Part 3

That Sneaky Doctor! (Not That I Really Mind Though)

Sorry for the long wait and thanks for waiting patiently. Please let me know if you had any feedback for this story :)

 

************************* 

 

***to be continued***

Yoongi got discharged from hospital after being treated for almost a week but Jungkook informed Jin, that he still had to pay attention for his sleep hour, amount of drink and eating time strictly because he’s still in recovery. Namjoon told him that the company will give him several days off work so that he could go back to work with healthy physique and healthy mind (quotes by Namjoon)

A few days passed and Yoongi decided that he was super bored without anything to do at home (sure he was writing some lyrics most of the times and the lyrics certainly didn’t contain anything about some stupid handsome man with his stupid cute smile and bunny teeth and y smirk, no). Hoseok and Jin were stopping by a few times (well, Jin was coming every single day after his restaurant closed just to check if Yoongi ate everything he left on the fridge (Yoongi’s microwave was suddenly being used 3 times a day and he had memorized Jin’s line of taking some meds before eating, reheat the food and taking the rest of the meds after eating everytime he bid Yoongi goodnight).

Yoongi was supposed to rest at home until the next Thursday but he showed up at office in Monday, earning some loud complain from Hoseok and disapproval glare from Namjoon.

He was more than happy to produced some music again since he got some inspiration at home but he couldn’t record it right away, sure he could record himself singing with his phone but well, he just couldn’t explore the notes (besides, his voice was kinda…er…just…ah forget about that, he decided that it’d be great if Jungkook could help him singing the guide song he produced for the company).

At lunch break, Jin was scolding him after informed by Namjoon that Yoongi was in the company.

“I am fine hyung, really. It’s better for me to come here and work than being alone at home. There are no drama can beat anything Jimin and Hoseok did,” he heard Jin chuckled lightly.

“Okay, then don’t work overtime, You should be at home by seven on the dot at the latest, you understand, young man?”

Yoongi literally rolled his eyes at that. Jin always treated the others like his child, but Yoongi and JIn technically just 3 months apart.

”Really hyung? I’m not a kid, but before you lecture me with some health management lesson, o-k-a-y, I’ll be home at 7, now hyung you must be super busy, bye.” He disconnected the phone quickly.

“Jin hyung must be mad, knowing you work two days earlier than you should be,” Jimin concluded, gulping his ice americano.

Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jimin was having some lunch in company’s cafeteria. Hoseok was busy texting someone, Namjoon was eating his bibimbap while Jimin was enjoying seeing Yoongi being scolded by Jin, what a bunch of great friends he had, Yoongi sighed as he came back to his food.

“Yeah, but I’ll count on Namjoon to ease him though,” Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly. Namjoon groaned at that.

“As if you can calm down sulking Jin, Namjoon should bribe him with some pink stuff then,” Hoseok chimed in, putting his phone on his jeans pocket while Yoongi and Jimin only snickered.

“And who are you texting anyway hyung? You’ve been disappearing on me and constantly checking your phone lately.”

“He did? And I wonder why he didn’t nag me as much lately. I thought he was busy with dance practice,” Yoongi asked, now curious too. Now their attention was shifted to Hoseok.

Hoseok only giving his sheepish grin,”It’s Tae,” his right hand touched his neck, a sign that he was shy or nervous.

“Who’s Tae?” Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, confused.

“Kim Taehyung. A nurse that sometimes treat me at the hospital,” Yoongi answered, a teasing grin light his face,”and Hoseok’s huge crush,” he added, making Hoseok whined and facepalmed.  

“Kim Taehyung? As if Kim Taehyung? A boy with a boxy smile, same age with me, purple locks?” Jimin suddenly quipped.

“Err, he has orange locks now but he does look around the same age as you and has a boxy smile,” Yoongi elaborated, surprised that Jimin seemed to know Taehyung.

Hoseok also looked surprised,”You know him?”

Jimin nodded excitedly,”He is my neighbor hyung, I just met him last month. I just moved, remember?”

A look of recognition adorned Hoseok’s face as he brighten up,“Ahhh! I thought that the apartment building seemed familiar but I forgot when did I went there, no wonder since I just came there once when you moved in, you know I’m bad at direction. What a small world by the way. So you live near Taehyung?” he babbled excitedly.

