Part 7 - End

That Sneaky Doctor! (Not That I Really Mind Though)

 

“Zico hyung, can I talk to you for a second?” Yoongi said in between some after party of their success showcase. The audience was on fire and every performance were lit. Zico gave Yoongi a small smile and nooded, he talked for a moment to Kyung who nodded then come to P.O. Zico gave Yoongi a sign to follow him.

Zico brought Yoongi to a balcony where the music were faded from the party room. It was a nice place to talk, not followed by curious eyes or listening ears, not that Yoongi thought that his friends would eavesdropping but still, he felt calm in such a quite place to talk. Zico was inhaling the fresh air, closing his eyes for a few seconds and staring at the city view in front of them.

“It’s nice here isn’t it?” he said.

Yoongi hummed,”it’s peaceful and quiet. It’s a perfect place for you to makeout with Kyung hyung I guess,” he teased the older.

“Brat!” Zico said fondly and chuckled.

“And you didn’t even deny it. I can’t decide if I’m happy being in this place or not,” Yoongi muttered with a halfhearted fake disgust expression.

Yoongi too was inhaling some much needed peacefulness before deciding to get to his point.

“Thank you hyung…for defending me.”

Zico was not surprised, he flashed a kind smile, turning his head from the city view to Yoongi,”I was doing the only right thing to do. I’m sorry for dragging him to our team, I thought that it would be a good way to resolve your problem. But I’m offended now that you expected less from me Yoongi-ah,” he faked hurt expression.

Yoongi rolled his eyes,”Don’t be such a drama queen. But it’s okay hyung, really. I have Jungkook now.” He said with a content smile, he was happy and Zico could see it in Yoongi’s eyes that even Jaewon wouldn’t be able to wipe Yoongi’s happiness of being with Jungkook.

They smiled to each other, knowing that they got each other’s back.

 

*************

 

It was a rare off-day for Jungkook and he told Taehyung that he would spend his time in Yoongi’s place. He was sometimes needed in emergency calls so at least Taehyung should know where he was. He pressed the bell in Yoongi’s apartment and wait some time but there’s no sign of the door would be opened. He wondered if Yoongi left somewhere but then again what’s the use of knowing his passcode. He already texted Yoongi last night to tell him that he would come over anyway. Maybe Yoongi just went out to but something in the convenience store.

Jungkook entered Yoongi’s apartment that was still dark. The curtains were closed, hiding a bright sun light behind. Jungkook squinted his eyes in the dim lit room. No sign of Yoongi. He dropped a plastic bag on the kitchen counter and went to Yoongi’s bedroom, checking if he was still sleeping. No one in the bedroom. Jungkook grew anxious. Where the hell was Yoongi?

He entered the last room in the apartment, opened the door and sighed in relief. There he was, Yoongi, curled up in his couch near his music producing equipment. His body curled up with such a position that had Jungkook wondered if Yoongi’s neck didn’t hurt for maintaining that kind of weird angle. He closed the door behind him, and walked to the lump on the couch.

Even in his sleep, Yoongi was so damn hot and cute at the same time. Jungkook felt that he could stare at his face forever. He didn’t know how long he’d been staring before he smiled then closed the distance. He placed a tender kiss on Yoongi’s forehead then looked closely at his overworking boyfriend. This man needed to take care of his health more. Sometimes Jungkook wonders if Yoongi even remember to eat properly. He kissed the older’s cute nose and chuckled as Yoongi scrunched his face with eyes still closed. Jungkook closed the distance again to kiss the most tempting part of his boyfriend’s face, his lips.

“Wake up sleepyhead,” he murmured against Yoongi’s lips. Yoongi groaned and opened his eyes slowly. Jungkook pulled his head to see Yoongi stretched his hands and groaned.

Jungkook was surprised when Yoongi suddenly pulled him for another kiss. Their lips molded and their heads tilt to adjust to each other’s sweetness. Jungkook biting playfully at Yoongi’s lower lip, earning a moan from the older boy. He smiled in Yoongi’s lips.

He distanced himself a little to look at Yoongi’s cute sleepy face,“Now that you have wake up hyung, spill, how long did you sleep last night? I have this suspicious feeling that you only sleep for two hours maximum despite my warning that you should have at least five hours of night sleep.”

Yoongi gave him a grin that will put the stars in shame and Jungkook now he was a goner.

“What time is it?” Yoongi asked.

Jungkook glanced at his watch,”nine.”

