Part 6

That Sneaky Doctor! (Not That I Really Mind Though)

Yoongi was changing his plaid shirt with a more comfortable t-shirt when he heard his ringtone blasting from the phone. He casually threw the phone to his bed before changing earlier because he knew that Jungkook was in his shift and he would not contact him before his shift end except for urgent matters. So, he wondered who would call him because he didn’t think that any of his friends would contact him too. He checked the phone screen but he didn’t know the number calling. Shrugging, he accepted the call.

“Hello?”

“Hi Yoongi hyung,” Yoongi freeze. Jaewon. He didn’t thought that Jaewon would have the guts to call him. It’s not that he still had any bitter feeling about his past with Jaewon, it’s just that he didn’t like to be acquainted with that jerk anymore.

“What do you want?” Yoongi’s voice became cold and emotionless.

“Easy hyung, I just wanna know how you’re doing.” He could practically hear the smirk in Jaewon’s voice.

Yoongi just keep silent. He heard some shuffling noise from the other line.

“I know our dark past wasn’t really great but come on, it was long time ago hyung, couldn’t you forgive me for my silly mistake? I was so young and silly. We could probably date each other again. I miss you hyung,” Jaewon continued.

Yoongi was so sick of that fake sweet voice. He wanted to throw up and destroy the phone but none of the options would do him any good.

“Look, I don’t wanna deal with your bull so cut the crab.”

Yoongi heard a light chuckle from the other line,”Just wanna make our relationship better hyung, besides, you’re Zico hyung’s favorite.”

Suddenly everything was clear to Yoongi. Jaewon was doing it again, he wanted to be acknowledge by using him, just like old times with Simon hyung. Some people never change. He bailed his fist, trying to contain his anger. There’s no use to follow Jaewon’s game now.

“Sorry, not interested,” He said coldly, hung up the phone and sighed. He put the phone on his pocket and walked to his kitchen to grab some water.

His mind was jumbled with thoughts. He didn’t think he would meet Jaewon again, not like this, not when he had already giving someone else a chance to prove that he was better that that bastard and overcome his trust issue. Jaewon thought he would be easy because Yoongi was so kind and understanding back then. But Yoongi has changed, he was known to be savage now. He was lost in thoughts that he didn’t realize his backpack was on the floor and tripped over it. He lost his balance and tripped over his own feet, he hit the door frame with his head and fell quite hardly. He cursed under his breath for his misfortune and clumsiness but it wasn’t long before his head started to throb painfully. He felt some kind of liquid like a sweat running through his hair. Still lying down, he attempted to ease his headache by placing his right hand on his scalp but his hand felt something wet instead. He was beyond shock to see some blood on his hand.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and dial Jungkook’s number. He was waiting still with throbbing head but Jungkook didn’t pick up. Maybe he was busy with some patients. He dialed Hoseok’s number instead. Luckily Hoseok pick up the phone quickly.

“Hyung? It’s rare that you’re calling me, do you miss me that much? We just part ways an hour ago,” he heard Hoseok’s cheerful voice on the line.

“Come to my apartment, I need a lift to the hospital,” he groaned painfully.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Hoseok’s voice grew serious and laced with concern.

“Later, just come here quickly,” he hung up and wait. He attempted to sit up but he winced at the sudden force of headache. Then he forced himself to stand and dragged himself to the couch to lie down. His vision started to get blurry and he passed out.

After what seems like eternity of headache, Hoseok came. Hoseok and Jin knew Yoongi’s passcode since the last time he admitted to hospital, saying that they should be able to check on him once in a while. Yoongi made a mental note to thank Jin for his stubbornness in knowing Yoongi’s passcode despite his initial rejection. He wouldn’t be able to open the door for them either way.  

“HYUNG!!” Hoseok came with Jin and Namjoon, waking up Yoongi who’s head felt like never hammered worse than that. Maybe Hoseok called Jin on the way to Yoongi’s apartment.

“What happened?” Namjoon’s worried voice was heard.

“Later! We should bring him to the hospital first. Quick!” Jin said sternly.

