest more,” Yoongi gave his small smile.

“That’s true, Jin hyung, Hoseok, and me, even Jimin could always do some ‘day and night shift’ here to keep you company.” Namjoon kindly added.

Yoongi didn’t even attempt to roll his eyes again because he knew that it would only bring more headache to him,“Nah, I’m fine with myself you know, maybe I just need someone to take my dirty clothes home and bring some fresh underwear. You don’t have to stay with me. It’s not that bad, see? I can do everything alone.”

“But-“

“I could always help to look after him between my shift hyung,” Jungkook cut off His hyungs looked at him with wide surprised eyes. He knew he was being weird, he barely knew Yoongi for only two days but somehow, he didn’t mind helping his hyung taking care of the handsome grumpy man. Oh yes, of course he thought Yoongi was handsome. Maybe he just wanted to help Namjoon, who felt like a real brother to him. Namjoon was always taking care of Jungkook back then, before he went to study abroad. Or maybe, he was curious of his hyung’s friend.

“Are you sure it’s okay Jungkook-ah? I mean, you must have a lot of work and tired as hell already. I’m sure we could find a way to take a shift,” Namjoon tried to reason.

“Guys-“ Yoongi tried.

“It’s okay hyung. I had day shift today and the next 3 days, I can sleep here too, just have to take some clothes from my apartment.” Yoongi didn’t understand why would the boy do that because they barely knew each other. Sure, he is a doctor and he knew he could trust Jungkook to take care of him, but babysitting him was another thing. He could do everything himself and it’s just a matter of time he would regain his health so he didn’t understand why would they make a fuss about babysitting him 24x7.

“But still, I don’t want to cause you more trouble. I mean you need your full concentration to work and examine some patients, right? I don’t want you being too tired from having to take care of Yoongi between your shift and at nights,” Jin sent a kind smile to the younger.

“Then let’s do this hyung, I will help you take care of Yoongi hyung between my shift, and then, you could take turns with the night shift. Is that okay? I’ll be here at daytime anyway so there’ll be not much difference

Yoongi shook his head with a pout,”I’m not a kid. I’m already 27, not 7 years old. There are many nurses and doctors here, you all don’t have to babysit me. I know you’re all tired with your job, I wouldn’t want you to sacrifice your night rest for me, I’ll be just fine.”

Jungkook’s stomach chunks seing the older boy’s pout. He almost forgot that Yoongi was four years oilder and about to squish his cute face. Damn it was super adorable! His hyung should be forbidden doing that in front of everyone else. He didn’t understand why though. He admire Yoongi, since the first time seeing him perform his rap, but no, scratch that, he admire Yoongi even before he started to rap. When the older boy step up to the stage in Hongdae, Jungkook’s eyes immediately flew on him, wondering who on earth would choose a mint color for his hair. That was before Jungkook saw his face. When Yoongi face the audience, with a smirk and a flash of confidence grin, Jungkook knew he was ed up. Such a pale skin, combine with small eyes that was lined with black eyeliner, mint hair, and the boy still manage to look so manly and dark even if his face originally was cute. When Yoongi started to introduced himself as Suga, Jungkook forrowed his brows, not expecting such a sweet sounded name, but the voice made him more taken aback. And then Yoongi started to rap and Jungkook’s brain suddenly went blank because of the unexpected deep voice flowing with ease and he forgot he was there to look for Namjoon. But then again, duty calls always interrupted his free time. Several times watching the performances, he knew that someday he would get to know Yoongi because he saw Yoongi interact and perform together with Namjoon sometimes. But he was more than glad to befriend him faster than he expected.

“Don’t whine brat! We care about you. Let us take care of you or I wouldn’t let you live alone anymore. I wouldn’t hesitate to move your belongings to our apartment if it means that I can keep an eye on you,” Jin threatened him. Yoongi groaned, knowing that he had lost the battle, throwing himself on the bed from his sitting position and it only made his head pounded painfully.

***

After his shift ended an hour late than it supposed to be, Jungkook took a shower in hospital’s bathroom and changed into comfortable clothes. It was Saturday and he usually dragged his feet to watch Rap Monster, Suga and another guy named J-Hope performing in Hongdae. Maybe today their performances would be substituted by somebody else. Jungkook thought about the differences between Yoongi and Suga. As far as he watched along this time, Suga was a y confident boy who would spit some sick lines and look so rough and all. But Yoongi was so shy and cute, a little bit (okay, maybe a lot) grumpy, didn’t have many close friends, but he could see that he cared deeply for those who he consider as his friends. Jungkook couldn’t decide which side of Yoongi he likes more (okay he admitted now that maybe, he likes Yoongi, nah, that was wrong, it’s too soon to say he likes Yoongi, but he definitely was interested to the older boy). Jungkook asked Taehyung, his bestfriend slash his personal assistant nurse to bought him some dinner.

Jungkook smiled as he took his bag and walked to Yoongi’s room. Maybe, he could asked Namjoon or Jin to help him get closer to Yoongi. Maybe, after all this time, he would find his first serious relationship. He used to be so serious in his study and he thought that he didn’t have any time for long term relationship. Namjoon always said that he matured to quickly and that the boy his age should always enjoying young life fully but his major in medical was difficult enough for him to spare any time for himself and he was grateful that Namjoon was kind enough to be his friend back then. He did having fun sometimes in America, but he never tried dating someone and never wanted to either.

He knocked several times before entering the room only to find Yoongi sleeping soundly. There was no sign of anybody else in the room. The food tray  was left on the table near the bed. Yoongi only finished half of the food again. Yoongi stirred in his sleep and Jungkook smiled automatically.

Yoongi opened his eyes lazily as he felt like peeing. He saw Jungkook was standing near the bed, not wearing his white ropes, smiling. He looked great as always and Yoongi suddenly thought that the younger must be popular in school, college and in this hospital too. He could literally imagining girls line up in the hospital just to get a chance to be examined by Jungkook.

“Hey hyung,” he said.

“Hey.” Yoongi blinked his eyes and rubbed them (and Jungkook’s heartbeat increased at the cute sight, finding himself smiling wider if that;s even possible). He slowly sat up and swung his feet to the side of the bed.

“Do you wanna go to the bathroom hyung?”

“Yeah, can you help me to plug off the infusion pump’s cable?”

Jungkook did it and helped Yoongi bring the infusion stick to the bathroom. Yoongi assured that he could do the rest himself and insisted Jungkook to sit on the couch or the chair before closing the bathroom door. He came back dragging his infusion stick himself and Jungkook stood up to help him plug in the infusion pump’s cable again. Yoongi  adjusted the bed so that he could sat up comfortably.

"Where are Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung?” Jungkook asked as he sat again at the chair beside the bed.

“They’re going home after I had my dinner. I shooed them, telling them that I was sleepy and that Hoseok would come too.”

Jungkook nodded.

“Aren’t you supposed to go home though?”

“Yep, I usually went to Hongdae at this hour to watch my favorite rapper’s performance but since he wasn’t there to perform tonight, I figured I’ll pay him a visit instead, not as a doctor though,” Jungkook grinned, adding a wink at the end that flustered Yoongi.

“You should go there. There are many other good rappers performing tonight. Zico told me that he, Yongguk, Kyung, P.O, and Mino would perform tonight. They’re great too, you know,” Yoongi muttered, a hint of pink dusted his cheeks. Sure he used to people’s attention when he was performing but he wasn’t used to people paying special attention to him personally.

Jungkook shrugged his shoulder,”Nah, I’ll be here until your friend come hyung. Besides, I already asked my friend to buy me some dinner and brought them here You don’t mind don’t you hyung?”

Yoongi shook his head. Didn’t know what to say since he wasn’t really one to begin a conversation. He didn’t talk much, especially to someone he just met. Although Jungkook was very friendly and he was adjusting very quickly to his circle of friends, Namjoon and Jin, he didn’t know how to interact with the younger personally. Namjoon and Hoseok approached him first back then, so did Jin and Jimin. Yoongi wasn’t really keen of socializing since music and bestfriend was the only thing that matters to him.

“Hyung, tell me about your work as a rapper and producer. Namjoon hyung was obsessed with music since forever but I used to thought that with a genius brain like his, he would somehow chose a different path. I love music too, but I wanna know why you both chose to work in this field,” Jungkook suddenly asked. Yoongi saw that he was serious;y curious and there was no hint of mocking in his face and his tone.

“That was an interesting question. Well, first of all, I don’t really like study,” he grinned,”I didn’t do bad at school but I always kinda knew that music was my passion.”

So Yoongi told him about his love to music, his passion, his first meeting with Namjoon and Hoseok, and how they eventually become close friends, performing together and getting a job in a same company. Yoongi found it easy to talk to Jungkook as he showed interest in all of his stories and responded enthusiastically. He could saw that Jungkook was very friendly and genuine. He decided that the younger would be a good part of his circle of friends.

“So this Hoseok hyung is actually that J-Hope? The one who accompany you on the first night?”

“Yeah, we often perform together because it was easier for us to practice together and to discuss about our new music in the company,” Yoongi said.

“Whoa, I didn’t recognize him though, maybe because my attention has always been on Suga,” he added mischievously.

Yoongi was flustered at that. His curious brain suddenly remembering a part of the conversation between the four of them today,”Speaking of performing together, when will I have this chance to listen to your voice? Or I should asked Namjoon to give me some old mixtapes of him?”