“Three hours, I guess. I have so much inspiration last night to write so I didn’t really pay attention to the time. Checked my phone few minutes before I fell asleep. Now that you’re here, let’s just cuddle and get me more sleep.” Yoongi reached out to Jungkook, clearly asking for Jungkook to join him on the couch. Jungkook’s heart swelled at the cuteness, his boyfriend might act badass outside especially on the stage, but when they were alone, he might have died from the cuteness of Yoongi.

“Nah, let’s have breakfast and then we could cuddle,” he paused,”on the bed. Your back will hurt if you continue sleeping on the couch. I don’t want you to get sick again,” Jungkook used his strength to pull Yoongi from the couch. “Now brush your teeth, I’ll prepare the breakfast, grabbed some stuff on my way here,” Jungkook peppered the older’s face with kisses before shoving him to bathroom.

Jungkook took some bread he bought earlier. Granted bread isn’t really the best food for people with gastric problem but it’s better than eating nothing in the morning or in Yoongi’s case, drinking coffee only as breakfast and then eat nothing until night. Yoongi showed up ten minutes later, already showered, looked really-totally-unfairly hot with his hair dripping wet.

“Stop looking so damn irresistible hyung, or I might lose it,” Jungkook said half-jokingly, making Yoongi’s face grew red.

“Oh, shut up!”

Jungkook grinned, motioning Yoongi to come closer and sit beside him.

“So, what do you want to do today?” Jungkook passed Yoongi the bread. He had bought chocolate milk too earlier and already poured them on two mugs, with ice, because Yoongi preferred cold beverages than hot ones. He sipped his own mug, enjoying the sweetness that burst in his mouth.

“Don’t particularly wanna go anywhere. How about you decide?” Yoongi said, eating his bread.

Jungkook thought for a moment, he wanted to go on a date with Yoongi since that’s a rare thing to do for both of them are so busy and their schedule rarely match lately. The only times he get to see his boyfriend were after work. But after seeing Yoongi only curled up to get some sleep, on the damn couch, he thought that their date could wait.

“Cuddling sounds appealing right now. Watching some sappy movie sounds good but I think you’re just gonna sleep throughout the movie, so maybe we could just laze around and talk,” he finally decided, earning an approval from the grandpa beside him.

They finished their breakfast and then proceeded to Yoongi’s bed but not before Jungkook helped Yoongi drying his hair muttered the line of sleep with wet hair would only get him headache and stuff.

They make themselves comfortable on the bed, Jungkook spread his left arms under the pillow so that Yoongi’s neck was on top of his arms and Yoongi’s head rest comfortably on his pillow. They were facing at the ceilings, content and relax just being at each other’s presence.

“Sorry we didn’t get to go outside,” Yoongi ended the silence.

Jungkook smile,”It’s okay hyung, I need some rest too, I had so many patients this week and some of them made me worried, I had two surgeries almost every day. I just hope that my patients will get well soon, I don’t like seeing people in pain.”

Yoongi turned his body to Jungkook, and Jungkook did the same, they were facing each other now.

“That’s why you became doctor, to save them from their pain.”

“Yeah, I just hope I could help more.”

Yoongi wondered if he was a hero on his past life to deserve such a nice boy like Jungkook.

Yoongi closed his eyes in contentment, feeling peaceful and drowsy.

“Hyung?” Jungkook called him softly. Yoongi opened his eyes again, finding Jungkook already staring at him with such a fond gaze.

“hmm?”

“I was thinking…” he trailed of, face changing to a little mix of unsure and shyness, if his pink cheeks were any indication.

“You were thinking of what?” Yoongi placed his hand on Jungkook’s cheek to caress the cute pink dust.

“I…” Jungkook mentally cursed in his head. He swore he ran this scenario smoothly in his head for about nine hundred and thirty times. He didn’t think that he would cower in front of Yoongi.

“You what Kookie?” Yoongi said patiently, eyes dropping because the warm of Jungkook’s body makes him incredibly relax.

“I was thinking that maybe,” he paused,”we could like, you know..I could, um, like, I can,” the struggle is cute and Yoongi smile inwardly because it’s a rare sight of the super confident Jungkook to be this nervous and cute,”I mean, how about, um…I move in, and we could, you know, live together hyung so that I can take care of you more?” Jungkook finally said, now his face was completely red, along with his ears. Cute.

