22 - A PART OF YOUR LIFE

The Ghost from the Vodka Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hey." she heard a man's soft voice. "Did you just wake up?" 

 

Slowly, Dara opened her eyes to see Kwon Jiyong looking at her with the same earnest eyes that she saw before she slept. He watched her look at him blankly and then scan the seemingly empty room. She turned her head to him when she felt a tight hold in her hand. She arched a brow. Was he holding her hand all this time? He just smiled in response and removed his hand, making her feel the coldness seeping back in her palms. 

 

"They're coming back later since they needed to go to work." Jiyong said, slowly unwrapping the food that was placed on the table in the room. He glanced up at her when he noticed her silence. He raised up a bowl of rice as he smiled innocently. "You hungry, Dara-yah?" 

 

She shook her head wordlessly and he frowned at that. He set the food down and sat beside her with his slumped shoulders. Dara couldn't help but be amused by his odd mannerisms. Kwon Jiyong looked like a child. 

 

He grumbled and took her hand again. She noticed how much he likes to touch her, especially her hands. Jiyong suddenly flicked her forehead and she widened her eyes at him, totally caught off guard and somewhat feeling appalled. He scoffed, trying to muffle an amused chortle.

 

"Yah, don't look at me like that." He jokingly peered at her. "You need to eat your food, Dara. Look at you! You're all skin and bones! In a chicken wing, you're that tip—the one that no one eats or pays attention to because it doesn't have any meat in it. Do you wanna be the undesirable tip, Dara? Do you not want people to eat you?" 

 

"No...?" 

 

Jiyong paused and furrowed his brows. "No on being the tip or no to people not wanting to eat you?" 

 

Dara creased her forehead and just opted to look back at the food that was on the table. She concludes that Jiyong was an enigma that she still couldn't understand. First it was Boys Over Flowers and now it came to chicken wings? No she didn't want to be the undesirable tip and no she also didn't want people to eat her. Was cannibalism made legal now? Why was he asking her that?

 

Jiyong shook his head when he saw her sporting a wondrous pout. He put a hand over her head and she initially flinched but eventually relaxed. He remembers from Dara's memories that her father used to pat her in the head all of the time and he wonders if she got scared because he did it. He lifted his hand off of her head and was about to take it back when her fingers suddenly pinched the arm of his sleeve. She was looking at him impassively but then he saw the look in her eyes that Seunghyun was too late to see. He rested her hand on top of her head and pecked her cheek. He saw how it made her blushed but she was still able to maintain her cool facade. 

 

"Just wait here for a bit and I'll move the table near to you, arasso?" 

 

She slightly nodded and he quickly rolled the overbed hospital table over to her lap and unwrapped all the other food that a nurse brought in just a few minutes ago. After he was done, he looked at her expectantly while she just stared at the array of dishes in front of her. 

 

"Do you want me to feed you?" Dara inwardly cringed when he heard the teasing tone in his voice. 

 

"I'm not hungry..."

 

"Do we have to go over the chicken wing thing again, Sandara?" he gave her a pointed look. 

 

Her eyes glanced down to her hands and arms and once again noticed how terribly skinny they were. She looked at him with a frown and he raised his brows at her. 

 

"Am I... Am I really undesirable...?" she muttered. He widened his eyes and almost made a commotion when his chair fell because he stood up too fast. 

 

"Undesirable?" he laughed bitterly. "You are the most beautiful and hottest girl that I saw in my—what, 23 years?—of existence!" She didn't know if she should laugh or be scared by how riled up he was getting. "You are the most desirable woman on the planet, okay?! Who told you that you're undesirable, huh? Who told you that? They need to get punched in the face." 

 

"Y-you did." 

 

Jiyong paused again. After a few seconds, he silently fixed his chair and sat down while pursing his lips. 

 

"Let's eat now, shall we?"

 

Dara released a grunting whine and Jiyong flashed her a look as if saying 'excuse me?' in an incredulous way. She saw him take a spoon and fill it to the brim with some rice. Like feeding a toddler, he hovered the spoon to with his lips unconsciously puckered. Her head was moving away from the spoon, making Jiyong release a frustrated breath. He eventually took the spoon to his own mouth and followed it with another spoon that was filled with meat and vegetables. 

 

"You used to force me to eat food and now I'm not allowed to do the same? What's this double standard?" he mumbled under his breath with his chipmunk cheeks. 

 

Sandara watched him talk to himself just like old times and it brought a small smile on her lips. He was mindlessly eating all her food now and seeing how deliciously he ate them all brought a grumble in her stomach. 

 

Jiyong chuckled absently, "It's good isn't it? You know for hospital food, this isn't bad." he said, taking another spoonful to his mouth. 

 

"Kwon Jiyong."

 

"Hmm?"

 

When he didn't hear a response, he looked up to see her with open. He tilted his head in question and the latter released an annoyed sound, her lips slightly closing now. 

 

"Yah, close your mouth. What's wrong with you?" he snorted and then Dara's gurgling stomach made a louder appearance. She winced in embarrassment and buried herself back in her bed, putting the pillow above her head.