Jungkook suddenly looked shy. His cheeks turned pink, and he played with the hem of his plaid shirt as he answered,”Ah hyung, don’t asked those mixtapes from Namjoon hyung. He and Jin hyung was just being kind, complimenting my voice like that. Besides, that mixtapes was just so old, it was taken during my high school and early college time. My voice has changed since then.”

Amused at the younger’s sudden change in attitude, Yoongi pressed further,”But Jin hyung could sing too and if he said that it was good, so it was good then. Why don’t you sing in front of me now?”

“Hyuung, couldn’t you just accept that I’m a doctor and not a singer, why would you asked me to sing for you?” he whined, palming his face in shyness and then buried his face on the side of the bed near Yoongi’s legs.

“Oh come on, you saw me performing my rap, I’m just curious about what Namjoon said earlier. Just a few lines and that’s all,” Yoongi crossed his arms, waiting patiently with a hint of smile in his face.

Jungkook suddenly jerked up,”I think I have to go now, I forgot I have to buy something.”

Yoongi grabbed Jungkook’s right wrist and raised his left eyebrow,“Nu uh, not a chance young man. Now sit down like a good boy and show me what you got. Besides, your dinner hasn’t come yet,” Yoongi smirk.

Jungkook sat down with an embarrassed groan and surrender.

“You wouldn’t let it slide won’t you hyung?’

Yoongi shrugged,”If you ran away now, I could always ask you everytime you visit and examine me or  everyday since you had kindly offered to babysit me, which I had objected before, so,”

“Okay, but don’t judge!” Jungkook warned.

“’m not promised,” Yoongi grin playfully which caused a chunk in Jungkook’s stomach.

He hadn’t really singing seriously in ages. He sings at home sometimes, humming any tunes he knew, following any songs he likes, but singing in front of people, it’s been ages since he did that.

His heartbeat went crazy and he had to inhale deeply to calm his heartbeat a little bit. Maybe it was because he haven’t sing for quite some time of maybe it was because he’d sing in front of Yoongi, he was damn nervous. So he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply once again. He thought about his favorite song recently.

Lately I've been thinkin', thinkin' bout what we had,

I know it was hard, it was all that we knew, yeah

 

(Yoongi’s eyes went wide. Jungkook’s voice was the most beautiful voice he had ever heard. He stared at Jungkook’s face and his mind went blank, lost in the sensation that was Jungkook’s voice)

 

Have you been drinkin', to take all the pain away?

I wish that I could give you what you deserve...

 

'Cause nothing can ever,

Ever replace you.

Nothing can make me feel like you do, yeah.

You know there's no one, I can relate to.

And know we won't find a love that's so true...

 

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me,

Together through the storm.

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me,

Together, oh

 

(Jungkook opened his eyes and eyed Yoongi seriously, like this song was meant for him and Yoongi swore his heart stopped the moment he locked eyes with the younger. His heart beat picked up crazily, almost as if beating out of his ribcage. Jungkook’s eyes has this intensity that burned to Yoongi’s soul somehow)

I gave you everything, baby, everything I had to give.

Babe, why would you push me away, yeah?

Lost in confusion, like an illusion,

You know I'm used to making your day...

 

But that is the past now, we didn't last now,

I guess that this is meant to be, yeah...

Tell me, was it worth it?

We were so perfect.

But, baby, I just want you to see...

 

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me,

Together through the storm.

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me,

Together, oh

 

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me,

Together through the storm.

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me,

Together, oh...

 

The room went silent. They just keep staring at each other. They didn’t know how long they just stayed like that but suddenly Jungkook moved, closer to Yoongi. He still locked his eyes to Yoongi’s brown ones. Yoongi felt paralyzed, he couldn’t move. His brained suddenly malfunctioned. He didn’t understand what was happening, or maybe he did but he didn’t want to admit it because he never thought anyone would have interested in him. He was nothing special and he didn’t wanted to repeat his past to reminded him of that fact. But till, he couldn’t move and couldn’t calm his heartbeat as Jungkook moved closer and closer.

Jungkook closed his eyes and pressed his lips on Yoongi’s cheek softly.

Just a second after, Jungkook’s phone ringing, startling them both.

Jungkook pulled away and Yoongi’s cheeks felt warm. He was so sure that he was beet red right now. He was grateful that Jungkook’s attention seemed to be drawn to his cell phone and he used that moment to calm his racing heart.

Jungkook fished out his phone and checked who was calling, Right. Taehyung and his perfect timing.

“Tae?”

“Hey, I brought your dinner. I’m at the receptionist and Soojung asked me if you wanted me to bring the chart and paper of Min Yoongi-ssi too to the room.”

“Okay, just bring them in.” Jungkook ended the call.

He turned to Yoongi who was still blushing cutely,”That was my friend Taehyung and my dinner. He’ll come in a minute with your chart I guess.”

