Part 1

That Sneaky Doctor! (Not That I Really Mind Though)

 

Yoongi woke up drenched in sweat. His head was spinning and felt like being hammered. His whole body was in pain, his throat felt sore and he had to force himself to wake up with a groan. He remembered that today was Friday and his song was due on Saturday, so he had to go to Bighit studio to add some finishing touch to his song. He worked as a producer and composer in Big Hit Entertainment. He occasionally rapped underground too. He worked with Namjoon and Hoseok both in studio and in underground scene (as Hoseok always claimed, they are best of the bestest buddy who were always together and supported each other beautifully; Yoongi had snorted at that)

 

He dragged his ached limbs to the bathroom and decided that maybe took a shower with warm water would help, nearly slipped in front of the shower stall because of his dizziness but thankfully somehow he managed to finish his shower. He quickly get dressed and grabbed some milk from the fridge.to fill his empty stomach.

------------***------------

"Hyung!! You look terrible!" the ever so loud Hoseok exclaimed adding some painfull blow to Yoongi's headache as he entered the recording studio. Of course Hoseok, the mother hen among them all beside Seokjin (Namjoon's boyfriend and a restaurant owner near BigHit headquarters) would notice his weak state. Yoongi had pale skin to begin with but even his face had become paler (if that's even possible) with a pair of swollen tired bloodshot eyes and runny nose.

"Thanks," he mumbled weakly settling himself in front of the recording booth panels..

"Hey hyung," Namjoon entered the room and seated beside Yoongi's chair.

"He's sick Joon," Hoseok informed, making Namjoon turned his attention to the oldest of them three.

Yoongi, too dizzy to roll his eyes only managed to replied,"I'm fine. I had to finish the song,"

Namjoon only raised his eyebrow and quickly checked Yoongi's temperature with his big palm,"No, you're burning up hyung. Hoseok, tell Bang PD that hyung is very sick and please ask him if there's any car available to send him home."

"But the due-"

"I can finish them hyung, or you don't trust me?" Namjoon cut him. That's just a ridiculous argument. Namjoon is one of the best producer if not the genius one. Yoongi couldn't not trust him.

"Of course I trust you but-"

"No buts hyung" this time Hoseok cut him,"you've been staying too long in the studio these days, sleep only two or three hours per day, didn't eat anything properly and squished your brain out. Now, I'll take you home and you should go rest properly this time." Hoseok's voice is stern leaving no room for argument.

------------***------------

Hoseok took him home with company's car, stopping by in a pharmacy to buy some headache and cold meds, and picking up some foods from Jin, not without some long nagging but Hoseok stopped the mother of the mother hen by saying that Yoongi really needed to go home fast and rest well.

Hoseok prepared some food and meds and brought them to Yoongi while Yoongi sat on the bed quietly.

"Hyung, eat this and the meds and then sleep. I had to get back to the office but I promise that I'll try to come back here soon."

Hoseok stayed until Yoongi finished half the food (his stomach couldn't accept more) and took his pills.

"Go, I'll just sleep. And don't come if you haven't finish with work. I'll be okay," Yoongi said.

Hoseo hesitantly agreed,"Okay hyung, just text me or call me if you need something okay?"

Yoongi just shoo him with his left hand while muttering a soft,"thanks."

------------***------------

Yoongi slept for 3 hours but his headache didn't seem to go away and his body once again drenched in sweat. His body felt like he just got beaten hardly. He went to pee in the bathroom, shuddered because suddenly he felt so cold all over his body. He checked his phone to see if there's any message from Namjoon about the song's progress.

There're only kakao texts from Jin and Hoseok.

 

   Jin mom

hey there grumpy cat, have you got any better? 12.05 pm

if you need something just call me 12.05 pm

have you eaten yet? 12.06 pm

(ah right, Hoseok told him in the car that Jin packed him lunch and some bread for snacks too. He quickly type a reply.)

just woke up. I feel like . 12.48 pm

Will eat your packed lunch right away and took some meds again. 12.48 pm

 

then some text from Hoseok

  Hobi

hyung, don’t forget to reheat the packed lunch. 12.16 pm

I think I’ll be there a lil bit late today. Jimin said he needs some help with his choreography. 12.17 pm

(Hoseok was the leader of the coreographer too along with Jimin. Yoongi dragged his body to the kitchen and found the said lunch box, pouring the lasagna inside the box on a plate and reheat it on the microwave. He placed the medicine beside the late and replied to Hoseok’s message.)

okay. don’t worry. I’ll just eat and sleep again. 12.56 pm

------------***------------

The medicine made him drowsy again, so he went back to his bedroom and closed his eyes.

A loud ringtone made him open his eyes.

Namjoon

“Yeah?” he croaked.

“Hyung? How’s your condition?” Namjoon said with his deep voice.