Yoongi never felt so happy, and the only thing he could came up to answer that question is to close their distance (if that’s even possible because Yoongi didn’t even remember when did he glued himself to Jungkook’s body) and kiss Jungkook’s lips tenderly. Yoongi wanted to share how he feel, how big his love actually is for the younger, how the younger means a lot for him, how Jungkook’s question change everything in their relationship. Their lips move in sync, Yoongi could taste the chocolate in Jungkook’s lips. Jungkook was smiling on Yoongi’s lips, his other hand cupped Yoongi’s nape to deepen their kiss. Yoongi pulled away first, planting a soft kiss in Jungkook’s lips, before staring into the younger’s eyes. The eyes Yoongi had come to love. The eyes that staring at him with such a clear adoration, that made Yoongi feel loved and secured.

“I love you,” he finally said it. The feelings were overwhelming him, and he said it without hesitation. The blinding smile Jungkook give him made Yoongi feels like the happiest man alive.

“I love you too hyung, you have no idea,” Jungkook placed a soft kiss against Yoongi’s lips then proceed to kiss Yoongi’s eyelids.

“Does that mean that I could move in here? Or maybe you’ll move to my apartment?”

“You move here, I’m too lazy to pack my stuff,” Yoongi hugged Jungkook closely and close his eyes in contentment, surrendered to much needed sleep.

“You’re gonna need to help me anyway hyung.”

 

************************

 

Namjoon and Jin were the first one to know about the “moving in” thing, but soon, the rest of them eventually knew, considering the chat Jin sent to the group, saying that they should help Jungkook moving his stuff to Yoongi’s apartment.

Jimin and Taehyung were tackling Jungkook as soon as they meet in the studio to have a movie night in Jimin’s apartment. They congratulate Jungkook (saying that finally, someone would be there to take care of the resident grandpa). Taehyung finished his schedule earlier and decided to meet his boyfriend who were teaching a group of kids that will debut in the next month. Those three were chatting happily after Jimin and Hoseok’s class when Jungkook and Yoongi entered the studio. Namjoon and Jin only chuckled seeing their “kids” behavior.

They came and help on the day of moving, even Hyuk came with Jimin to help with the heavy lift (Jimin and Hyuk were a gym-addicted couple, so their muscles finally seemed useful beside being eyecandy). Zico and Kyung stopped by for a moment, brought them many snacks and drinks but then excuse themselves because they had a show on the other side of the town in two hours.

“So Kookie, what are you gonna do with your apartment?” Namjoon asked between moving some boxes.

“I will put in on a rent hyung, I already place some ads in the hospital and university, thought that maybe some med students will need it. Please put that boxes beside the cabinet hyung, thanks.”

“Hoseok hyung, please put that on the couch, Tae that’s my clothes, just leave them outside the bedroom door. Oh thanks Jin hyung, you are the best,” Jin was passing Jungkook a glass of orange juice.

“I didn’t realize that you have so much stuff, Jungkook-ah,” Taehyung said.

Jungkook shrugged,”Well, it will probably look better once I unpack and tidy up a bit.”

They slumped on the floor, exhausted but happy to be able to help their youngest friend settling down. They knew how much Jungkook loves Yoongi and vice versa so knowing that Jungkook would be there to take care of his “grandpa” is nice.

“Hey, I forgot to tell you guys, but we got an invitation to the final dance contest!” Hoseok informed happily.

Yoongi groaned, Taehyung and Jimin tossed each other, Hyuk gave a kiss on Jimin’s cheek to congratulate him, Namjoon, Jin and Jungkok just smiled.

“Whyyyyy?” Yoongi whined.

“So we have to set a practice schedule for another two weeks. I heard there are 5 finalist. B.I and Bobby are joining with iKON team, there’s Jimin’s friends too, Taemin, Kai, Sungwoon, Ravi and Tim formed a group, then a team named Monsta X, NCT Dance, Oh and there’s one new group called Wanna One.”

“Wait, NCT Dance?” Jungkook asked.

“Yes, are you familiar with them Jungkook-ah?” Hoseok asked.

Jungkook nodded,”One of my friend is there, Jaehyun, he used to dance with me and Yugyeom back then before I go to college in America.”

“I started to think that this competition is limited to our friends, I mean B.I, Bobby, Jimin’s friends, Ravi, Jungkook’s friends, like

“And what did you name us?” Namjoon asked.

“BTS.”

 

*****

 

“So, as much as I wanted to eat Jin hyung’s food, what about ordering some pizza instead because I now Jin hyung is tired and I know we don’t have any energy for groceries. There’s absolutely nothing in Yoongi hyung’s fridge,” Jungkook announced.

“And as much as I don’t mind cooking, that’s a good idea. I think we all need some rest,” Jin concluded.

They decided to watch a comedy movie while waiting for the ordered food when suddenly Hyuk’s phone ringing. He stepped to the kitchen to answer the call.