 

***********

 

Jungkook and Taehyung found him an hour after he was done being stitched. Jungkook rushed to his bed, examining the bandage in his head with utmost care and concern. Yoongi was instructed to lie in a bed for a few hours because his head might feel dizzy for anesthetic effect. He was bleeding quite a lot because he had to wait for his friends to lift him to the hospital and he was feeling so weak, seeing some blood in his apartment floor and couch earlier.

“I just finished a surgery five minutes ago and I almost had a heart attack reading our group chat,” he mumbled slowly, giving an approval nod to the treatment for Yoongi’s wound.

“I was looking for you when we arrived but Tae said that you are in the middle of a surgery, so he called the cosmetic surgeon because though Yoongi bled quite a lot, the wound was fortunately not deep and they can stitched it right away,” Jin explained.

“There would be some bruises and headache too but I think he’ll be fine,” Taehyung added, giving Yoongi a kind assuring smile.

Jungkook just nodded, only starring at Yoongi and Yoongi was afraid to say anything. He was feeling guilty for making them all worry, just because of his clumsiness and carelessness.

The other excused themselves, saying that they would buy something to eat because it was indeed past dinner time.

Jungkook didn’t said anything even after the others left and Yoongi grew uneasy. He wanted to say something to the younger but he didn’t know what. He was hoping that Jungkook would talk to him after the other’s left, demanding to know everything, scolding him for being so careless, anything. But nope, Jungkook was scarily silent.

“Jungkookie,” he said slowly. Jungkook only looked at him, he’s been doing that for fifteen minutes.

“I’m sorry,” he said sincerely.

“For what hyung?” finally Jungkook sighed, and Yoongi released a breath he didn’t even realize he hold.

“For making you worry. It’s just…” Yoongi trailed, unsure.

“Go ahead,”

Yoongi contemplated for a few seconds and decided it’s best to be honest,”Jaewon called. He said he wanted to come back to me and I was so mad that he even had a courage to think that I’ll be okay to do so. I told him that I’m not interested but even after I hung up the phone, I was still furious and upset. I tripped over my backpack, and hit my head to the door frame.”

Jungkook only nodded and Yoongi’s heart was beating erratically, he was afraid that Jungkook would be mad. Why didn’t Jungkook said anything?

“Are you still mad?”

Jungkook soften his gaze,”I wasn’t mad to begin with, hyung. I’m worried sick. I was so shocked seeing the picture of your wound in the group chat,” Yoongi didn’t even know that the other had snap some photos of his wound, his head was throbbing badly earlier and the anesthetic make his brain blurry for a while. He hadn’t check his phone since he called Hoseok.

“But I’m okay now. Tae said that I’ll be fine.” After some thoughts he added,”Come here, you scare me,” he pat some space beside him in his bed.

Jungkook sighed again and close the gap then sat at the bed beside Yoongi, side hug the older carefully not touching the bandaged area,”You scare me more. Don’t ever show up dripping blood again or I’ll faint. Seeing your picture earlier almost make me throw up.”

Yoongi reciprocated the hug,”Hey, doctor should be able to see blood everyday. It’s your job after all,” he attempted to joke.

“Depends of whose blood is that.”

“You said you were on surgery schedule earlier there must be a lot of blood involved too, was it succeed?”

“Of course, I’m a licensed doctor after all.”

“Well, sometimes I forgot that you’re a doctor, I constantly think you are an idol because you look so good at singing and dancing,” Yoongi attempted to lighten up the atmosphere with his joke.

“Flattery won’t get you anywhere hyung,” Jungkook retorted.

Jungkook released his hug and trapped Yoongi’s eyes with his. He wanted to protect this beautiful man in front of him. He had waiting for quite some time because he didn’t want to rush Yoongi and he wanted to earn Yoongi’s trust, but this time, he had determined to take care of Yoongi. He wanted them to support and protect each other. This ethereal fragile man was his most precious. He love the older dearly.

“Hyung, let’s just make us official,” he said firmly, eyes unwavering.

Yoongi thought that he could lost in those adorable big eyes forever and he knew he was a goner since the first time he saw Jungkook with his white robes glory and smiley bunny teeth.

“I thought we already are?”

The moment Jungkook’s smile grow, was the moment Yoongi knew he had made the right decision. Jungkook hug him lightly, because he’s afraid that Yoongi’s wound would hurt but Yoongi didn’t wanna have any of it. He hugged the younger tighter. It feels like home, the younger was everything Yoongi need and more. Jungkook released Yoongi,”Hyung, I don’t wanna hurt you,”

“Shut up and heal me,” Yoongi surprised the younger when he grabbed Jungkook’s robe collar, pulled him closer and kissed him. The kiss was innocent, only a peck and then they smile at each other. Then Jungkook kiss Yoongi again, and again and again

“Now I know that this patient is off limit,” they heard an amused voice and they separated themselves. There was a tall young doctor standing on the door frame with a crossed arm and wiggling eyes.

Yoongi’s face went beet red but Jungkook had indifferent expression on his face,”You’re interrupting!” he sulked.

“Well sorry but Yoongi-ssi is my patient dear Kookie,” the tall young doctor beamed and walked to the patient’s bed.

“Why are you alone?” Jungkook asked the taller.

“Jinyoung hyung are assisting Jaebum hyung and Youngjae hyung took a leave, so,” he shrugged and turned his head to Yoongi.

“Have you feel better Yoongi-ssi?” he said with a kind smile.

“Yeah, I guess changing clothes helps,” Yoongi grinned back and the doctor’s smile grew wider.

“Of course, those blood on the t-shirt could make anyone fainted, thinking that you had a gun shot. Do you feel any form of drowsiness or dizziness?”

“A bit, I guess.”

“Great. Let me examine your bandage,” the tall doctor step forward to check Yoongi’s head but Jungkook prevent him.

“Nah, I can do that Yugyeom-ah, thank you for your quick response to Tae’s request but now shoo!”

Yugyeom grinned devilishly,”Possessive much,” he snorted. ”Yoongi-hyuuung, why don’t we just ditch him and go eat ice cream somewhere nice,” the tall doctor suddenly changed his demeanor and doing aegyo, emphasizing the word hyung just to annoy Jungkook,”I think your anesthetic effect will be gone in fifteen minutes and my shift will end after this visit,” he wiggled his eyebrow suggestively.

“DON’T YOU DARE KIM YUGYEOM!!” Jungkook attempted to kick the taller doctor but he was quick to dodge.

“See? He had an ill temper. If you want to ditch him, just call me, hyung, I’ll text you my number later,” he winked and give Yoongi a flying kiss before running for his life when Jungkook chased him to the door, huffing sulkily while closing the door.

“That brat!” he grumbled.

“You two are so alike though,” Yonggi commented, smiling amusedly at Jungkook’s cute jealousy.

“Why does many people thought that me and Yugyeom are alike?” Jungkook whined, sitting on Yoongi’s bed again.

“Because you two are indeed alike. I almost thought he was your brother but he told me that you two are same age friends. You two seemed close though.”

“Yeah, we got along well because we are same age and have same hobbies. Yugyeom is my dancing partner too and he often asked me to sing together.”

“Maybe I’m the one who should be jealous,” Yoongi teased.

“Nope, you’re the only one for me,” Jungkook said greasily with a bunny smile and a kissy face.

“Now I wanna throw up!”

 

****************

 

Luckily, once Yoongi’s wound get better, he still able to continue with Hoseok’s dance team. He was surprisingly quite good and he took a pride in that (he wouldn’t ever admit it out loud but he was beginning to enjoy their dance routine). At least, he was better than Namjoon and Jin (author’s note : I imagine Dope’s dance routine). They will make a Music Video with different job concept (just like in Dope MV) and submit them for the competition. Yoongi was quite please with the outcome of their video. It was their song, completed with their own recorded voice and rap. Maybe they could try to be idol group if they weren’t to old already.

“I think we’ll win,” Taehyung exclaimed happily. His boxy grin and crescent eyes sparkling like a big kid receiving a new toy.

“Yeah, I hope so. We’ll get the result in two weeks. Once we got into finals, they’ll send an invitation for the live contest.” Hoseok said, ruffling the younger’s hair affectionately. They’ve been dating for a month now and they were extremely gross (at least in Yoongi’s opinion).

“Wait, what?! You didn’t said anything about a live-freaking-Dance Contest! I thought it would be over once we sent the video!” Yoongi were surprised.

Hoseok only grinned evilly,”I knew that you would react like this so I told the others to keep silent about this. Oh come on hyung, you are good at dancing already, let’s do this!”

Yoongi turned his head to Jungkook,” You knew about this Jungkookie?”

Jungkook gave him an apologetic smile and sheepishly scratching his head,”Well, I’m sorry hyung. I kinda swore that I wouldn’t tell you about this.”

Yoongi sighed, what a great friends and boyfriend he had.

“And you two are okay with this?” he looked at Namjoon and Jin.

“It’s a new experience for us so, I don’t really mind honestly, besides, I enjoy our time together,” Jin said just like a mother hen he was.

“Come on hyungie,” Jimin pleaded with his eye smile.

Everyone was looking at him with a smile and he just couldn’t resist being with them longer so he surrendered,”Fine.”

And they gave him the biggest group hug ever (Yoongi didn’t even lknew that his friends were a bunch of sentimentals)

 

*****************

 

To think that Jaewon would surrender, Yoongi must be too naïve now. Even after his comeback at his usual Saturday show, Jaewon keep pestering Yoongi. Everytime Zico talk to Yoongi, he would suddenly appear and acting friendly with all people, and trying to do some skinship with Yoongi. Yoongi was trying to keep his anger because he didn’t want to concern the team about his problem. He could tell that Namjoon and Hoseok were upset but they couldn’t do anything about it because they didn’t want to cause a problem in the team. Jungkook couldn’t always be with him because he already spending his free time for dance practice with them. So he had to deal with Jaewon’s annoying presence alone. Zico and the other crew thought that Jaewon only likes to hang around Yoongi because they were old friend.

Zico was briefing the team about a special hip hop joint showcase. There would be a hip hop special showcase between Zico’s crew and Tiger JK’s crew in two months, so they have to discuss about the performances details like the order and the team. Yoongi was relieved he didn’t have any performance with Jaewon. But Jaewon was not very please with the setlist.

“Zico hyung, why can’t I have a solo stage? I joined this team at the same time with Ravi but he’ll have his solo stage,” he complained.

Namjoon snorted, everyone in the room knew that Jaewon haven’t got enough skill to have such a solo stage. He was so so and Zico only accepted him because he thought that the kid would do better if he work hard enough. But Jaewon only spent his time latching himself to Zico and Yoongi (because he knew that Yoongi was Zico’s favorite).

“I think it’s best if you had a joint performance with Junoflo instead, you could learn from him,” Zico answered with a bored face.

“But I really want to show my skill hyung,” he sulked just like a spoiled kid he was.

“You can have the solo stage at our regular Saturday performance but not on this event,” Zico said with finality.

Everyone was silent in that room, sensing Zico’s mood change.

“But why would Yoongi had so much solo stage and collaboration? Even Namjoon would have a colab with Tiger JK, Yoon Mirae and Bizzy. I thought you are the leader of this crew and you’ll have more performance than them. I only asked for one solo stage.” Jaewon insisted.

“Look, I am the leader of this team, so I would decide what’s best on this team. If I said that you are not ready, then you are not ready,” Zico said, he looked annoyed.

“But this is a big showcase. Many people would come, why would they watch Yoongi though? He’s a gay! Girls won’t like him,” he said with a smug look on his face, Yoongi gasped. He didn’t expect that Jaewon would do this again to him.

“Girls won’t like him because he is gay, guys would definitely disgusted if they knew about his preference. Come on hyung, you should just kick him out or something,” he continued while Namjoon looked like he would murder Jaewon in one minute.

But before Yoongi could retorted, Zico beat him to it, grabbing Jaewon’s collar,” Listen kid, I don’t know what your problems are, but in case you don’t know, almost all of our crew are gay and I know you dated Yoongi too in the past. I know Simon hyung and he told me about you. I’ve been waiting patiently because I don’t want to interfere personal matters of my crew. But now, you just make me realize that you are just a total hypocrite with a y attitude and poor skill, so just leave my crew and never comeback!”

 

-To be continued -