Yoongi couldn’t do anything but nodded. He wanted to asked why would Jungkook did that but he was top shy to bring the topic.

Seemed like he could read Yoongi’s mind, Jungkook said with a smile,”I did it because I like you hyung, had been since the first time I saw your performance.”

And now, Yoongi’s face turned beet red again.

They heard knocks on the door and Yoongi saw a boy, around Jungkook’s age maybe, wearing a nurse uniform, bringing a paper bag, some files and a box contained injection tools and else.

“Hyung, this is Taehyung, Tae, this is Yoongi hyung. Tae, you know Namjoon hyung who I told you my childhood friend that usually perform in Hongdae? Yoongi hyung’s his friend.”

The said boy flashed his boxy smile and Yoongi immediately liked his vibe. He seemed nice.

“Hi, my name’s Kim Taehyung, unfortunately this brat who doesn’t call his hyung properly is my friend and my boss, so,” he extended his hand to shake Yoongi’s.

“Min Yoongi. Oh you’re older than Jungkook? I thought you were same age, since you look so young,” Yoongi said, giving a small smile.

“I know, Yoongi-ssi, he does look old, but then again I’m more handsome than him, so it’s understandable if you thought like that,” he winked.

“OI!” Jungkook protested,”Just give me the chart and my dinner and then go!”

Taehyung giggled at his friends antics and gave him the paper bag and charts,”It’s time for his antibiotics injection, so I had to do my duty, so just sit down at the couch while I’m doing my job,” he stuck his tongue out to mock Jungkook.

“And here you wanted me to call you hyung,” Jungkook grumbled but sat down and opening his burger while reading the chart.

After the antibiotics was injected, Taehyung gave Yoongi some other injection meds.

Just then, Hoseok entered Yoongi’s room and greeted cheerfully,”Hey hyung!”

Each of them turned his head at Hoseok’s grand entrance and Hoseok just realized that there was Yoongi;s doctor and a handsome nurse there. Taehyung grinned at him and continued his job, Jungkook smiled at him while chewing his food and Yoongi looked amused.

The nurse finished his job, collecting the tools at a box and talked to the young doctor as Hoseok came closer, blatantly checking him out.

Yoongi was smiling inwardly, seeing Hoseok’s interested expression in Taehyung and decided to help his friend who had kindly took care of him.

“Hoseok, turn out that Jungkook was Namjoon’s childhood friend. He was actually often seeing us performing together,” Yoongi told Hoseok.

“Oh really? What a small world we had! My name’s Jung Hoseok,” he shake hands with Jungkook.

“Jeon Jungkook. I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you last night. I often watch your performance with my bestfriend, Taehyung here.” Jungkook pointed at Taehyung who smile kindly.

They chatted for a while before Taehyung excused himself.

Before the nurse stepped out of the room, Yoongi asked him,“Taehyung-ssi, do you have a night shift today?”

“No, Yoongi-ssi,” he checked his phone,”this is near the end of my shift. Why? Do you need anything?” he smiled.

Yoongi shook his head,“Earlier Jungkook said you usually go to see the performance with him, so you usually went home together right?”

“Err yeah, because we lived in same apartment complex.”

“Aren’t you going home Jungkook-ah?”

“Nope, I’ll stay here for a while, there’s this chart I wanna read first before I go home,” Jungkook pointed the files.

“But Taehyung-ssi would go home alone,” Yoongi said, trying to give Hoseok a hint and winked at him.

And Hoseok took it gratefully,”I could sent you home and went back here if you want, I brought my car,” Hoseok offered.

Taehyung smile gratefully,”Thank you, but I don’t wanna cause you any trouble. You just arrive here and I could go home by myself.”

Jungkook, seeing their exchange and understanding Yoongi’s action, added,“Actually I thought that was a good idea Tae, beside, I’m sure you haven’t had your dinner yet.  Hoseok-ssi came here straight from the office so maybe you two could grab a late dinner before Hoseok-ssi stayed the night to accompany Yoongi hyung.”

“Yeah, that was cool, what do you think Taehyung-ssi?” Hoseok agreed.

“Well, if that wouldn't be much of a trouble then,”

Taehyung and Hoseok went out of the room with Hoseok walked behind Taehyung, turned back for a moment mouthing thank you to Yoongi who only smirk at him.

“Well, what a cupid match we are hyung,” Jungkook remarked.

“That was my payback because he took care of me lately,” Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly, seemingly indifference. But Jungkook saw that Yoongi was happy that Hoseok had a chance to started a relationship with someone. Besides, he thought that Taehyung needed a boyfriend too. Tae was so kind and innocent that Jungkook had to protect him sometimes.

“But hyung--” Jungkook trailed off.

“What?”

“I meant what I said earlier, I like you.”

 

***to be continued***