He came back a few minutes later saying that Ravi and his boyfriend, Hakyeon said Hi and that the pair watched over him way more than his own parents. The way Ravi and Hakyeon treated Hyuk like their baby is funny because Hyuk is definitely stronger than both of them and the most evil one in his group of friends.

Once the pizza arrived, they ate happily at the living room of Yoongi’s apartment. Jimin and Hyuk excused themselves an hour later, saying that they had to work on some collaboration. Still Jungkook was grateful for their help. Hoseok and Taehyung left shortly afterward, claiming that Taehyung had morning shift the following day so he should rest properly. Namjoon and Jin stayed for a while then.

“Jin hyung?” Jungkook called from the kitchen.

 “Yep?” Jin met the younger in the kitchen, hovering over the fridge, frowning.

“Do you have any food recommendation to be kept at the fridge. I mean look at this empty fridge. I’m sure we should keep something easy to cook because Yoongi hyung-…” Jin and Jungkook were left on the kitchen, discussing about some safe foods that can be kept for a long time and how to do some simple cooking.

“It’s oddly domestic, you know, Jungkook. He’s already settling in and it’s only his first day moving in,” Namjoon commented.

Yoongi shrugged,”yeah, tell me about it, he worried too much, that boy, behind that façade of savageness. Besides, we could just do some takeouts, why bother with the fridge. It’s not like I can cook anything anyway.” He might be complaining but there’s an unmistakable fondness in his voice when he talked about Jungkook.

Namjoon chuckled,”wait until Jin hyung heard about it. He would rambling about the unhealthiness of junk foods you usually eat, about how you must be tired and not thinking about eating, how you often skips meal and drink coffee instead.”

“Right, he’s such a mom,” Yoongi grinned,“How’s your latest song progress?”

“Well, I have some ideas about the song but I haven’t really add them. You won’t go to work tomorrow right?”

Yoongi hook his head,”Jungkook had took a leave tomorrow because we had to organize our stuff and rest a bit before going back to work.”

“Then I will have you review those ideas the day after tomorrow because I’m still not quite sure which one is better. Beside, I’m currently writing another track, only do the lyrics for now though.” He sipped his orange juice. “Do you work on something now hyung?”

“Yeah, I’ve been working on two songs. One that I will asked Jungkook to record his voice and the other one I’m still not sure.”

“Great, let me know if the song is ready hyung, I’m curious how would Jungkook’s voice in that song.”

“Yeah, but there’s something bugging me. I’ve been writing the lyrics thinking about Jungkook but the song turned to be something I’ve wanted to do as a rap for him. I’ve written another song that we could sing as a duet but I just feel that maybe Jungkook kind of think that I would write some kind of love song for him?”

Namjoon smile,”Hyung,” and Yoongi hated when his tone came out like that. It’s like Yoongi was silly for thinking such an unreasonable stuff.

“Jungkook loves you, he would love to receive anything for you, not just a love song, but a song you wrote with the thought of having his voice is enough to show that you’re thinking about him. Chill hyung, you don’t have to turn into a sappy rapper just because now you’re dating such a cute boy. You have become sappy anyway thinking about him all day long,” Namjoon laugh.

Yoongi smiled at that comment. Yes, he had turn into sappy for this cute bunny boy he met at the hospital.

“Why does Yoongi grin like a some of a lovesick fool?” Jin said coming from the kitchen with Jungkook following closely behind.

“He is a lovesick fool,” Namjoon commented, earning a glare from Yoongi that could give anyone a shiver. But Namjoon is his bestfriends, so he just grinned foolishly (although Namjoon and fool should never be in a same sentence but oh well) Jungkook only nudged him with a -eating grin. Feeling smug.

“So how many menu did you write up Kookie?”  Yoongi asked when the younger took a seat beside him.

“A few useful trick like stir-fried food, sandwiches,  and many simple dish that could fill our fridge. Let’s go groceries shopping tomorrow hyung,” he said excitedly.

“Are you sure you’d make edible foods? I don’t wanna die yet.”

Jin and Namjoon laughed and Jungkook pouted,”Hyung..” he whined.

“Don’t worry Yoongi, apparently Jungkook wanted to try cooking a little, from the very simple dish. Unlike someone I knew who depends his life on street foods and poor instant coffees. Besides, you guys could come to my restaurant every now and then for some takeouts.”

“True, if I have any indigestion I’ll come straight to your restaurant before I die.”

“Can I kill him now instead?” Jungkook grunted, sulking.

“Ohhh my baby’s upset, c’mere baby, come to hyung. I’ll give you a big hug,” Yoongi cooed jokingly making Namjoon and Jin laughed because, really, they never seen Yoongi being soft and adorable. Jungkook only give him a half-hearted smack.

“Guess we have to leave this couple on their honeymoon then,” Jin winked greasily making both Jungkook and Yoongi groaned while Namjoon only facepalmed over his boyfriend embarrassing behavior.

 

*********

 

“Jungkookie.”

“Yes hyung?” Jungkook replied from the living room.

“What are you doing?”

“Sorting some of my luggage. I need to put my clothes in your closet.”

“Can you just change into something comfortable and do the rest tomorrow?”

Jungkook entered the room 5 minutes later, freshly changed.

“There are still so much to do,” Yoongi felt the bed dipped as Jungkook made himself comfortable.

“Yeah, but I need my personal pillow now.” Yoongi said,”I wanna cuddle,” he added in a quieter tone.

Yoongi’s red tipped ear was the only indication that Jungkook had heard him right. He grinned and quickly slipped his right hand under Yoongi’s neck, right below Yoongi’s pillow.

“Come again hyung?” he teased.

“Shut up and cuddle with me,” Yoongi sneaked his hand on Jungkook’s back to bring their body closer. He did that to hide himself in Jungkook’s chest.

“How are you so savage yet so cute?” Jungkook settled his left hand on Yoongi’s waist.

“Am not cute. Let’s sleep. I’m tired.”

“Yeah yeah grandpa.”

Jungkook leaned back a little so that he could bright his left hand from Yoongi’s waist to cup his cheek and lift Yoongi’s face to him.

He stared lovingly at Yoongi’s feature and leaned to capture the older’s lips. Yoongi immediately kissed back and sighed contentedly. Jungkook swiped his tongue across Yoongi’s lips while Yoongi open his mouth to the younger. They deepened the kiss with the ocassional nip by Yoongi on Jungkook’s lower lips.

“I love you,” Jungkook whisper on Yoongi’s lips.

Yoongi smiled at that. Giving the last peck on Jungkook’s lips and go back to his hiding place in Jungkook’s chest.

“Awww…no I love you too hyung? I’m wounded,” Jungkook said playfully,

“I wanna sleep.” Yoongi closed his eyes stubbornly, pressing his face even deeper in the Jungkook’s chest, practically planting his head there.

Jungkook was feeling at peace and finally let himself drift into sleep but not before he heard a soft whisper.”I love you too.” 

 

*********************************************

 

“Why are you so nervous?”

“How can I not hyung?”

“Stop pacing around, it makes me dizzy.”

“But I feel so uneasy.”

Yoongi let out an impatient sigh then grabbed Jungkook’s wrist, pulled him into the couch.

“Hey, calm down. If anything I should be more worry because apparently my career choice is the one your parent deemed unfit and not promising.”

Today Yoongi’s parents decided to pay his son a visit because quoting from Yoongi’s mother I have two sons but neither have a heart to visit their parents often. I feel like my sons were forgetting me. Expecting a visit from you is harder than expecting a visit from a president.

Yoongi totally rolled his eyes at that but didn’t say anything.

I’m busy mom.”

I know. That’s why I should make sure that my son is alright. You only replied shortly when I texted you. You would never tell me anything even if you got sick. Your brother is expecting a child so I would be busier later.”

Yoongi had feel a little bit guilty after that because he did not tell his mom that he went to the hospital twice this year. Last time he met his parents was at his brother’s wedding almost two years ago.

“I would actually come when hyung had his child later, honestly. But I’m perfectly fine mom. I live with my boyfriend now.”

“You…what?”

Yoongi sighed. Here comes again..

“You live with your boyfriend and you didn’t tell me? Gosh I should really tell your dad to scold you but then again, your nonchalance attitude resembles him a lot.” His mom took a pause then,”Is he cute? Is he younger? What is his job?”

“Mom…”

“Alright…I would personally ask him in my visit on Saturday. But let me ask you just this one question. Is he younger?”

“Mom stop it! Yes he is. I’ll tell him to beware of you on your next visit.”

 

“Nah, don’t worry, she’s totally gonna love you. Maybe she would exchange our birth certificate to have you as her son.”

Jungkook laughed at that.

“You’re not that bad hyung.”

“Nah but she is a drama queen, my mom,” Yoongi talked with such a fond tone. His mom, who has been so understanding about his unusual personality, his uality, and supported him with his career choice from the beginning. His father was not that liberal but in the end, Yoongi proved that he could be succeed in his own choice so his had father acknowledged his hard work now.

 

*******************

 

Jungkook was doing dishes with Yoongi’s mom after the dinner while Yoongi and his father were at the couch, watching their loved ones get along well.

“He’s a good boy,” Yoongi’s father commented albeit without any expression, Yoongi knew better. His father was not the one to show many emotion or expression, unlike his mother. Yoongi inherited this side of him from his father afterall.

“Yes. I guess mom loves him.” Yoongi’s father nod shortly.

They keep the comfortable silence for a while, neither was good with small talk.

“You look happier.”

Yoongi stunned, but before he could say anything his father continued to speak,”You are happy with your life, happy with your career, happy with your love, that’s all I need to know. I’m proud of you Yoongi.”

Yoongi was never a type that easy to cry. His friends could count in one hand the times they see him cried. He didn’t even cry when Jaewon betrayed him, only became close untrusting person that he is now. But his father’s words made his eyes blurry. His father wasn’t one for heart to heart talking, he was so quiet, just like Yoongi. Hearing a heartfelt talk from his father was like a blessing he couldn’t even dare to ask. He tried to calm down by starring at Jungkook who smiled beautifully over his mother’s animated talk.

“Thank you, father. I am indeed happy,” he finally managed to say that, giving a sincere smile fof his father, who smile back softly.

Yoongi’s parents went with a content face that night, seeing that their son have a good life, but not before Yoongi’s mom made Jungkook promised that they would visit Yoongi’s hometown soon. But not before making a comment that made both Jungkook and Yoongi blush furiously.

“So tell me if you guys are going to settle down. I’m so excited of having a doctor as a son in law.”

 

************

 

It’s been really hard, keeping a secret from someone he lived with. Having a bunch of supportive friends help. But then again, Yoongi and Jungkook had been too busy to meet each other more than 2 hours a day, lately, aside from their sleeping time. The bright side of living together was that Jungkook’s bad sleeping habit has decrease a lot now. He was no longer kicking and moving around as much, but the koala hug stayed and Yoongi definitely had no complain about that.

It’s not Jungkook’s fault that they have little to no time together because he just got promoted to be a senior doctor and his work load increase despite having some junior doctors as assistants. Yoongi too, has been so busy. Yoongi had called Jungkook to the studio after the younger text him that his shift has ended that night. The rapper was telling the younger to bring him some lamb skewers because he wanted them so bad but there’s a piece of music he should finish and submit that day. Jungkook arrived a few minutes past eight pm bringing a cup of americano, a caramel macchiato for himself, and lamb skewers, earning a gummy smile from the older man.

Yoongi was alone in the studio, some hip hop bass playing through the headphone that was put on the table once Jungkook let himself in.

“I’m so hungry,” he reached for the plastic bag with a giddy reaction that was reserved for Jungkook to see.

“Say the truth, you skipped lunch, didn’t you hyung?” Jungkook narrowed his eyes.

“Well, you had an early shift today,” Yoongi avoided his stare and focused too hard on the skewers like a deer caught on the spotlight.

“Okay? I didn’t see any correlation with you skipping lunch?”

“Umm, we had no time to breakfast together, so I settled on a quick brunch on my way to the studio. Bought some breakfast set on McDonalds at ten.”

“And you didn’t have anything after that?” Jungkook’s voice seem laced with concern.

Yoongi fidgeted in his chair. Feeling somewhat guilty for making Jungkook worry. He was just not used of having such a normal habit like a normal people. He used to live carelessly. Being a producer and a rapper never guarantee a normal life after all since he used to sleep only two hours a day near deadline or when his underground group have a big gig. Hoseok and Jin usually remind him to eat because he often live off the poor coffee machine on the office.

“Erm, no, I have like two cans of coffee from the vending machine around two and four pm. And then I called you at six.” Yoongi mumbled.

Jungkook used his finger to cup Yoongi’s chin, brought the older’s face up and locking his eyes. Seeing the guilt in Yoongi’s eyes, Jungkook’s gaze soften. It was like the day when Yoongi show up bleeding at the hospital again.

“Hey, I’m not mad hyung,” he said lightly. “I’ll remind you to have some food in between my break from now on.”

Yoongi was overwhelmed. He never thought he’s deserve such a good guy like Jungkook.

“No, you are already busy, I promise I’ll take care of myself.”

Jungkook chuckled, raised his eyebrow.

“Really? I don’t mind though. Besides, I could just send you a pouting picture and you’d totally do anything for me,” he added playfully, earning a half-assed punch from Yoongi.

“And here I was thinking that I had such a nice boyfriend, but in reality, I had a sneaky doctor instead.”

Jungkook grinned,”But hyung,”

Yoongi sent a questioning stare at Jungkook, pause midway of chewing.

“You don’t get to drink the americano, you’ll have my caramel macchiato instead,”

Yoongi groaned, pouting uncharacteristically.

“ah, ah, no complaining. You already have that much dose of coffee, at least caramel macchiato has milk to reduce the effect.”

Yoongi sighed in defeat and take the caramel macchiato. True, he would do anything for Jungkook. What a sap (he was totally not complaining, not when he had such a hot and caring boyfriend)

“My mom said hi, she dropped by the hospital with dad earlier to have a regular check ups.”

Yoongi nooded,“I’ll call her later. I swear we’re like exchanging mom lately”

“True.” Jungkook laughed.

They ate the skewers in comfortable silence. Yoongi’s phone went off and he retrieve it from his pocket. He tapped his phone for a while knitting his eyebrows a bit in concentration. Jungkook thought that maybe the management must be requesting something from their genius producer. Jungkook loves seeing Yoongi in his music world.

“What are you working on hyung?”

Jungkook might be imagining things, but he thought he saw a pretty blush on Yoongi’s cheeks. He furrowed his eyebrows. Why would Yoongi blush when working on some music for idol?

“Remember when I said I wanted you to record your voice for me?”

Jungkook nodded.

“Well, there’s this song I wrote, I didn’t really write it specifically for you since I don’t really know how to write a love song, that was Namjoon on the lyrics usually. But since I want your voice in my song. Can you-“

“Yes hyung,” Yoongi looked up.

Jungkook was looking at him with such a fond expression and pride. There’s a warmth creep in Yoongi’s chest.

“You don’t even know what I was going to ask,”

"I don’t need a love song hyung, I’m not a teenager. Being a part of your precious piece is already amazing.”

“Gosh, you’re so cheesy.”

“But you love me,”

“I’m gonna play the song now. It’s really not much, and the melody is pretty simple I guess. You can go to the booth once you sure you can do the song.”

A dreamy melody started the song, the string and piano set the mood of the song, and Yoongi’s voice. How can someone’s voice sound like that, Jungkook thought. Yoongi’s rap is full of raw emotion, honesty and everything else. And then he heard the hook. The guide vocal’s voice was so beautiful.

“Hyung, the guide vocal’s voice is already beautiful, I don’t get why would you need my voice though,” he said honestly with a confused expression plastered on his face.

Yoongi eyed him in amused expression.

“I’ll tell Jin hyung that you like his voice then.”

Jungkook’s surprised expression was so comical.

“That was Jin hyung? I mean, I know he said he featured in some of Namjoon but I haven’t heard any of his record.” Jungkook said excitedly. “Whoaaa, Jin hyung—waaaa,” he still amazed.

“Well, Jin hyung’s voice suit the song but I think I want to hear your voice in this song too, since this is my personal song.”

“Okay hyung.”

“So, you like the song?”

“I love the song hyung, like is an understatement. I think I can record this right now.”

Once Jungkook inside the recording booth, Yoongi signaled him to listen to the song while humming. They began the recording and Jungkook was doing everything perfectly, adding some adlibs here and there, even recording some harmonization too. At some point Yoongi paused the session, asking his boyfriend if he wanted to be a singer instead and he would happily produce some great song for the ever so talented Jungkook. Jungkook only laughed at that, saying wittily that having a rapper boyfriend is already enough for his poor heart because he would compete with so many of Suga’s fans.

“Hey Kookie, I think it’s already done. Do you want to listen to the song from the top?” Yoongi said after pressing the intercom button.

Jungkook nodded happily.

Yoongi played the song from the beginning, ocassionally checking his phone and typing. Once the song end, Jungkook removed the headphone and smile.

“I’m glad it turns out great hyung.”

“Of course, I’m a genius after all,” Yoongi joked.

“Oh my god, I’m so honored to be featured on the genius Min Suga-nim’s work. I thing I saved the country in my past life,” Jungkook said exaggeratedly.

“Shut up you brat. Let’s review the song one more time, to see if there’s any space for correction,” there’s this strange glint in Yoongi’s expression that Jungkook could not pinpoint, bu he nooded. Maybe Yoongi is just being a perfectionist because, he had a reputation afterall as an amazing producer. Jungkook placed the headphone once again in both his ears to listen carefully.

The song was flowing, he liked the way his voice went after Yoongi’s rap, feeling the flow of emotion in the song. Suddenly, right after the song ended, he heard another piano melody. He shot a questioning look to Yoongi who only signaed him to listen.

The beautiful melody ended.

Hey Jungkook,” he heard Namjoon’s voice, followed by some greeting from the other hyung as well.

 Tae                  : So, I heard that you’re settle down and you find a boy-

Hoseok             : I think it’s not the time to sing Someone Like You, babe, but I love your voice.

Tae                   : Thank you hobiii hyungie…

Jin                    : oh my god these two idiots.

Jimin                : Jungkookieee, how are you doin? You’ve been so busy lately, we barely have our Friday nights together anymore, I’m sad….I don’t even have Hyukie with me too right now, he’s abroad.

Hoseok             : Don’t cry Jiminie, let’s do a group hug.

Jin                    : We’re going to talk about that later Jiminie, there’s something more important now.

Namjoon           : Thanks Jin hyung for setting us back on track. So, Jungkook-ah, there’s a certain hyung asked us to record something here.

Jin                    : I’m sure you know who is it.

Jungkook shot a look to Yoongi, who only send a gummy smile in return.

Tae                   : I don’t know if it’s a good idea but it’s really original though.

Jimin                : Yep. So kudos for Min-Suga-Genius-Jjang-Jjang-Man-Bbung-Bbung for that idea.

Hoseok             : As much as I love to add some meaningless trash talk right now, just to annoy Yoongi hyung

Jin                    : We don’t have a cold heart like his, so let’s start

Namjoon           : Jeon Jungkook

Jin                    : I know that Yoongi is such an emotionally constipated person sometimes.

Jimin                : And he could not take care of himself.

Hoseok             : But that was the reason he could meet you in the first place, because he could not take care of himself.

Tae                   : And I definitely not gonna complain because that was how I meet Hobi hyungie too.

Jin                    : You have been so patient waiting for Yoongi to open his heart for you, and now look at you two living together happily.

Namjoon           : You have done all the work in the relationship, so Yoongi hyung will do this at least.

Jimin                : We’re about to ask a question for you. Are you ready?

There’s a slight pause and Jungkook was getting the hang of this. He waited with a bubbling anticipation.

Jin                    : Jeon Jungkook

Hoseok             : Will

Jimin                : you

Tae                   : marry

Namjoon           : Yoongi hyung?

Jungkook didn’t know when did Yoongi enter the recording booth. He eyes was teary and his chest felt unbelievably warm with happiness. Yoongi removed the headphone from Jungkook’s head, starring lovingly at the younger who steal his heart at the hospital almost two years ago.

“Jeon Jungkook, will you marry me?” Yoongi was holding an opened box with a simple silvery ring inside.

“Yes. Yes. Yes! I love you hyung!” Jungkook was pulling Yoongi into a tight hug, relishing the love from the older as he sighed contentedly into the hug.

“Errr..Kook,” Yoongi said after a few minutes.

“Yeah?” Jungkook said from the crook of Yoongi’s neck.

“I still need to put the ring on your finger,” Yoongi chuckled lightly when Jungkook released himself from the hug with a red embarrassed face. How cute.

Yoongi swore that the day Hoseok forced him to the hospital was the best day in his life. He made a mental note to buy Hoseok some gift later. Jeon Jungkook is the best thing happen in his life. He put the ring on Jungkook’s finger and stare at the younger’s happy smile. He leaned in to kiss the younger slowly, feeling the Jungkook melt into the kiss.

“I love you too,” he said.

 

************** 

Sugakookie Proposal Project group chat

Chim     Hyung? (9.01 pm)

Chim     How? (9.01 pm)

Taetae  Did’ya alrdy play it? (9.03 pm)

Hobi     Everything goes well right? (9.03 pm)

Chim     I’m so nervous. (9.06 pm)

Chim     I mean (9.06 pm)

Chim    This is the first proposal from all of us (9.07 pm)

Hobi     Tru (9.08 pm)

Hobi     Always thought I’d be Namjin couple (9.09 pm)

Jin        I thought I’d be me 2 (9.15 pm)

RM       Relax hyung (9.17 pm)

RM       We got all the time in the world (9.18 pm)

RM       Just wait (9.18 pm)

Taetae  sensing (9.20 pm)

Taetae Joon hyung (9.20 pm)

Taetae already (9.20 pm)

Taetae planning (9.20 pm)

Taetae smtg (9.20 pm)

SugA    Guys (9.23 pm)

SugA    It’s supposed to be my proposal group chat (9.23 pm)

Hobi     We just wanna hear from you (9.24 pm)

Jin        Kookie would said yes of course, (9.25 pm)

RM       project’s done (9.35 pm)

Chim changed Sugakookie Proposal Project into NamJin aka Parents Wedding Project.

 

_End_