“Still the same as this morning, or maybe I should admit, a little bit worse. How’s the song?”

“Hyung! This is not the time to concern yourself about that damn song! Your health is more important hyung!”

“Now you sound like Jin hyung,” Yoongi chuckled, only his voice was a little bit hoarse.

“Ah well, couldn’t help it, he rubbed of me,” Yoongi imagined Namjoon will scratched his neck with a sheepish smile,”but seriously get some rest hyung.”

“I was going to sleep when you called brat,” Yoongi replied, half grumpily half jokingly.

“Ah sorry hyung. Get well soon, you know I’m not as good as you with all of this panels, what am I gonna do without you!” he whined uncharacteristically,”The song has finished though and Bang PD was happy with the final result, so don’t ever think about going back to work before you get healed completely okay?”

“Bye, let me sleep then.” Yoongi end the phone and smile softly. His close friends were so attentive to his well being. He closed his eyes.

------------***------------

However, his condition only seems to get worse at the evening, so he had no choice but to call Hoseok and asked the younger to accompany him to the doctor because he might faint if he go alone. Namjoon must be picking up Jin now and the only available person is Hoseok. The younger agreed right away, telling him to wait for a moment since he had to take a shower after dance practice and hail a cab to Yoongi's apartment.

Hoseok took him to emergency room and prepared all the admission paper while Yoongi waited at the hospital bed to be treated. A nurse came to check his blood pressure and temperature. He got a fever at 40.4 degrees celcius. An emergency doctor came and check him, telling him that they had to run some blood test to him and that he should be treated at the hospital because they had to monitor his condition better. Then the nurse came back and set a double syringe infusion set on his right hand. One syringe was connected to the IV bag and the other was used to inject the other.

He was transferred to the hospital room after the nurse injected some medication for his fever and headache.

------------***------------

“You don’t have to stay here, you know. There are some nurses and doctor and I just have to press a button if I need something,” Yoongi said when he saw there’s no sign of Hoseok leaving. It was already 10.00 pm.

“I know hyung, but it’s just sad if you’re sick and alone in the hospital. Besides, I’m fine. Tomorrow Jin hyung will come here and replaced me though. Now shut up and rest. I'll sleep here and you can't shoo me,” Hoseok gave his sunshine smile and Yoongi gave up, realizing that he'd do the same if the role was reversed.

The doctor in charge came at around 11 pm. Yoongi had imagine that the doctor would be an old man or woman, in his or her 40s, with a stern expression out of exhaustion because of their hard job on this late night. He would never expected a kid, well not really a kid, but definitely the doctor was younger than him, with a big doe eyes, defined nose, sharp jawline and bunny teeth completed with a set of bright grin to compliment his overall handsome looks. He looked too bright for someone who had to work at 11 pm, at least to Yoongi’s opinion.

He came with a nurse that brought some files in a paper board and pen. The nurse checked his blood pressure and temperature again and announced that his fever has went down to 37,8 degrees.

“Good evening,” his eyes glance at the name board above Yoongi’s bed,”Yoongi-ssi, my name is Jeon Jungkook and I’ll be in charge of your recovery. They told me you had high fever and your blood test result has out. Your trombosit levels are a little bit below normal but your fever has went down a bit. How do you feel?”

Yoongi starred at the handsome doctor for a while, eyeing his features and admiring his jawline until Hoseok cleared his throat to knock his senses.

“Err…my head is throbbing, I feel a little bit sick in my stomach too and I catch a cold,” he said weakly.

“Did you have any diarrhea?”

“Yes, this morning I went about 5 times to the bathroom.”

The doctor, Jungkook, as Yoongi engraved the name in his brain smiled and said,”Okay, let me examine you for a bit.”

Jungkook came closer and pull a flashlight from his white robes pocket, he checked Yoongi’s eyes as well as his throat condition. Then he checked Yoongi’s body with the stethoscope and Yoongi prayed that his heart wasn’t beating crazily at the moment.

“I assume that you got gastroenteritis. It’s an inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract that involves the stomach and small intestine. It is caused by dehydration, infections by viruses or bacteria due to eating improperly prepared foods and declined stamina due to lack of sleep or fatigue....................,” he explained mostly to Hoseok because Yoongi didn’t seem to pay attention at all (he’s to busy admiring Jungkook’s voice)

“He was overworking himself the past weeks, I bet he only eat some street foods on his way back from studio, he also didn’t eat and rest properly,” Hoseok informed the young doctor.

Jungkook nooded sympathetically,”So, I guess we’ll give you IV drips every 4 hours, with an antibiotic injection every 6 hours, and some pills to subdue your headache. A cold medicine syrup will be placed on the night stand, please take it after you eat. We’ll have to run a blood test everyday to monitor your progress. For the mean time, don’t eat anything beside the foods prepared here as your stomach is still weak now. Is there anything else?” he ended with a bunny smile that’s just too adorable for Yoongi’s poor heart. The nurse wrote everything Jungkook said on the paper board.

