9 - FRENCH HORNS IN THE FAMILY

The Ghost from the Vodka Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

"What did you get her?" 

 

I clutched the gift bag while flashing noona a tight smile from the rearview mirror. Dara was just casually whistling while leaning her back on my arm. We were in a car with Jay hyung driving in the front seat. Noona was sitting beside him and I was stuck in the backseat with the ghost from hell who wouldn't stop leaning her goddamn weight on me. Their very discreet present were placed in the back of their truck since it was too big to fit inside and the fact that it was a ing washing machine. I was really hoping noona wouldn't ask that seeing how she hadn't brought it up earlier and we were about to reach our destination. 

 

But you know my luck and how it . 

 

Noona turned to me with expectant eyes that showed a curious look in it. I heaved a sigh just as she was about to repeat, "What did you get her?" 

 

"You are stressing over nothing, man. Just buy her a notebook or something if you're that fixed on buying her something useful."

 

I shot Dara a deadpan look and raked my hand over my hair. I wouldn't have had this problem if she wasn't here. I was too caught up with having to deal with her that I didn't have time to plan and get ready for Mihyun. We're about to leave two days from now and I still haven't bought her anything! Why does noona have to buy a washing machine? How was I supposed to compete with that?

 

"You know what she'll like?" I rolled my eyes. "A burger, better yet a cheeseburger. Why not get some right now?" 

 

"I hate you so much." 

 

"Mwo?! What did I ever do to you, bastard?" The man 'beside Dara' who was actually beside me suddenly shot up and punched his fist on the table. The few customers that were in the convenience store flinched in surprised and looked into our direction. Why do I have to get the ones who failed their anger management classes?

 

You see this? You see this ? You did this.

 

"I can hear the love in your voice, babe. Keep talking." Dara replied monotonously as she picked on her fingernails. 

 

Well you better get ready to get punched in the face because that's what he's gonna do to me right now.

 

I saw Dara's head shoot up in alert just when this man's fist was inches away from my face. Before I knew it, my mind went blank but after a few seconds I gained it back but I had no control over my body. 

 

"STOP!" My hand grabbed the guy's arm and I could feel the guy struggling against my--or I guess Dara's--hold. 

 

"Stop?" The man laughed sarcastically. "You want me to stop?!"

 

"STOP!" She repeated. "In the name of looooovvvveeee!!!"

 

Oh you. Are you really doing th---

 

"Before you breeeaaakkk my hearttttt!" I felt myself removing my hands from him and stepping back while slightly dancing. 

 

The guy cracked his neck and both of us gulped. "You making fun of me, boy?" He stepped forward and we stepped back, with Dara raising my arms cautiously towards him. 

 

"Stop!" She repeated yet again but her sing-song voice was gone. 

 

"Why would I?"

 

She stepped up even though I was practically willing every muscle in me to do the opposite. She met with him head on, using my body. She took a few gulps from her bottle and I saw the guy watch me with amusement. I could vaguely hear someone telling us that no alcohol was allowed here. I shut my eyes in irritation. That was clearly the least important matter in this fiasco. Was violence allowed in this place because that's what's about to go down right now. 

 

I felt her raising my leg and I already knew that what was going to happen next was a bad idea. 

 

And it was. 

 

I heard the guy hiss out a loud curse as he slipped to the ground and hovered a careful hand over his groin. She sprinted out of there as soon as he hit the ground. You know I used to go to that convenience store a lot. Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm going to be going there anytime soon. 

 

Dara let out a big and exhausted-sounding breath while she leaned on my knees for support. She hasn't got out of my body yet by the way. At this point, I wasn't even fighting back to regain my body back. I knew that she was going to be dead tired after it and I may or may not hide her bottle from her. 

 

"What's your price range, daredevil?" 

 

Hell no. I am not going to let you buy the gift. 

 

"Well if you didn't go acting like such an anxious teenager, we wouldn't even have this problem so cough up and tell me your limit. I know what I'm doing."

 

I remember you saying the same thing when you tried to make breakfast and destroyed my kitchen yet aga---

 

"And I thought I was the girl here. Why do you keep bringing old up?" 

 

I was about to retaliate when I saw the people on the street looking at me... Dara inside my body, with a very judgmental look. We were walking and talking at the same time so it probably looked like I was talking by myself. Aloud for that matter. I sighed and just told her my price limit to make her stop and shut up already. She made me give myself a pat in the back and I just snarled at her, waiting for her to tire out. 

 

She stopped in front of the entrance of a store that was just crawling with women. It had kind of a dim lighting and had a black and pink motif. I shook my head as soon as I saw the name of the store and struggled to take back the control of my body. Some of the women inside the store were looking at me suspiciously while the others had hints of amusement in their eyes. I turned pale when I saw laced bras and underwear in almost every corner of the room. I would've covered my eyes and turned the other way by now but I found myself walking inside with a confident stride. I heard some of them whistle at me and Dara turned my head and made me wink. 

 

You are so gonna pay for this. 

 

"We went to Victoria's Secret, unnie-yah."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

Jay hyung almost veered off the road when noona screeched. It was a good thing that were almost a block away. 

 

"Don't tell me you got her Victoria's Secret, Jiyong." 

 

I could see hyung's ears perk up as soon as his 'favorite' store was mentioned. He gave us an expressionless side-glance. A smirk was tugging on the corner of his mouth. "I didn't know you and Mihyun were at that level now, Jiyong-ah." he chimed. 

 

"Shut it. I didn't buy her anything erted." I grunted. 

 

"Now, now, settle down. Do we need to have a little talk about your anger again?" He parked the truck smoothly on the side of the street that was near our house. He squinted his eyes at me before unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car. I scowled and gave him an inaudible 'piss off' and he just shook his head in return. I just gave myself a one-way ticket to another unwanted therapy session. Yay me. 

 

"Wahhh, your house looks small and cute like you are~" Dara sang, draping her arm on my shoulder and I shook it off of her. 

 

"I am like 2 ft taller than you." I spat. 

 

Dara looked at me teasingly and said, "I guess... but I said you were cute too! What are you gonna say about that?" 

 

I peered at her, "I'd say that you were goddamn ri---"

 

"Yongie." 

 

That familiar lazy-sounding voice snapped me out. There in front of me was a girl that was wearing running short and a t-shir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter