she comes in bells

venus in furs
When Sehun wakes up on the floor of a gas station restroom at 5:30 AM with two chicks who were both at least a 6/10, he knows he had a successful night. Yes, people may have called him a for having rainbow hair, but that meant no one suspected that he was the one ing their girlfriends. So therefore, Sehun considers the rainbow hair a definite plus, especially when he's snagging es left and right (i.e.: having a with two (not ugly) girls at Trashcon). 
 
He pulls himself upright, shirt ed and hair more than a little ruffled. He inspects his torso, bruises and scrapes littering him, unsurprising given the events of last night, and inwardly grins. It takes him more than a few moments to make himself look presentable and not like he just slept for a few hours on a bathroom floor in a gas station. 

 

Sehun leaves the girls to continue their dozing in the bathroom after standing up fully to button his shirt and tame his hair. Even when he tries to keep a poker face there is a smile playing at his lips, smug satisfaction practically radiating. Yes, he may have ed two girls in a gas station bathroom, but he also had a , which in his eyes, outweighed the location. 
 
The smile only abandons Sehun's face when he opens his phone. Twenty notifications from Jongin. All of them contain an excessive amount of crying emojis. Damnit, Sehun grumbles in his head as he makes his way to Jongin's house, mumbling obscenities about how stupid Jongin was. 
 
All of these antagonistic phrases are abandoned when he enters Jongin's bedroom. The brown haired teen is one cry away from a breakdown. Sehun slides softly into the other adolescent's bed, hand slipping over Jongin's back in soothing, slow circles. He was never good at comforting people, but he had been into this role a few more times than expected by Jongin. 
 
For a while they do not say anything, not a word. Jongin's breathing slows and becomes less erratic, and Sehun seems to have hypnotized himself to the rhythm of tracing circles. Eventually he can feel Jongin's chest vibrate as the other teen began to speak. 
 
"I, , I thought I had a chance." Jongin's voice is still strained with unhappiness, and Sehun can feel his own heart shatter in sympathy. He may be close with their entire friend group, but Jongin is his best bro, his rock, his closest friend. 
 
"Hey, hey, don't cry now." Sehun says in the most calming voice he can conjure up, stalling so he can think of something more to say. Unfortunately, nothing comes to mind, so these words are followed by an awkward pause. 
 
"How can I not cry? The," Jongin sniffles deeply, "love of my life," another sniffle "doesn't feel the same way I do."
 
Sehun puts on his most sympathetic facial expression. Then he realizes that it won't help because Jongin is lying face down in a mountain of pillows. "How about you explain what happened last night and I'll give you my opinion?"
 
Jongin turns slightly, eye contact being made for a split second. "Sehun, you wouldn't understand. You're straight."
 
"Just because I'm straight doesn't mean I don't understand when someone doesn't like me. Just tell me what happened Jongin, I'm your best friend."
 
Jongin rolls over fully, now lying on his back, eyes cast towards the ceiling fan making slow circles. "Ok. So, like I started flirting, and I don't think he got the message. So, like, I decided that it would be a good time to kiss him. And I did. And then he gave me this judgey look so I ran home."
 
Sehun pauses. He stares at Jongin for a while, deciding on what to say. Sehun had had his fair share of relationships, so he feels like he should have experience to draw from. Unfortunately, he also knows he's not particularly that bright, so his response is not going to be quality. "That's not all bad."
 
"His face was that of disgust! It is all bad!" Jongin exclaims, voice jumping up an octave or two, eyes scrunching in unhappiness. 
 
Sehun is really racking his brain now. "It could have gone worse."
 
Jongin's frown reaches a comical size. "It also could have gone a lot better! He's not into me, Sehun."
 
Sehun furrows his brow even further, gears in his mind running as fast as possible to figure out something to say. "How do you not know that?"
 
"Sehun, his body langua--"
 
"Perhaps he hasn't come to terms with his queerness yet, you never know." Sehun says, proudly smiling because in his books, perhaps was a fancy word. 
 
Jongin shakes his head in defeat. Sehun was his best friend, and he meant well, but oftentimes his logic was lacking. Jongin wondered why he was the brains of the duo. 
 
Little did he know, Kyungsoo was talking about the very same thing to Luhan and Minseok, both of which who had very different opinions on the whole thing. 
 
"Look, you just said he's had feelings for you for years! You have to let him down easily." Luhan reasoned. Without Yixing present, the Chinese was a hell of a lot more chatty. 
 
"Luhan that's bull." Minseok grins, and it is the same innocent smile he gives to parents and teachers and authorities, but it seems more sinister than anything else now. "If he wants your so badly I'm sure he'd blow you. Free s never hurt anyone."
 
"Minseok! That's so unfair to Jongin!"
 
Kyungsoo stares at the two, who now have completely ignored him. He would say something, but their conversation was so polarized that it was behind interesting, like watching the angel and devil argue on his shoulders in a cartoon. 
 
"How is it unfair? Jongin wants him, and he gets him! Everyone wins!" Minseok says, and it has become obvious that Minseok truly does not see any flaws in his argument. 
 
"But if Kyungsoo is doing that, he's leading Jongin on!"
 
"He could say he's only in it for the ! I do that all the time!" Minseok exclaims, and looks rather proud of himself. 
 
Luhan's face is a certain shade of horror that is only rivaled by the expression he has when Yixing does something truly terrifying. "Jongin is not an object! His feelings will get hurt."
 
Kyungsoo decides to step in. "Okay, okay, I get it! Maybe I shouldn't say anything to him at all."
 