“How old are you?” that question came out of his mouth before he could stop it,”I mean you seems to young to become a doctor, not that I don’t trust you though ,” his cheeks suddenly felt hot and he felt utterly embarrassed for asking such a dumb question.

Jungkook chuckled and Yoongi wanted to hid himself in a cave (but he would like to record the beautiful chuckle sound first and bring it to the cave with him),”I’ll tell you in my next visit. Rest well Yoongi-ssi and drink a lot of water too, Good night.”

With that Jungkook and the nurse walked out of the room.

Hoseok didn’t said anything, only wiggled his eyebrows and smiling mischievously.

“What?!”

“So…, a doctor hyung?” he teased. Yoongi knew that Hoseok would never let the opportunity to tease Yoongi slipped

“Oh shut up! He’s just a kid!” Yoongi growled, closing his eyes.

“A kid who managed to flustered you and picked your interest,” the teasing tone.

“I’m not interested, I’m just curious,” Yoongi glared at the younger, but even a all glare manage to make his head throbbing painfully.

“Same old hyung. Wait until Jin hyung know about it. Now, like the ever so adorable doctor has said, sleep hyung,” Hoseok shush him and he knew that there’s no point arguing more, so he closed his eyes and sleep right away.

------------***------------

He couldn’t really sleep well, he woke up several times to pee and wipe his sweat. He had to pee a lot of times too because of the infussion salute.

It was uncomfortable because he should bring the infusion pump everytime he went to the bathroom and Hoseok would always woke up from the chair beside his bed but he assure the younger that he could do it alone and the younger should rest.

When the hospital staff came to bring him his breakfast, he was already awake. A nurse came to check his condition as usual, and his body temperature gas gone down to 36. The nurse continued to draw some blood from his left hand for another test. Hoseok woke up when the nurse finished checking his body temperature.

“Is there any discomfort Yoongi-ssi?” the nurse asked him.

“My head is still throbbing and I need a towel and a change.”

“Okay, I’ll bring you the pill for the headache. Do you need any help in wash up?”

“I can help you hyung,” Hoseok chimed.

“Nah, I want to take a shower, I sweat too much last night.”

Hoseok stood up and took the eating table to Yoongi.

“Eat hyung. I had to leave after you eat but I think Seokjin hyung will come at lunch time. You okay being alone here?”

Yoongi eyed the chicken porridge weakly,”Yeah, don’t worry about me. But do I really need to eat this? I don’t have any appetite though.”

“I could always call Jin hyung to tell him,” Hoseok threatened him.

Yoongi didn’t want to be nagged all day long by Jin, so he forced himself to eat the porridge. It tasted bad, he never liked hospitals food.  He only ate half bowl and then eat the meds prepared by the nurse.

------------***------------

Hoseok was leaving after he finished shower because the younger worried that he might faint in the bathroom (Hoseok even asked Yoongi not to lock the bathroom door too,”Because you had to use only your left hand to shower, that must be difficult hyung!”). Yoongi concluded that Hoseok should not hang out with Jin too often as his motherly side rubbed off the younger too much.

Yoongi put the towel on his head and dried his hair with his left hand when Jungkook came.

The young doctor looked smoking hot with his white robe and fresh looks. His brunette locks looked so soft Yoongi wanted to run his hair in them.

“Hello Yoongi-ssi,” the doctor smiled at him. He came alone, much to Yoongi’s chagrin because he might not able to handle himself being alone with the handsome doctor. But Yoongi, being himself, managed to show his cool façade. He just prayed that he wouldn't make a fool out of himself like last night. Not quite a good first impression, according to Yoongi.

“Hi dr. Jeon,”he said calmly. Oh, how he’s proud of himself for being able to keep calm.

“Just call me Jungkook. I’m four years younger than you Yoongi-ssi,” he offered his damn bunny smile to Yoongi who struggled to keep his face from blushing. Jungkook’s only 23 years old, such a baby.

“dr. Jungkook then. How do you know my age? Oh that’s another dumb question, patient’s record right?” he gave the younger small smile.

Jungkook nodded,”Yeah.” Instead of examining him, the younger pull a chair beside his bed and sat there.

“Don’t you have another patient to check dr. Jungkook?” Yoongi continued to dry his hair.

“Here let me help you,” Jungkook took the towel and Yoongi let him help drying his hair. He knows his ears were turning red but thankfully, his ears were concealed by the towel,”and nope, my shift hasn’t started yet.”

“Did you even sleep?” Yoongi asked curiously, fazed at the younger’s freshness despite having his shift late last night and had to standby in the morning.

“Of course, you are my last patient last night, so I got home and managed to have a healthy 7 hours sleep. My shift is at 10 am today. I still have an hour left before starting my work,” the younger explained, still running the towel on Yoongi’s head.

“But what are you doing here though?” Yoongi asked the younger, not quite understand as why would the younger came if his shift hadn't even start yet.

The younger gave him a big grin,“I want to hang out with my favorite rapper!”

Yoongi was shocked,“How do you know I’m a rapper? I believe that Hoseok would not write my occupation as a rapper on the patient's record right?” Hoseok must've wrote his job as a producer.

Jungkook’s face turn a bit pink and Yoongi just barely contained himself not to coo at the younger’s cute face.

“ Uhm..well,….I had seen your performances in Hongdae,…..as Suga, and I recognize your face right away when I saw you last night.” The young doctor pull the towel and placed it to his lap, playing with it and he eyed the towel as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. A faint blush still adorning his face and his ears were so red.

“Ahh..I see. You like hip hop too?” Yoongi gave his smile to the younger and the younger turn his face up again only to find a smiling Yoongi and his face turned beet red too as he said yes.

 Right at that moment Namjoon and Jin entered the room. Yoongi turned his head to the door while Jungkook facing down, trying to cool down his heated face.

“Jin hyung? Hoseok said you’ll come at lunch time,” Yoongi asked.

“I planned to, but I figured that Henry hyung could handle the restaurant alone for today so I came earlier.”

“Jungkookie?” Namjoon suddenly said out loud as he seemed to recognize the young doctor. Jungkook snapped at the voice and his face turned bright as he smiled happily.

“Joonie hyung!” Jungkook stood up and hugged Namjoon.

The released themselves from the bear hug, still smiling,“What are you doing here?” Namjoon asked.

“I am the doctor in charge of Yoongi-ssi.”

Namjoon nodded understandingly,”Ahh.., he’s my bestfriend and co-producer, and this is my boyfriend, Jin hyung,” Namjoon pointed at Jin.

Jin extended his hands.”Kim Seokjin, and like Namjoon, you can call me Jin hyung too.”

Jungkook flashed his bunny grin again,”Jeon Jungkook. But how could Namjoon hyung got such a perfect and handsome boyfriend like you, Jin hyung?” Jungkook scrunched his nose in playful distrust.

“Brat!” Namjoon playfully slapped the younger’s arm.

“Actually after I came backk here several months ago, I saw your show at Hongdae with Yoongi-ssi several times, but either you disappeared backstage before I managed to grab your attention or I should go before the show ended. Plus, I don’t have your current number so..”

“Of course we should exchange numbers!”

They quickly fished their phones and save each other numbers.

Yoongi watched them curiously,”You guys know each other?” he pointed at Namjoon and Jungkook.

Namjoon was the one who explained,”He was my junior in high school. He’s so smart that he could skip 2 years of junior high school class, still my hoobae though when we first met,” Namjoon ruffled the younger’s hair. They seemed quite close, not that Yoongi was jealous, nope, not a chance, really, you guys don’t believe it? There’s no way Yoongi would jealous at them, he just knew Jungkook for two days and Yoongi was not crushing on anyone in just two days, big fat no. Besides, Namjoon had Jin, he reasoned, oh right! Jin! Yoongi turned his head to Jin who seemed indifferent as he walked to the nightstand beside Yoongi and placed two big plastic bag filled with what Yoongi though was some mineral water bottles and foods. Wait, does Jin know about Jungkook too?

“He featured in some mixtapes I made in high school and college before he went to England to study. This boy here had a golden voice, you know, he could dance too!” Namjoon continued, making the young doctor slightly flushed from the compliment.

“It’s not true hyung, I have an ordinary voice and I just dance to relief so stress,” Jungkook mumbled shyly.

“Namjoon’s right. I’ve heard some of the mixtapes and they’re so good!” Jin added, smiling kindly at the younger. He must’ve been already feeling motherly towards the younger, as he usually does to each of Namjoon’s close friends, Yoongi and Hoseok. Jimin was one of his ‘kid’ too, as Seokjin said that he always like Jimin’s cuteness and smile but Yoongi just couldn’t stand his energy. Put Jimin and Hoseok together and suddenly there would be balls of sunshine in a room. Definitely too bright for Yoongi’s taste. Yoongi absorbed the information, interested.

“Really? Because Namjoon rarely compliment someone’s voice, I guess I should asked you to try singing one of my song then.”

-------------- to be continued----------------------

 

hey guys, I originally wanted to make a onehot, but I guess I just get carried away with the story so bear with me please ^^

Please do comment and subscribe

as your comments mean a lot for me

sorry for the boring story though. It's just my second attempt to write a fanfiction

 

For the readers of my other story who was neglected for too long because my laptop was broken and I lost all of my data

Plase be patient and I'll try to continue that story too..I'm really sorry :(