“Yeah he lives in 1702 and I live in 1707, I met him a couple times when I first move to my current apartment, but I haven’t met him after that because , he seems like a fun guy to hang out with.”

“Hang on, I don’t even now Hoseok has a crush!” Namjoon protested,”so spill!”

Hoseok suddenly blushed, he only met Taehyung again twice during his ‘night shifts’ at Yoongi’s hospital room but he has completely smitten by the boy. Taehyung turn out to be a big dork with an adorable 4D personality and beautiful boxy smile. They had exchanged their phone number with Hoseok using Yoongi as an excuse (saying he should know how to treat Yoongi properly after Yoongi being discharged from hospital and bla bla bla).

“Well, …hyuuung, help meeee,” Hoseok used his  aegyo to plead Yoongi, too shy to tell Namjoon himself.

Yoongi rolled his eyes,”long story short, Taehyung was one of my nurse and Hoseok met him a few times, eyes went disgustingly sparkling since the very first time he saw Taehyung, done.”

“You left out the story that Taehyung is Jungkook’s best friend and assistant too hyung,” Hoseok chimed in, have heard the story about Namjoon and Jungkook’s as a close college friend.

Hearing about Jungkook’s name made Yoongi’s heartbeat rose and, he tried to prevent his cheeks to blush. Jungkook visited him several times, but he didn’t bring the topic about the kiss or the confession everytime they met. He just checked on Yoongi’s condition, keeping him company among his shifts, talking about their day and their hobbies (although Yoongi loves basketball, he didn’t understand Jungkook’s need to move his body a lot with some exercise or dances.) On Yoongi’s last day in the hospital though, just before Jin arrived to pick up Yoongi and brought him home, Jungkook showed up at his room, babbling about how he was too busy that day and he’s upset for not being able to send Yoongi off. He quickly hugged Yoongi, kissed his left cheek, winked, saying that they would definitely meet again soon, and leaving before Yoongi could even response to anything he did.

“Speaking about a huge big fat crush, why don’t you all hang out at my place next week, you know, I could invite Taehyung too for a movie night or something,” Jimin shot a biggest grin complete with his crescent eyes as Yoongi swore that his sunshine smile would blind someone someday.

“I think that’s a good idea, we haven’t hang out together for a while. Jin could always bring some food from the restaurant, I’ll text him now,” Namjoon agreed.

Hoseok eyed Yoongi with his mischievous glint and Yoongi suddenly nervous about what the boy would say, Hoseok and mischievous shouln’t be on the same sentence.

“I remember Taehyung said that he and Jungkook lived in the same apartment complex, why don’t you invite Jungkook too, Jimin-ah, since he is Namjoonie’s close friend too,” Hoseok looked like he was patting his own shoulder proudly for being such a genius (according to himself)

Yoongi felt like slapping Hoseok’s forehead for that just to wipe the smug expression off his face but then he would looked weird for Namjoon and Jimin. He definitely not spending his past days thinking about the younger one. NO, he was just inspired by the younger’s braveness. Yoongi didn’t like Jungkook, as a man (at least that was what he tried to tell himself) he just thought that Jungkook was attractive (and handsome,….and cute). He hadn’t met the younger since he was discharged and he thought that the young doctor must have only joking about the confession. Yoongi definitely wouldn’t fall on the same mistakes he made when he was younger. No, he would guard his heart carefully because giving his all to the wrong person only lead to a horrible heartbreak and pain.

“Okay, I’ll tell Taehyung once I get home to asked about his free time as well as his friend’s free time.”

And Yoongi thought about any excuse he could come up next week to avoid the event.

********

Surprised was an understatement to describe what Yoongi’s feeling the moment he stepped in to the company’s studio that day. He didn’t expect to see Jungkook, sitting on the couch, laughing at something Hoseok said. He saw Namjoon and Jimin laughing as well. That is, until Jungkook turn his head to the door’s direction and saw him standing there, frozen.

“Hyung!” he waved excitedly to greet Yoongi. Yoongi approached them, confused as to why Jungkook was there.

“What are you doing here Jungkook-ah?” Yoongi placed his backpack in his chair and face the group.

“I had a day off hyung, and I was bored so I call Namjoon hyung to hang out so he told me to come here.” Jungkook said with a big bunny grin and scrunching nose. It was a lie of course. Jungkook did have a day off but he call Namjoon on purpose, knowing that he had to meet Namjoon if he wanted to meet Yoongi. He spent days after Yoongi got discharged, thinking about the older man and how to approach him. Yoongi haven’t come to the rap gig too so Jungkook assumed that he’s still haven’t recovered well. Besides, Jungkook forgot to asked for the older’s number so he couldn’t approached Yoongi in other way.

“And I brought some vitamins for you as well, since I thought that maybe you’ll still had weak stamina,” Jungkook rummaging his backpack and gave some meds to Yoongi. Yoongi accepted and thanked Jungkook.

“How do you know? He had weak stamina to begin with but he got tired sooner now,” Hoseok chimed, amazed at Jungkook’s understanding about Yoongi’s health.

“I’m his doctor hyung,” Jungkook stated simply and give his friendly smile to Hoseok.

“Oh yeah Jungkook-ssi, I heard you like dancing? Do you want to see our dancing studio? I’ll introduce you to Jimin too, he’s a part of this crazy so-called gang,” Hoseok offered excitedly. Yoongi smirk, he’s sure that Hoseok was only going to ask Jungkook about Taehyung.

“Sure hyung, just call me Jungkook like everyone else, Namjoon hyung’s friends are my friends too,” he said kindly.

They left while chatting with each other happily and Yoongi let out a sigh of relief.

Namjoon, being an observant kid (Yoongi’s term, everyone’s a kid, like a grandpa he is), place his hand on Yoongi’s shoulder.

“You okay hyung?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, let’s start,” Yoongi brought his chair near the recording studio panels.

“Hyung, We’ve been friends since ages, you could always told me if something’s bothering you. I know there’s something about Jungkook’s visit that made you uncomfortable.”

Yoongi should’ve know better than fooling Namjoon’s genius brain so he gave up easily, shoulder slumped, and spilled,”That kid, at the hospital, he said he likes me.”

“Okay, I don’t see any problem with that,” Namjoon raised his eyebrows, seemed unfazed.

“You knew?” Yoongi was surprised to see Namjon’s reaction, he thought that the younger would be surprised.

“About what? that he confessed to you?”

Yoongi nodded.

“No, but I thought that was obvious since the first time I saw him in your room back then at the hospital. He seemed, totally mesmerized. And then the kid keep asking me about your condition saying that you are his patient and his, as I quote him ‘good friend’s-friend’”Namjoon raised his fingers to make a quotation’s sign,”so I figured that much. Hey, I’ve known him longer than you so it wasn’t that hard to figure this and that. Besides, he spent awfully lot times in your room for a normal doctor-patient relationship,” Namjoon ended with a shrug.

When Yoongi didn’t answer, Namjoon continued,”But still hyung, why would you seemed so tense? I’m sure Jungkook is a good kid. He might seemed a bit rude to someone he didn’t familiar with but he’s a bright kind kid who’s very attentive and care about people around him.”

“I know, and he never act rude around me at all so that wasn’t the problem.”

“Then what?”

Yoongi hesitated but he know that if there’s someone who wouldn’t judge him, it would be Namjoon.

“I’m not ready to start a new relationship. You know how my past relationship affected me right?” Namjoon nodded so Yoongi continued,”It’s just that I started to like Jungkook truth to be told, but I don’t want to mislead him when I am myself not ready to give him anything more than just a friendship. He’s a kind kid and I don’t want him to waste his time for someone like me who’s too scared to trust someone else,” Yoongi said.

Of course Namjoon understood. Yoongi had been betrayed by someone he trusted the most, someone he entrust his heart to. But Namjoon also knew that Jungkook was different that Yoongi’s ex. Namjoon didn’t know Yoongi’s ex personally because he met Yoongi after Yoongi’s painful breakup but Yoongi finally opened up to him and Hoseok some time along their friendship when they shared their stories and struggle. If Namjoon and Hoseok knew Yoongi’s ex back then, they wouldn’t hesitate to teach him a lesson or two with some punches.