The look on both of his friends' faces is that of disappointment. 
 
----
 
Kris is eating breakfast at his local Denny's with Yixing and Chanyeol when the idea comes upon them. Yixing is currently three quarters of the way through his second plate of pancakes, and Chanyeol is absentmindedly sipping a horchata, while Kris schemes up a plan between bites of scrambled eggs. 
 
Kris has an idea. He turns to Chanyeol. No idea involving Park Chanyeol is a good idea. 
 
"Chanyeol, you life guard at the pool, right?" He asks, a plan beginning to drum up in his head. The local pool belonged to a kind hearted country club that managed to employee kids like Chanyeol, who were not really that responsible or trustworthy. 
 
Chanyeol nods, continuing to sip at his horchata. "Yeah, I did. Pool's closed to the public until May though."
 
"But is there water in the pool?"
 
Chanyeol paused, eyes darting around in thought. He concentrated hard, head turning down as he wracked his brain for information. "Yeah, actually. They filled it up not too long ago, dunno why though."
 
Kris beams. "Do you have a key?"
 
Chanyeol shakes his head quickly. "Nah, I didn't. Only head lifeguards get those."
 
"Do you know who the head lifeguard is?" Kris is beginning to grow exasperated. Yixing, who has not said a single word the entire time, begins to snicker. 
 
"Uh like this thirty year old guy. So no, I'm not bros with him." Chanyeol frowns. "I do know where he lives though. We could probably steal the key while he's away."
 
Kris's grin has a predatory edge to it. "How soon can we do that? I say we have a pool party tonight."
 
Chanyeol and Yixing smile widely, and nod fervently. The morning breeze blows through the outdoor seating of the Denny's, and the streetside view suddenly seems less trashy. Chanyeol moves his horchata aside, styrofoam container sitting on the edge of the table. 
 
Yixing was about to say something, mouth opening, but then his expression changes to that of horror. The other two teenagers turn in their seats to see a homeless person (whether they were man, woman, or neither could not be said), wrapped in a dress made of a bed sheet with tin foil jewelry and questionable makeup, strut over towards Chanyeol's drink in towering heels. They grabbed the horchata, disguised in that styrofoam cup that said "COCA COLA" in bright letters, and set aside their stub of a cigarette. 
 
In mere seconds Mystery Homeless Person had downed the entire drink, only to realize that it wasn't Coca Cola. Making a screwy face, they then spat the entire drink all over the table. Kris felt like he was going to vomit. 
 
"'S NASTY!" Mystery Homeless Person bellowed before skittering away in their five inch heels. Never again were they eating at Denny's. 
 
Therefore Kris, Yixing and Chanyeol exit the restaurant as quickly as possible, and decide to hail a cab (cursing that there was no Uber in their town). After what seems like forever, they manage to board one. 
 
But fate was not on their side today. Between the three of them they had four dollars. "We only have four dollars." Yixing states. 
 
The driver sighs and visibly deflates. He pauses for a good long while, thinking it over. "Fine. I'll do it for four dollars, but we're making a stop first. I need to pick up a package."
 
The driver starts off in the direction of the address they had given him, but suddenly takes a detour near Chanyeol's neighborhood. Yixing smiles with the intensity of a thousand suns, because he is either too dense or his brain is too fried to realize that this is the one of the worst parts of town. Chanyeol and Kris trade worried looks, but the driver speeds on, in the general direction of a motel. 
 
"Alright boys, we're only going to be here for a minute while I get something. Don't open the doors or windows, and please do not talk to anyone, anyone at all." The driver says before exiting the taxi and jogging into the ty motel. 
 
Near instantly after he leaves, hordes of women start approaching the car. Yixing stares at them, seemingly transfixed. All of the ladies were rather scantily clad, with severe makeup and a faraway look in their eyes. 
 
"Wow, this is quite the welcome!" He titters, turning to look at Chanyeol and Kris. "Do you think they work for the motel?"
 
"Yixing, I don't know how to put this nicely..." Kris starts. He sincerely likes the other Chinese teenager, but Yixing has more than a few screws loose and isn't exactly the brightest bulb. 
 
"Yixing, those are hookers." Chanyeol says with all of the subtlety of a brick going through a window. This is why he was oftentimes selected to be the bringer of bad news. He just didn't give a . 
 
"Hi!" Yixing has already ignored Chanyeol and is currently waving to one of the (many) hookers. "I'm Yixing! How are you?"
 
Kris lunges to pull Yixing away from the window before the other teen can roll it down. Sometimes he wonders why he's friends with the Chinese teenager. "Yixing! The driver just told us not to do that!"
 
"But they seemed so friendly!" Yixing frowns, and looks genuinely sad. Kris feels his heart melt some. 
 
"Too in' bad. They just want our money." Chanyeol says, unfazed by Yixing's facial expression. 
 
Luckily for the three of them, the driver soon returns to the taxi, package firmly in hand. "Sorry about that, boys. Lot of sketchy people 'round these parts. You didn't talk to none of these women though, right?"
 
Chanyeol shakes his head before anyone can say anything else. "No sir. Never seen so many in my life."
 
The driver shakes his head, deeming Chanyeol to be relatable enough. "Don't give 'em the time of your day. Now, to your destination."
 
The rest of the ride is quiet and uneventful, but there is a building sense of pressure between the three high schoolers as they worried if they would be able to get the key. Leaving the taxi, the tension only got worse. This all ed in a single point of horror as the trio realized that they could not get the key.