 

Jiyong looked at her quizzically and then a realization finally hit him. He wasn't eating for two people anymore. The thought made him accidentally choke on his food, making Dara release herself from her pillow 'barricade'. Jiyong was patting his chest and hacked as if he was a cat that had a giant hair ball stuck in his throat. Dara silently handed him the water bottle on the table and he quickly took it, gulping almost everything down with one breath. He sat back with a grunt while Dara observed him wordlessly. 

 

Kwon Jiyong = enigma

 

Dara mentally nodded her head. Jiyong scooped up a spoonful of food for her and brought it close to . She cringed. She saw how he shamelessly used the spoon earlier like he was French kissing it. 

 

"Can I h-have another spoon?" it came out as a whisper and she looked at him with her big, doe eyes that she knew always worked to other people. 

 

But Jiyong was already immune to it. 

 

Although he did find it to be annoyingly cute. 

 

He sighed and deadpanned at her. "You do know that I've already kissed you. On the lips. Countless of times already. I'm still surprised you don't question that." he mumbled the last sentence to himself. "Now you're getting grossed out because I used this spoon?" he raised the said spoon like he was ready to beat someone with it. He set it down eventually, seeing a sudden panic in her face. His hand caressed her cheek and she gradually mellowed down. "Believe me, using your spoon was the least grossest thing that you end up making me do." he absentmindedly ate the food again, making him mutter a low curse. 

 

"Why did you kiss me?"

 

GREAT. Now she questions it.

 

"Eat first before the both of us start crying, arasso?" 

 

"We're gonna cry?—" Jiyong quickly (but gently) pushed the spoon in while he caught her in mid-sentence. Dara was whining as Jiyong forced her to chew by moving her chin.

 

She didn't know why she felt the need to want to go against him. Every action that had to deal with Kwon Jiyong somehow came naturally to her. It was a weird phenomenon. How can someone that she thinks she barely knows easily break down her barriers and leave her bare?

 

She didn't like the feeling. 

 

Dara ended up complying though with very obvious resistance. She was eating but it felt like she wasn't at the same time. Maybe it was because of the medication but she somehow couldn't enjoy the food. It was like she was doing something but not really having the sense of what exactly she was doing. 

 

She snapped out of her daze when she felt a familiar set of warm lips on her own. Dara let out a shocked breath and immediately hit Jiyong with all the force that she could (which was not a lot) and he smiled, seeing his old Dara slowly coming back. 

 

"Why are you even here?" she asked, a little irritated. "Aren't you busy just like the rest?" 

 

Even though she didn't speak with a bitterness in her voice, he definitely felt it. 

 

"I'm here because I want to." he stared at her intensely just as she did with him. "And you can't stop me." 

 

Dara slightly tensed. "Are you a stalker?" Her expression turned pale, and the heart monitor began to beep loudly. 

 

Jiyong quickly waved his hands, frightening the girl even more. He let out a sigh. "I'm your boyfriend." he gave her a desperate look. "Is it not obvious?"

 

She scrunched her brows. "Is that supposed to be a pick-up line?" she asked suspiciously. 

 

"If it was then you would've already seen me burying myself in the ground because like hell am I gonna say like that." he snorted and then looked at their intertwined hands. "We were together during an unfortunate circumstance. And a very ty one at that."  he smiled suddenly. "Does it explain why I can kiss you and hold you so freely without you getting worked up?" 

 

Dara alarmingly took her hand back and held it as if it were infected by something. He reached over to fix a piece of hair that was falling on her face and she flinched away, looking at him with a kind of distrust.

 

Jiyong knew that he shouldn't be offended by that because she just lost his memories of him. But he can't help but feel hurt. How can the woman he loves just forget everything they went through? He didn't want to think of those things because in the back of his mind, he already had a hunch that she wasn't going to remember him. Well how was she? She initially forgot the events of her past when he found her in his secret spot, odds are that she wasn't going to recall him if ever she's alive for some reason. And he guesses that he should be called Sherlock Holmes because his hunch was definitely right. 

 

Jiyong gave her the space she needed and just placed his hands on his lap. They didn't really talk about much. It's had just been 2 days since she woke up and his Jay hyung warned him about spilling too much of their past since it might cause confusion that might lead to a longer recovery time. Jay also knew that Jiyong had the tendency of acting a little overboard in tense situations so it was better safe than sorry. 

 

Dara was rubbing her arms and looking away at him while Jiyong whistled a tune and pocketed his hands. 

 

"Do you wanna know how we got together?" 

 

Her ears perked up but she didn't turn to look at him. 

 

"A lot of people didn't want us to be together." That made her look up at him. He was fiddling with his hands and had a distant look in his eyes. "They said we can't be together because... just because... you didn't belong. You even tried to push me away, a lot of times actually," the memory brought faint smile in his lips. "But I was stubborn and I fought for you. I wanted to prove to them that we belong together. I wanted to prove to you that I fell in love the girl who was different and I didn't want to let her go."

 

He forced himself to meet her eyes and saw sadness in them, almost pity. "Dara... Sandara Park. You were the most annoying, loud, childish, quirky, confident, free-spirited, and smiley girl that I've ever met..." He brushed his thumb on her rosy cheek. "And I love you for that. So much, Dara." 

 

"How can you say you love me... if I don't ever remember who you are?"

 

"Because I just do. And that's all that matters." 

 

"EYYYOOOO! SEUNGRI IS HERE!!!"

 

The t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter