Chapter 6

Is There Anything He Can't Do?!

After what happened in lunch I couldn't focus at all in any of my classes. I was still looking at my teacher talk, but I wasn't comprehending anything. And before I knew it, it was time to face Mr.Song and maybe even worse Sihyoung. 

I feel like skipping but I know Ji-eun would kill me if she found out. Plus I don't think it would look good skipping on my second day. So I walk as slow as I possibly can to dance class. I make it through the class with a mob of other students, just as the bell rings. I find a seat in the back hoping Sihyoung doesn't see me. And with my luck Sihyoung comes scooting over to join me, still with that stupid smirk on his face. 

"Hey Yijeong~" Sihyoung says. I ignore him and continue to look toward the front. "You can't still be mad at me for what happened at lunch. I said I wouldn't do it don't you believe me." I look over at him and he's blinking his eyes and pouting. I can't help but laugh at him. "I'm not mad," I say "I'm just embarrassed. I mean I've just met this guy and he makes me flustered to the point that I come off as clumsy and anxious. Plus he's my teacher, so..." I look down at my lap. 

"It's okay Yijeong and I'm sorry I bothered you about it, but you're just so cute when you're embarrassed." He pinches my cheek.

"I really wish you guys would stop doing that." I laugh as I rub my cheek."It makes me feel like a baby." 

"That's because you look and act like one." He pinches my cheek again. "Ugh" I laugh. 

We didn't even notice that class still hasn't started. Everyone is still talking around us. And when I look to the front Mr.Song seems to be sifting through papers. So far he seemed to be someone who is always organized, but right now he seems a little distracted. I watch him as he finally finds what he's looking for. He looks up and our eyes meet. He gives me a nervous smile and clears his throat now ready to start the class. 

"Okay guys so for the first assignment of this class I want you to choreograph a dance. It can be of any type and with any genre. This will help me see your dancing abilities and get to know you as a dancer as well. You have until Friday to put something together." "Details are on the paper being passed around." "You guys can use the rest of the class to brainstorm on what you want to do. I'm actually kind of out of it right now." 

The class goes back to talking and everyone sounds excited about what they are going to do. Sihyoung talks to me about what he plans on doing, but I'm not really paying attention. All I can think about is Mr.Song. I glance over at him and our eyes meet again. We both look away and I try to give my full attention to Sihyoung. 

Class goes by fast and people start to head out of class. Sihyoung is going to meet Katie before he goes to work so he heads out before I do. I pretend that I'm looking for something in my book bag so I'm the last one in the class. When everyone is finally gone, I walk over to Mr.Song who is staring at the screen on his laptop. I look at the screen and all I see is a blank word document. "Um Mr.Song are you alright?" He looks up at me and smiles. "Yea Yijeong, I'm fine. You haven't gone yet?" I mess with my glasses and say "Oh no you seemed kind of out of it and I um wanted to make sure you were okay." He looks up at me and I get even more nervous. "Thank you Yijeong," he says " I just have something on my mind I'm fine though." He smiles. 

An idea pops in my head and I smile. He looks at me, his eyes showing that he's curious about what I'm thinking. I continue to smile as I head to the speaker doc. I pull out my phone and turn on a song. The music fills the room as it starts. "Um since you're not feeling well maybe dancing will help. You know to get your mind off whatever you're thinking about." He smiles and walks over to me. I start to dance to the music and he joins in. We have great chemistry as we dance and our bodies move fluidly with the music. While we're dancing we steal glances at each other through the mirror. I've never been this happy while dancing. 

When the music stops we both collapse on the floor out of breath and smiling. I sit up and look over at him. I offer my hand to help him sit up too. "Wow Yijeong you're a great dancer I could really see your passion." He says as he takes my hand. I smile and start to blush. "Thanks Mr. Song. Um that's one of my favorite songs and I've always wanted to dance to it with someone else. So I'm happy it was with you. It also seems like whatever was bothering you before has gone away." I smile. He looks at me and just stares at me. I start to look down because his stare makes me nervous. He reaches his hand out and lifts my head up to meet his gaze. 

"The more I see you the more I can't resist you." 

*Just in case you guys were wondering what song they were dancing too it's called Dance With Me. It's actually from the movie Cheetah Girls 2 hehe. The scene of this movie is so great and this song goes so well with a dance for two people. (This is just a look into my childhood hehe)