“But hyung, you couldn’t close your heart forever just because of that jerk. You should prove to yourself that you deserve someone much better than that bastard. And I thing Jungkook deserve a chance too,” Namjoon argued.

Yoongi thought about it. Yes, he was being unfair at Jungkook. Jungkook wasn’t Jaewon. He had already moved on long time ago but the scar, the trauma, never gone easily. Maybe he should be fair and give Jungkook a chance to know him better? Then Jungkook could decide if he’s worth to be with and if the younger wouldn’t want him, he would accept the decision.

*****

Jungkook stayed for lunch. He got along well with Yoongi’s bunch of friends. Seokjin even stop by to have lunch together with them and brought some snacks with him.

“Guess what hyung! Jungkook was soooooooo great at dancing! I almost thought that he was a trainee but then again he was better than all of the trainees, he even had a battle with Jimin!” Hoseok told Seokjin animatedly.

“Ah hyung! You’re being overdramatic! I was just following Jimin hyung’s steps,” Jungkook blushing at the compliment.

“Meh, one doesn’t simply following Jimin’s steps at dance Jungkook-ah,” Namjoon stated plainly.

“Right,” Seokjin added.

“Yeah, you all should really watched them, they are amazing,” Hoseok added, making Jungkook flustered more.

“By the way, I had invite Taehyung for a movie night next Friday, do you have any time Jungkook-ah?” Jimin asked the youngest, excited.

Jungkook seemed relieved with the change of the topic and fished out his phone,”Wait, let me check my schedule first.” He scrolled through his phone for some time.

“I’m free, I have morning shift next Friday so, sure.”

**********

That day, Yoongi couldn’t concentrate at all. With Jungkook being around all day long, he could barely finished a song (with a huge help from Namjoon too). Jungkook didn’t bother him, in fact he just sat there, watching them working intently and that was the problem. Yoongi was curious what went through the younger’s  head, why would he spent his day off here instead of resting at his home, and why does he look so handsome? So many lyrics went through Yoongi’s brain though and he wasted no time to write it in his ipad. Jungkook eyed his hyungs curiously. They looked so serious producing some great music. Jungkook though that Yoongi being focus on his work was very interesting and y. Sometimes he ruffled his own hair and sighed in frustration (little did he know that the frustration was caused by himself), maybe he lost his ideas or he thought that his work wasn’t good enough (that’s what he thought).  

“Jungkook-ah, I should go fetch Jin hyung, are you okay being here with Yoongi hyung?” Namjoon asked Jungkook who’s now listening to the final product of the song.

“Of course hyung, I’ fine.”

“Yoongi hyung, don’t go home too late. You know Jin hyung will call you in two hours and you should get your home by then, bye!” with a slight smirk, Namjoon left them alone.

‘“Brat!” Yoongi muttered lowly.

“You’re still doing something hyung?” Jungkook brought his chair closer to Yoongi’s chair.

“Yeah, there’s some lyrics in my head I just want to write it before I forgot,” Yoongi continued writing on his ipad.

“Do you want to grab some dinner later hyung?” Jungkook said, eyeing the older’s reaction.

Yoongi pause for a second, seemed pondering about the offer,”Sure Jungkook-ah,” he flashed his gummy smile at the younger, making Jungkook surprised and flustered at the sudden action.

Jungkook’s heartbeat went crazy just because of that smile. Yoongi had a beautiful smile and he determined to see that breathtaking smile more often.

“May I listen to your songs as I waiting hyung? I noticed that you haven’t come to the gig lately, I miss your voice and your music,” Jungkook asked.

The tip of Yoongi’s ears gone red and he blushed, but his voice were steady when he answered,”I haven’t fully recovered and I still feel weak sometimes, so, I don’t wanna disappoint the listener with a half hearted performance, so,” he shrugged. He placed his ipad on the hesk and started to turn some panels and click on his laptop that connected to the studio panels. Soon, the music blast on the studio and Jungkook’s face get brighter if that’s even possible.

“Hyung! This is my favorite song!” he said excitedly.

“Thanks. I guess I’ll finish in 15 minutes then we can go and grab some dinner.”

Jungkook nodded and settled himself in the chair, leaned his body and closed his eyes, enjoying the music. Yoongi watched him intently and all the lyrics flowing out. He typed furiously on his ipad, glancing at Jungkook sometimes, he didn’t quite understand why seeing Jungkook’s face inspire him so much.

He finished later that he expected because the ideas were just overflowing hin his brain, but Jungkook didn’t complain or say anything, his eyes were opened now and he was studying Yoongi’s face. He had such a white translucent skin, so pale that you could’ve mistaken him as a vampire if such thing does exist but then again, Jungkook scoffed at his thought, vampire doesn’t go to hospital. Some people wpuld absolutely look ridiculous on mint hair, but Yoongi pulled off the look so effortlessly and he looked amazing in them. His face was small with a nice shaped nose, small cute eyes that could look so sinful with eyeliners applied (he always look at Yoongi’s eyes everytime he watched his gig), that small eyes now were bared from eyeliners but still look beautiful to Jungkook’s eyes. His lips were pink and Jungkook may or may not have thought of stealing a kiss just to taste those pink lips and to see Yoongi’s reaction, but he restrained himself. He would definitely do that but not now. He was caught staring when Yoongi deemed himself finished and turned his head up to tell the younger.

“I guess I’m done.”

“Okay, do you have any ideas about dining place nearby hyung? I honestly haven’t been here before so I don’t know much about this area.”

“Well, there’s Jin hyung’s restaurant some blocks away, but since he’s gone with Namjoon, I goess we should go somewhere else, the food tasted better when he cooks them personally,” he said when they walked through the corridor,”there’s this place that sells lamb skewers, have you ever taste some lamb skewers?” Yoongi asked the younger who merely shook his head.

***************

“Hyung! This is amaziiing! Whoa, I never knew that lamb skewers are sooo delicious!” Jungkook claimed excitedly as he stuffed the fourth skewers on his mouth. Yoongi chuckled. Jungkook was so cute.

“Slow down boy, the skewers ain’t going anywhere.”

They ate and chat for quite some time and Yoongi must admit that he enjoy the younger boy’s presence. He was fun. He didn’t mind that Yoongi wasn’t much of a talker and they just talked about music and everything else. In the end, Yoongi insist to pay, argued that he was older despite Jungkook’s complain that he was the one who asked Yoongi out for a dinner. Yoongi only ruffled the younger’s hair which made Jungkook froze instantly, saying that he could always treat Yoongi next time.

That made Jungkook feeling some kind of bubble in his stomach. Yoongi was willing to spend some more time with Jungkook then. That he had a chance to approach the older.

“Okay, then I’ll send you home hyung!” the younger had this determined face that looked cute according to Yoongi.

Jungkook ended up sending Yoongi to his apartment which surprisingly only ten minutes away driving  from Jungkook’s. He walked Yoongi to the front of his apartment door.

“Thanks for the treat hyung. I’ll definitely treat you next time,” Jungkook said,, giving his cute bunny smile Yoongi has grown to like.

“You don’t have to but..anytime.”

There’s a silence that following after and both of them didn’t know what to do, only exchanging shy glances one another.

“I guess I have to go now. But let me get your number hyung, so that I could treat you for another lunch or dinner,”he fished out his cellphone and gave it to Yoongi. Yoongi typed his phone number and give Jungkook’s phone back. Jungkook dialed the phone and when Yoongi’s ringtone blasting, he said,”That’s my number hyung.”

He gave the older man aquick hug and a kiss on the cheek which surprise Yoongi as he had no time to register the action. His face turned crimson and Jungkook smirked, saying,”Bye hyung, see you on Friday!” then walked away.

Yoongi was stunned, turned around to punch his passcode but he heard a footsteps walking closer.

“I wanted to do this since this morning but I guess I’ll just do it now,” he heard Jungkook said and suddenly he felt a pair of lips planted firmly on his. The kiss lasted only few seconds but Yoongi’s breath was hitched and his heartbeat was pounding it hurts his head.

“Good night hyung,” Jungkook smile sincerely and walked away leaving Yoongi more speechless.

He’s gonna be the death of me.

 

***** to be continued******