19 - YOU, ME, AND JEJU [PART II]

The Ghost from the Vodka Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


JIYONG

 

 

"Hmmm."

 

Her low moan sent a shiver to my body as I shifted on the bed with my eyes still tightly shut. My hand found its way to her smooth back and abruptly stopped at a certain point in her spine. I furrowed my brows when I felt a weird elastic-like material that was in the way of her silky skin. My fingers absentmindedly fumbled and played with it and then it suddenly made a 'click' sound and I heard her gasp in surprise. 

 

"You did not just do that." 

 

I peeked with one eye and saw her... cupping her s while the straps of her bra were dangling off...? I opened my second eye and looked at her blankly for a moment. A moment until the blood finally got to my brain and I bolted the hell out of that bed. I looked down alarmingly and sighed in relief when I saw myself wearing pajamas. I looked back at Dara who was now lying on her stomach with her arms and legs stretched out while only in her underwear. And the straps of her bra that I apparently unclasped was left open, revealing her slenderness. 

 

I shook my head and ruffled my hair in irritation. 

 

"Why the hell are you ?!" 

 

With a groan, she moved her head to face me while flashing me a nasty look. "I'm wearing underwear, mom." 

 

I rolled my eyes and carefully covered her whole body with a duvet and securing her like a burrito. Her head was the only thing I could see and even that wasn't enough to calm myself down. I gave her a quick peck with an obvious angry expression on to let her know that I'm mad and all but she just gave me her spiteful grin. Goddamn, don't make me kiss that mouth of yours again. 

 

"Where's your clothes?" I asked, less grumpy now. 

 

She batted her lashes innocently at me and said, "I've never really took off my dress before. I feel more free without it, y'know more freedom to do activities." she wiggled her brows at me. I covered her face with the palm of my hand but even then I could still feel her teasing smile and moving brows. 

 

"You're so energetic in the morning." I yawned, squeezing her in a hug and sinking my face in her hair. 

 

"You still love me right?" she muffled. 

 

I smiled and broke away from the hug. "Yet I still love you." I pinched her nose and she squirmed away, making me chuckle. "Go to the bathroom and wear your clothes. Let's go eat breakfast." 

 

"Don't you mean you go eat breakfast and I just look at you." 

 

"I'm already full just looking at you. I just need to watch the way you sigh whenever I eat something good." I replied cheekily. "It gives me purpose." 

 

She hit me on the shoulder while hiding the obvious blush in her cheeks. She hurriedly grabbed her dress and scurried off into the bathroom, leaving the duvet at the doorstep and letting me get a quick glimpse of her for the last time. I cleared my throat to get some weird thoughts out of my head and stretched on the spot with a blissful moan escaping my lips every now and again. On auto-pilot, I started making the bed and readying my clothes for the day with a cluttered mind. 

 

My phone suddenly rang from the nightstand and I quirked a brow seeing noona's name flash on the screen. I sat down on the bed with my hesitant hand hovering over it as it continued to ring. I heard Dara's faint yell telling me to answer my phone but I was just left to look blankly at it. It's not like I'm ignoring my sister or something... okay, maybe I am. Her calls are always about Dara and I don't like it one bit. I know she's still wanting to try and help me but these past few weeks she's been asking me weird questions and making me repeat things about what Dara said before. 

 

I wasn't getting a good feeling. 

 

The bathroom door swung open and Dara quickly flew to me, answered the call, and positioned the phone in my ear. She was throwing me an annoyed look while I just gave her an absent stare. 

 

"Are you there, Jiyong?"

 

Noona's voice snapped me out of my daze and I had to blink a few times before saying an uninterested, "Yeah."

 

"Where are you? You're not home!" Her voice sounded so urgent and it didn't fail to make me feel queasy.

 

"Dara and I are in Jeju."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"What do you want noona?" 

 

Her breathing went calm after a few seconds. "Why are you there?" she asked softly all of the sudden. 

 

"Dara wanted me to relax so here I was relaxing... when you decided to call." 

 

She completely ignored my snide comment and I thanked the Lord for that. I don't need an argument to start my day. Instead she asks, "How long are you two going to stay there?" 

 

"Around late Sunday, I think." I glanced back at Dara to confirm and she just nodded her head silently. "Yeah, late Sunday." 

 

The line went quiet for a while and I had to check if she was still there. Unfortunately, she still was. But she still hasn't spoken for a few minutes. I could hear her fumbling on the other side though. I switched my focus back on Dara for the meantime and found her inspecting her somewhat scarred feet with tentative hands. My own hands found their way to her head, settling her under my chin as she continued to inspect her feet with a slight pout. 

 

"I'll just tell you when you guys come back." 

 

My attention came back to noona. "What? Why not just tell me now?"

 

"Ani... Is she right beside you by any chance?" 

 

The crease on my forehead just got deeper. "No." I lied, feeling suspicious. "Why do you ask?" 

 

"It's about her..."

 

"Didn't I already tell you to stop this, noona?" I can't help but let out the irritation in my voice. Dara flinched in surprise beside me and I caressed her head, mentally telling her that I was okay.

 

We were okay. 

 

"This is really important, Jiyong—"

 

I didn't even let her finish and just abruptly ended the call. A tired sigh came from me and of course her comforting hands were there to hold on to mine and gave me the reassurance that I needed. 

 

"Is everything alright?" she mumbled worriedly. 

 

I kissed her on the forehead and gently rubbed on the mark. "We're just living life, right?" 

 

Her worried expression quickly changed into a smile but I could still see the small tension in her knit brows. I hugged her wordlessly and felt her icy arms wrap around my waist. Never did I feel warm yet cold at the same time but it was a pleasant feeling. 

 

"We're living, Jiyong." she answered, tightening her hold around me. 

 

I cupped her cheeks and squeezed them together making her lips pop out comically. I sighed. Even when she looks like a complete buffoon I still love her. I gave her buffoon lips another chaste kiss but she pulled me in further. 

 

I guess the bigger buffoon out of the two of us was whipped for the day. 

 

"I love you." she moaned, kissing me on the neck. 

 

Oh damn...

 

 

________________________________

 

 

The view in front of me was so foggy that I couldn't even see a single light from the ground. The 'safety chains' on my waist clanged against the dreadful breeze from this thousand feet hell we're in.

 

We are literally in a ing crane. I don't know about you but this looks like a scene from freaking Final Destination which is movie where almost everyone ing dies in the most obscure way possible. I'm on top of a ing crane. How obscure can you get?

 

"How much is this?" 

 

"40 000 won." The bungee guy replied, clearly getting annoyed. 

 

... if it wasn't so expensive I would've not go through with it.

 

"Expensive?" Dara said with a disbelieving tone. "It's like $40."

 

I glared at her. "And how the do you know it's  $40? No. Actually... how the do you know the conversion rate?"

 

She gave me a look and then pointed at the sign beside me. With a frustrated grunt I made myself look at the sign that clearly shows the price in both Korean Won and the American Dollar. Goddamn tourist cities.

 

"Hey buddy, are you going or not?" 

 

I scowled at the impatient man behind me and gave him a discreet middle finger. 

 

But apparently it wasn't that discreet.

 

"GOT A PROBLEM, PUNK?!"

 

Holy hell take me now.

 

I was about to go on my armadillo pose and cling on the bungee guy's leg when I was hit with a sudden blindness and that's when I knew that I hell was taking me now. My body restrained itself from going on defensive mode and I just found my middle fingers rubbing the annoying guy's face. I groaned inwardly while Dara laughed with my voice. Before the guy could forcefully push me off the ledge, Dara jumped for me while laughing maniacally. 

 

"SEE YA, ERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!" 

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

"Are you alright, baby?" 

 

Am I okay? she said. Am. I. ing. Okay. Oh I don't know, do my teary eyes, black cheek, and crack-addict jitters give it away? I was clearly not okay. 

 

As soon as I bounced back up that death on a crane, the guy who 'I' called a er, er punched me square in the jaw and gave me a sore, black mark just underneath my cheek and making me trip on my feet and bungee jump for the second time. And that wasn't even it. When we fell, I felt my life flashed before my eyes (twice) while I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter